A/C Evaporator Factory Defect

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Got my car back Friday night. They had it 2 days. AC is working again. Something I noticed about my issue. Was that when this started happening my voltage dropped and would stay around high to mid 12 Volts. Now that I got the car back I am seeing 13.8 to 14.2 volts. I don't know if this is related at all. But just something I noticed.

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Got my car back Friday night. They had it 2 days. AC is working again. Something I noticed about my issue. Was that when this started happening my voltage dropped and would stay around high to mid 12 Volts. Now that I got the car back I am seeing 13.8 to 14.2 volts. I don't know if this is related at all. But just something I noticed.
Any other issues now that they had the dash out? That's what I'm afraid of. :doh:

I can check tomorrow to see if my voltage is affected, but I don't think so.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
That just means the battery is being charged to get topped off. When the battery is full the voltage drops.

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Any other issues now that they had the dash out? That's what I'm afraid of. :doh:

I can check tomorrow to see if my voltage is affected, but I don't think so.

Had 1 screw left over lol. But no issue's with loose or rattling parts.

Sponsored

Texstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EB Premium PP 6MT
Well, chalk up another victim of Ford's garbage supplier.

My Ecoboost was an early 2016 MY, built in August 2015. My car is daily-driven with ~26.5k miles on it. I'm in Houston, so I run my AC often. I noticed a film would build up on the windshield once in a while over the last several months, but I thought it was something to do with an OEM coating on the interior or the 303 I used on the dash somehow evaporating and possibly reacting with the high humidity, but after reading this thread, I think it matches everyone else's experience. Funny thing is I didn't notice a smell. Yesterday I first noticed it when I had the temp set to 72 and it was still hot as hell. I thought it had to do with sitting in traffic, but when I got up to speed it persisted. Sure enough, the passenger side blows slightly cooler than the driver side.

Time to call the dealer on Monday. Anyone in Houston have a recommendation on a dealer? I bought it from Joe Myers, but it's a bit far. I'm closer to the Galleria.

turbohvn

Turbohvn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT PP
Anybody had this issue in Northern Virginia yet? I am looking for a dealer that is experienced with this fix as my dealer has never heard of the issue. Don't want to be the first dash they pulled on a 6G Mustang!

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Anybody had this issue in Northern Virginia yet? I am looking for a dealer that is experienced with this fix as my dealer has never heard of the issue. Don't want to be the first dash they pulled on a 6G Mustang!
Whatever you do, avoid Ted Britt like the plague!

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
I'm in MD I went to Sheehy ford in Gaithersburg. they claimed no knowledge of any issue and to not trust what you read on the internet. They just recharged it filled it with UV dye.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I'm in MD I went to Sheehy ford in Gaithersburg. they claimed no knowledge of any issue and to not trust what you read on the internet. They just recharged it filled it with UV dye.
Yeah, OK. I really hate to disappoint you, but your A/C will be functioning for another month max...

Sponsored

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Ok so avoid them as well... Just know that breathing in r134 isn't great for you. Prolonged exposure can damage your brain. I still don't understand how dealers can just re-fill the ac without getting to the bottom of the issue. It's a closed system and it should never need a re-fill. PERIOD.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Seriously now, can someone investigate this issue and let us know if we have ground for a class action? The faulty A/C plague will most likely affect all S550 owners at some point. At least we are "lucky" to have this fixed under warranty. The only ones who will probably have no issue are those who live in colder climates and don't use the A/C that much.

I hate to see my car go through this "heart surgery" thing, as I am 100% convinced that my car will not be as good as it was before before removing the dash and that there will be rattles and noises... :tsk:

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Anyone has experience this issue yet?
I notice if I start the car by pressing on the clutch pedal and press start, the AC does not blow as cold as say if I turn on the ignition first then press on the clutch to start the engine.
It's like there is some kind of fluke.

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Yeah, OK. I really hate to disappoint you, but your A/C will be functioning for another month max...
I fully expect it to fail again. it has been maybe a month and a half so far. The white film on the wind shield is happening faster than ever.

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Anyone has experience this issue yet?
I notice if I start the car by pressing on the clutch pedal and press start, the AC does not blow as cold as say if I turn on the ignition first then press on the clutch to start the engine.
It's like there is some kind of fluke.
My guess is you are purging the hot air from the system by turning on the blower early
Sponsored