Sponsored

A/C Evaporator Factory Defect

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
For what is worth, the second replacement evap was part Z which replaced the prior one S. Dealer said that during the past three months there have been multiple evap part changes.
The part they used for 2nd replacement (third overall) was Part U. :tsk:

If they are already to Z, does that mean they've tried 5 more iterations since mine? I got mine installed a week ago.

Maybe next summer when I'm on my fourth one they'll have gotten it right. 26 times a charm? :frusty:
Sponsored

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I watched the parts guy look it up and the latest as of Monday was Y. Strange to hear about the Z. But anyway...

I had mine done yesterday. I dropped it off Monday night and they started first thing yesterday morning. When I dropped it off I had her clip a $20 to the paperwork for his lunch for the day... did it help? Who knows.

I stopped by and saw the dash out so I know they just didn't charge it and claim to swap it.

I was very nervous when picking it up (I think I was more worried about the dash than I was about the A/C working again :lol:).

I know I haven't driven it enough to really test it out, but not only does the A/C work amazingly again, but I would never have known that dash was out if I didn't actually see it! I don't know what I was expecting to find wrong with it, but so far I'm very impressed with the service they provided. If my opinion changes as I drive it more, I'll let you know! :)

By the way... Kisselback Ford of Saint Cloud, FL... if anybody is interested.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
All who have been affected by this should do the same!

Where's the contact info so folks can file?
I used this.

https://www.epa.gov/enforcement/report-environmental-violations

good to hear. im seriously considering charger/challenger, since they offer the best lease deals on their scat packs/hellcats

Funny you should mention that! Last night I went and looked at Challenger and Charger scat packs since they're going for low to mid 30s! They're big cars, but their interiors are super nice. Very surprised. The Charger didn't actually look as big in person. I wouldn't mind 485hp. Even if they weigh 400+lbs, they put down low 12s stock in the 1/4 mile. Add sticky tires and you get high 11s. It's nuts.

Last edited:

chriswolf63

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GMC SLT Premium Plus 4x4
I fixed my Mustang problems- DL vib, AC, rattles, etc by buying a Challenger. Night and day difference in the quality feel of the car and honestly, I really, really wanted the new Mustang badly when it came out since I've had about 10 previous Mustangs. What a disappointment. This stuff is coming back to haunt them. Challenger outsold Mustang and Camaro for the first time ever last month.
I did too. I went straight to My GMC Dealer and bought a Brand New Sierra 1500 SLT Premium Plus 4x4. I got out before the resale went to crap on my car. Plus GMC was offering over $10,000 off the Truck. No more Ford products for me. I'm done! My next sports car will be a Grand Sport Corvette.
Ole_Red.jpg

Nathank

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium
My dad has a 2015 mustang, at 20k miles his evaporator core went out.

I have a 2016 mustang, at exactly 20k miles my evaporator core went out.

Even after warranty if it's a faulty product/part (which it is)Ford should be liable to replace the part.

Sponsored

offcamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT - Premium/PP
I fixed my Mustang problems- DL vib, AC, rattles, etc by buying a Challenger. Night and day difference in the quality feel of the car and honestly, I really, really wanted the new Mustang badly when it came out since I've had about 10 previous Mustangs. What a disappointment. This stuff is coming back to haunt them. Challenger outsold Mustang and Camaro for the first time ever last month.
I will NEVER buy a Dodge again.

I had a Dodge (2007 Nitro) that was a POS. $2,000 in out of warranty AC repairs that never fixed the problem. Fuel pump failures across the model line which forced owners to buy used pumps just to get back on the road. Auto starting on its own!

Who knows, every auto maker has it's issues and I wish you all the best with the Challenger.

Joby1knobi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Prem
It appears I can be added to the this list.

2015 GT is at the dealer for a third time with no refrigerant over the last 6 months. Dealer is giving me the run around about how its holding a charge and not leaking. Seems pretty clear to me this is the Evap issue as I had colder air on the passenger side and a whirling sound.

How do I convince them this is the issue? Is Ford telling dealers anything about this?

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06

2015 GT is at the dealer for a third time with no refrigerant over the last 6 months. Dealer is giving me the run around about how its holding a charge and not leaking. Seems pretty clear to me this is the Evap issue as I had colder air on the passenger side and a whirling sound.

How do I convince them this is the issue? Is Ford telling dealers anything about this?
I read somewhere that Ford is only paying for 6hrs of labor to the dealers for this issue when they cover it under warranty. This means that the dealer has to eat up about 10hrs of labor. That's why they're so reluctant to do the job.

Texstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EB Premium PP 6MT
Well, chalk up another victim of Ford's garbage supplier.

My Ecoboost was an early 2016 MY, built in August 2015. My car is daily-driven with ~26.5k miles on it. I'm in Houston, so I run my AC often. I noticed a film would build up on the windshield once in a while over the last several months, but I thought it was something to do with an OEM coating on the interior or the 303 I used on the dash somehow evaporating and possibly reacting with the high humidity, but after reading this thread, I think it matches everyone else's experience. Funny thing is I didn't notice a smell. Yesterday I first noticed it when I had the temp set to 72 and it was still hot as hell. I thought it had to do with sitting in traffic, but when I got up to speed it persisted. Sure enough, the passenger side blows slightly cooler than the driver side.
The AC failed just in time for my vacation to the Guadalupe River. It blew cold off and on, but I was able to endure the trip in some degree of comfort. I just got back in town and dropped the car off at the dealer after I made an appointment a few days ago. They were nice enough to put me in a rental.

When I get the car back, I'll let you guys know the specifics of what they found and if they do diagnose the issue as a failed evaporator core, I'll share the part number of the replacement.

chriswolf63

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GMC SLT Premium Plus 4x4

Have you contacted the Ford Customer Service that's listed in your owner's manual? I'd suggest trying that or maybe try another FOMOCO Dealer.

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
I will NEVER buy a Dodge again.

I had a Dodge (2007 Nitro) that was a POS. $2,000 in out of warranty AC repairs that never fixed the problem. Fuel pump failures across the model line which forced owners to buy used pumps just to get back on the road. Auto starting on its own!

Who knows, every auto maker has it's issues and I wish you all the best with the Challenger.
thats why u dont buy, you lease these days.

Joby1knobi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Prem
Have you contacted the Ford Customer Service that's listed in your owner's manual? I'd suggest trying that or maybe try another FOMOCO Dealer.
Depending on what I hear today, I'll be reaching out to Customer Service. Good idea.

They kept it overnight to see if it was still holding a charge today... but we've already been down this road twice.

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP

Sounds like the evap core to me too. If the dealership is fighting you on it to avoid installing a new core, maybe try another dealership.

I'm on my third evap core and my dealership hasn't given me any resistance to replacing them yet. This issue is already a big enough pain to also have to deal with a dealership not willing to address the issue.

Good luck.

Edit: Nice Les Paul, btw.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT

A whirring sound could be stuck blend door.