I suspect he is referring to the 10-06-2017 video. Which also got my attention

1:14 second video
driving in traffic
busy with phone at 32 seconds
both hands off the steering wheel at one point
red paint visible in the rear view mirror
cobra decal on the steering wheel
whose car could this possibly be ? :shrug:
Can't stand people who drive and text. Fkin boils my blood.
I hate to be "that guy" to look like I'm starting shit, but you guys are retarded. Are you like 80 with bad eye sight or something? At 32 seconds I'm clearly getting my phone to open up the video app TO RECORD the video that I demonstrated in this thread. There's nothing in this video demonstrating me texting. Call up a local cop and have them issue me a ticket for it. Also, the point where "both hands were off the steering wheel" there was no car near me and my left knee was temporarily holding the wheel straight.

Trust me, I absolutely cannot stand people who text and drive when they're clearly and obviously swerving or nearly causing some type of accident, but don't come in here and act like you've never picked up your phone for a few seconds while you were driving. What boils my blood is people commenting bullshit like you two and acting as if you're 100% perfect and follow all laws 100% of the time of your driving. This is the wrong place for that, sorry dude. You guys are going to have a tough time on this thread.

I'll ask this question again -- Wrong thread?

Last edited:
OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Here's what you do, find a GT350R close to MSRP and trade your car in on that.
I honestly wouldn't mind doing this, lol.

Sponsored

FocusRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
:clap2::clap2:

Thanks for this man. Exactly what I was looking for here. I've had the habit of easing off the clutch (maybe for about half a sec right towards the end) to smooth the downshifts out for quite awhile now, and IMHO this seems like the biggest thing I've probably been doing wrong. So is this worse than just letting out quickly and letting it jerk a little from over or under revving? I'll also ask them for a picture too. They haven't done anything yet -- I have to drop my car off either tomorrow or Monday. Parts should be in today.

Damn. 11 track days and still rolling. I've only been to one track day and one auto cross event, lol.
Who uses a clutch other than to get off the line? :D

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So I finally flew in from Chicago today and reproduced the issue. My car doesn't let me set cruise control while these issues are occurring. If I keep tapping it repeatedly for a few minutes (yep minutes) then it eventually lets me set the speed for a split second, and then it stops and doesn't let me resume or set the speed again..

So I had the Ngauge on one of the throttle sensors, and while the car was jerking, I didn't see any changes. I monitored for MAF and throttle sensor. Seemed to be the same before, during, and after the issues occurred.
Cannot set cruise control ?

MAF is steady? RPM is steady as well ?

I tested my car on cruise control. 65 mph. 5th gear. MAF varies very little, between 3-6 depending on whether its level, or slight incline, decline. I have to blip the throttle to feel a surge, and that sends MAF over 10.

What happens if you cruise in 4th, 5th, and 6th. Surge is same, or changes ?
ngauge maf.jpg

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
So I finally flew in from Chicago today and reproduced the issue. My car doesn't let me set cruise control while these issues are occurring. If I keep tapping it repeatedly for a few minutes (yep minutes) then it eventually lets me set the speed for a split second, and then it stops and doesn't let me resume or set the speed again..

So I had the Ngauge on one of the throttle sensors, and while the car was jerking, I didn't see any changes. I monitored for MAF and throttle sensor. Seemed to be the same before, during, and after the issues occurred.
have you tried disabling the electronic nannies, both the hold for 5 seconds method, and also the second where you can disconnect the electrical harness in the engine bay?

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Alright, so a quick update.

Went to Ford, waited about an hour, and then was asked if I could come back later in the week because one of the techs had a small incident. My morning was not going that well, so I was completely fine with this.

However, I did post in the Ford Shelby GT350 Owners group on Facebook today and one of the guys in the group reached out to me. I called him and he's having the EXACT same issues as me. He has about 20k miles on his car and it started around 18k, just like mine. Car revs up during upshifts, surges, etc. after going WOT, just like me. He even got the exact same P0830 and P0838 (I think it is) codes pertaining to Clutch Pedal Switch Circuit A and B.

He said he's been involved with a Ford engineer for about two months and they're replaced a lot of things -- ECU, clutch pedal switch, crank sensors, throttle body, and the issue still persists.

I'm extremely relieved to know that someone else with a 100% stock car is having this issue, mostly so that I can lose my concerns about the tune potentially contributing to the issue. So now we're going to exchange some information and see if we can combine information and figure out what the issue is without me having to go through all of that as well.

^
Agree, enough with the peanut gallery. Dont act like your shit dont stink. Back to the actual topic.
Exactly.

Who uses a clutch other than to get off the line? :D
Lol.

Cannot set cruise control ?

MAF is steady? RPM is steady as well ?

I tested my car on cruise control. 65 mph. 5th gear. MAF varies very little, between 3-6 depending on whether its level, or slight incline, decline. I have to blip the throttle to feel a surge, and that sends MAF over 10.

What happens if you cruise in 4th, 5th, and 6th. Surge is same, or changes ?
Yep so when I turn cruise control on, it goes grey as normal. But the minute I try to set my speed, it doesn't work. Like pressing the button does nothing -- the speed doesn't set and it doesn't turn green, it just stays grey.

MAF and RPM were steady when I was monitoring it in the Ngauge. Surge is the same in 4th, 5th, and 6th. Just more noticeable in 6th.

have you tried disabling the electronic nannies, both the hold for 5 seconds method, and also the second where you can disconnect the electrical harness in the engine bay?
Yep, I tried turning off advanced trac by holding up the toggle switch for 5 seconds. I haven't tried disconnecting the harness in the engine bay, however.

Sponsored

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Does cruise control have a problem all the time, or just certain times? If the problems start after a WOT, maybe a sensor is getting hot and malfunctioning.

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Does cruise control have a problem all the time, or just certain times? If the problems start after a WOT, maybe a sensor is getting hot and malfunctioning.
It only has issues after going WOT. It's funny you mention that because that's my thought as well. I just don't know where specifically to go to check.

This other guy replaced spark plugs, coils, pcm, throttle body, engine wiring, loom, crankshift position sensor, all cam sensors, both knock sensors, clutch pedal switch, and even the clutch.

That's a ton of crap to replaced. Any suggestions of other places to check? I think he's going to have his Ford Engineer reach out to my dealership.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Maybe sensors vulnerable to heat would be a good place to start. Oxygen sensors may get hot at WOT. Can't remember if we can monitor those with ngauge.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
The TPS in these cars is in the throttle pedal - has anyone replaced that? I had one fail in my coyote swap (was my fault but it didn't take much to ruin it).

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The TPS in these cars is in the throttle pedal - has anyone replaced that? I had one fail in my coyote swap (was my fault but it didn't take much to ruin it).
That seems like another good part to swap. Related to cruise control. I was thinking maybe it got swapped already, because he said throttle body.
Sponsored