Sponsored

2018 Mustang Performance Package Level 2 (PP2) "Tremor Package" Contents Revealed

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
Ford: We've learned our lesson with the GT350..they all will have the coolers. .

Also Ford: Hey let's do that "no coolers" bit with the PP2 again.
Ford: Lets test our cars against the real competition camaro ss and camaro ss 1le this time.

Lessons learned checked! I hope!

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Buying parts later is not a factory "option".

Might was well add a blower, new trans, and every other aftermarket parts you might want to make your car track ready. Which throws much of your warentey out the window, forces you to buy parts twice, and install them twice, which drives up cost.
Yes and no... depends on who your dealer is. Those parts listed would not void a warranty. I never said it was a factory option but it was something that FP marketed and don't forget a lot of the cars that are now legendary like the Boss 429 weren't built by the factory anyway. You could build a 2015-17 King Cobra and it would still be covered by warranty, FP confirmed that.

But to speak to the cooling issues brought up here, I agree. As someone who works for one of Ford's competitors, the PP2 cars should include the GT350 diff cooler and at the very least the Boss MT82 tans cooler scoop.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I know this may potentially feed the trolls, but...

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...icHRef=G1917310&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False

I get the typical "CYA" statements...but this shouldn't be on a car of this spec. I won't jump to conclusions, but I seriously hope the PP2 won't require the consumer to buy coolers. That would be an epic fail.

What say you guys?
Before my experience with my GT350 I would have said this is only a CYA, but now based on that statement I'm more likely to make the assumption that you absolutely will need coolers if you go to the road course.

If I were going to buy a PP2 2018 would either plan on adding coolers or wait until there's a good amount of data from other people's experiences on the road course.

Sponsored

Cgocifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel, 2015 4Runner
Someone asked earlier... The 1LE Camaro only comes with the 6 speed. If you've seen paddles, those are to turn on and off the rev match which is pretty darn cool by the way.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
That tire/wheel upgrade is the only thing I would like to have for my PP car.

I don't care for the front splitter and rear spoiler. Ford seems to be in the habit of providing anemic rear spoilers as of late. Most people don't need the huge downforce but geez, if you are going to put one there in the first place earn some style points while you're at it.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
Is this true or bs? If it is then its game over for all this pp2 hype.
3F1A2382-F501-4542-866A-C24D15CC9383.jpeg

williamwally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 gt
For me this brings up the question: How many current GT PP's that hit the track hit limp mode?
I know it has been a big deal on the non TP 350's (which are usually caused by the trans getting too hot I think?), but I haven't heard a lot about the normal PP's hitting limp mode.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
For me this brings up the question: How many current GT PP's that hit the track hit limp mode?
I know it has been a big deal on the non TP 350's (which are usually caused by the trans getting too hot I think?), but I haven't heard a lot about the normal PP's hitting limp mode.
I have a 2015 so it doesn't have sensors for the rear diff or tranny that I am aware of. Not sure it could go into limp mode if it wanted to. I believe they added the sensors in 2016 so it would be great to know for 2015 and 2016 and up. Maybe start a poll?

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Tires are what stop the car, advantage PP2. If you can lock up the brakes on sticky tires, you don't need more "powerful" brakes.

Larger brakes are about more heat capacity, and of course the fixed calipers help with brake feel and consistency.
Weight and resistance to fade.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Question do you have to change the alignment to run at the track or can you use ur everyday alignment settings if you are just a casual racer that does hpde or auto cross a few times a year?

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Question do you have to change the alignment to run at the track or can you use ur everyday alignment settings if you are just a casual racer that does hpde or auto cross a few times a year?
On my 2013 Laguna Seca I have MM CC plates maxed out camber for the track. I drive it on the street that way and I haven't noticed any extra tire wear. I probably don't drive it on the street as much as some (5,000 miles in the last year - track and street). I have thought about and know at one guy with a Boss who manually changes his back after track events. He swears he got a lot of tire wear leaving it as max negative camber.

If I were to get a 2018 GT PP2 I'd probably try to switch back and forth to make sure I didn't wear out those expensive tires. LS has regular PZeros on it now not Corsas (I have used racing slicks for track use).

z31maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Weight and resistance to fade.
Heat capacity = thermal capacity = more heat can be taken in and reduce the probability of encountering fade.

In reality, on a car this powerful and heavy, I'd duct the front brakes as well. The cooler you can keep the brakes the more life you get out of the pads.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
So I just went in tire rack so many options available in the 305.30.r19 size. Re71r, ad08r, ps4s, cup, trofeo r, ventus rs4, etc. So at least there r options if u don't want to run cup 2s. Nice if u prefer to autocross from what I understand cup2's need more time to heat up bad for autox.
Sponsored