ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
im looking for someone who knows how to tune a procharger
Ive had good experience with Dakota at Lund. Ken Bjonnes at Palm Beach Dyno and Rob Shoemaker are some other highly regarded tuners too.
Sponsored

carnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard GT PP Stg 2 Whipped
No regrets here. I just need to find a place to put all the power to use!

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
FI is always fun. But this time around I decided to stay N/A.

When I sold my 11 GT500 it was over 700+ rhwp. The car drove great but the problem was unless I was at the track, or I was running my DR rims, I could not put the power down on the street even with wide grippy tires. On cool days in S. FL (yes it happens) I had to be careful. Also I refused to run on DR all the time because of the weather here. Rains on one block and sunny on the next.

So on Sasha here I was first going to go TT....Boostworks or the Blackbird kit. Maybe even Hellion, though I wanted a under the car kit. Came to the buy screen...and paused. Thought about what I did in the other shelby...and then really considered what I was going to do in this car and how often I did it. Long story short, I called Beefcake, ask some questions, and went with the mods in my sig. Great service from Beefcake btw! Thanks !

Have to say I am a happy camper. I am at 505/422 RWHP with this setup, and its more than enough on the street. Have not gone to the track yet, but I would say it feels like a mid 11 sec car, though I do plan on being on the "other track" at PBIR this coming year. So is FI worth yet ? Yes and No. You need to look at what you want to do and as other have said, set yourself up for what other parts will cost.

Whichever route you go, no regrets.

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I am at 5k miles on my 17 GT, p1X blown. I went FI at 3k miles. If I were to do it again I would go roots or turbo. This is my first centri, I've had the other tell before. Seems like centri is half and half

Sponsored

sublimaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I am at 5k miles on my 17 GT, p1X blown. I went FI at 3k miles. If I were to do it again I would go roots or turbo. This is my first centri, I've had the other tell before. Seems like centri is half and half
Can you elaborate? Why would you go roots or turbo? And what do you mean by "centri is half and half"?

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I prefer the torque feeling of a roots low power band and the whine.
I love the up top power and BOV on a turbo.
I feel like with a centri you get the mid range power that almost levels off up top, or takes a bit extra to spool (if that makes sense). You get the whistle of a turbo without the BOV, unless you choose to add one, but I haven't been given any feedback on what the purpose of a bov on a centri is besides sound.
It's also not as convenient to raise boost as with a turbo that has a boost controller on it.
Roots kits tend to be cheaper, I was going to go Whipple, but was talked in to PC, which isn't bad, but I feel like it's mid grade, at least at the P1X level. I am doing fuel next and then the D1X or F1X are going in.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I feel like with a centri you get the mid range power that almost levels off up top, or takes a bit extra to spool (if that makes sense). You get the whistle of a turbo without the BOV, unless you choose to add one, but I haven't been given any feedback on what the purpose of a bov on a centri is besides sound.
It's also not as convenient to raise boost as with a turbo that has a boost controller on it.
Roots kits tend to be cheaper, I was going to go Whipple, but was talked in to PC, which isn't bad, but I feel like it's mid grade, at least at the P1X level. I am doing fuel next and then the D1X or F1X are going in.
Really? Just pulley down and go E85 and hang on ... Easy 9s ..It will not be Mid grade as you put it ...lol

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I understand the possibility of upgrade, I am speaking stock system to stock system, and about my opinion, preference,and experience. You can say the same statement above about a roots or turbo (e85 turn up the boost), but how do each power adder react to that change? Strictly preference, the man asked, so I answered lol

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I think the centripetal kits pull harder up top. Are you sure your car is tuned correctly. My car pulls like hell and I am seeing about 11psi at 7500.

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Zero complaints or disappointment on my Beefcake Special Paxton 3.6" set up. The car runs extremely strong.

DrDane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT A6 400A 3.55
ITS FUN! That being said I totally see a slower car being able to be driven harder being more fun, maybe a voodoo screamer.

JC500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Orange
I have a root style Roush charger blower on my 2015 Gt. I have 9 thousand miles since install and not one problem. I do not regret it at all my car is a blast to drive. I built it for a fast street car. It is the 727 HP Kit . I had to beef up the suspension and bigger tires on rear 305 so now all the power goes to ground but it can still be a handful if you are not careful. Stock 5.0 was not enough power for me felt slow now it feels like it should strong and fast

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
[MENTION=30773]Cobo_pro[/MENTION] it sounds like you need a wastegate! ;) Your gripes will be solved. Check my build log (I think you've seen it already though) or PM me for more info on my setup if you want.

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I think the centripetal kits pull harder up top. Are you sure your car is tuned correctly. My car pulls like hell and I am seeing about 11psi at 7500.
I am Lund remote tune, but you can't tell me it pulls harder than a hellion up top lol
Sponsored