Sponsored

Do you ever hit the wrong button?

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
So I casually reach for the sunglasses holder and accidentally hit the trunk release button. Then have to get out and do the "walk of shame" to close it. :frusty:

I've also activated the wipers accidentally when moving my hand from the shifter to the steering wheel in a turn. :headbang:

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there something on your car you find yourself activating by accident?
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Not really. I've only hit the trunk button by accident once or twice.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
So I casually reach for the sunglasses holder and accidentally hit the trunk release button. Then have to get out and do the "walk of shame" to close it. :frusty:

I've also activated the wipers accidentally when moving my hand from the shifter to the steering wheel in a turn. :headbang:

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there something on your car you find yourself activating by accident?
I did the first one today but I needed the trunk open anyways thankfully :lol:

Normally I forget to close the sunglass holder as well :doh:

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I found myself (about 13 years ago), accidentally getting to 2nd gear on a shift from 3 to 4, while on 125 shot Nitrous.. Bye bye gearbox :frusty:

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Not really.

kert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Premium
Had a car with audio on the left of the steering wheel and cruise on the right and another company car that was the opposite. I woul go to adjust one and press the other. Either ended up with cruise set at 90 and sound all the way down or vice versa. Now it seems everything I drive has settled on cruise on the left.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium

Only happens when I'm being blinded by the sun....:cool:

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
I hit the voice activate button when I meant to hit the mute button then I end up having to say cancel

Sponsored

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Between the two vehicles I have; the radio controls, cruise control, and wiper switch are opposite. It is a real booger sometimes. Never use the inside trunk button and I have never hit it by accident either. I do get the climate control buttons and the audio control buttons mixed up from time to time if I am actively driving because I don't like to take my eyes off the road.

LBStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 V6 MT
Coming from a 2012, I keep reaching to the center console for the trunk button only to realize every time that it's not there anymore...muscle memory is too strong haha

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
You should hop back and forth between a 2013 Explorer, 2016 Focus ST1 and a 2015 Mustang GT. I got in the wife's Explorer the other day and pushed the ignition switch with my finger like a start button. Then I realized hers still used a key.

merc123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 PP Premium GT
I put it into 5th trying to go to reverse all the time. Windshield wiper thing also. Hit the "M" button instead of OK on the steering wheel. Keep hitting the "ON" button on cruise control to turn it off, forgetting you have to actually hit off. That was almost a dumb design. Should have just had a single button to turn on/off. It's an awkward angle for me to hit the off button with my thumb.

Come close to the trunk button thing but haven't done it yet. Brake pedal transition is probably the hardest. I keep "slamming" them on accident and when I get in the wife's car about hit people trying to ease onto the brake because hers don't grab until 1/2 way down.
Sponsored