Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
What's the deal on the "new" PP2 tune, is it out (not beta)?, if so how do I get it?
its out.. go take ur stuff.. and same thing you did last time.. shove it OBD port and magic begins

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
its out.. go take ur stuff.. and same thing you did last time.. shove it OBD port and magic begins
Yup... just redo the tune download with your PC plugged into the OBD and run the tune.

oldboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If you wish to retain the stock tune (to restore for vehicle resale or whatever) you should "open" the original pp2 calibration file and then select the "restore" option before you flash the upgraded pp2 calibration. The stock tune will be flashed from the Procal unit. Takes five minutes.

Then "open" the upgraded pp2 file and click "program". The first step in the Procal process is to copy the stock calibration on the Procal before loading the new one.

If you do not do the first step the stock calibration will be lost and the Procal will store the original pp2 calibration.

After I loaded the first pp2 calibration I got a P0315 error code. Got rid of it by opening diagnostics window with the engine running, clicked on the profile learning toggle and rev'd the engine above 3000 rpm twice. Gone. When I loaded the upgraded calibration I got the same error. Must be that some units are more prone to this. Easy fix.

Sponsored

15s550

My 1st Domestic V8!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT MT82 on 20's with 3.55's
My PP2 finally arrived after a 2.5 month wait! Got a local Ford dealership to do the install. My initial impression is very positive! Mid range power is definitely stronger! Going to get a dyno this weekend and see how much more power I made. :thumbsup:

MagneticGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
What did your dealership charge for the installation? Any issues with the engine cover? Did you get the new Ford tune?

My PP2 finally arrived after a 2.5 month wait! Got a local Ford dealership to do the install. My initial impression is very positive! Mid range power is definitely stronger! Going to get a dyno this weekend and see how much more power I made. :thumbsup:

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape & 2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
What did your dealership charge for the installation? Any issues with the engine cover? Did you get the new Ford tune?
I just had this done last week. The dealer charged me for 2 hours work = $219.90. But my sound tube was already removed. The engine cover does not totally snap on in the front but it's secure enough. It would need to be trimmed. I have no idea which tune they used but it's my understanding that the automatic tune didn't change.

NeuroticGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
Were PP3 firmware updates released as well?

The last few pages are all talking about PP2 getting the firmware updates.

Can anyone confirm if Ford Performance also updated the PP3 tune?

I'm in the exact opposite boat of most of you guys. I've had a PP3 sitting in my garage for 3 months with no Mustang to put it on. There was a problem at the plant and they ended up scrapping my build. My replacement is sitting at the plant shipping docks and hopefully it makes it to my dealer without a tornado hitting the transport trailer or some other wacky event that leaves me still pining for a 2017 Mustang GT.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
:thumbsup: Where did you order from?

Sponsored

mbeale68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, base, perf pack, recaros, 5spd, guard
The last few pages are all talking about PP2 getting the firmware updates.

Can anyone confirm if Ford Performance also updated the PP3 tune?

I'm in the exact opposite boat of most of you guys. I've had a PP3 sitting in my garage for 3 months with no Mustang to put it on. There was a problem at the plant and they ended up scrapping my build. My replacement is sitting at the plant shipping docks and hopefully it makes it to my dealer without a tornado hitting the transport trailer or some other wacky event that leaves me still pining for a 2017 Mustang GT.
I just tried downloading the PP3 tune again and its the same file as back in March when I first installed it.

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
For the guys who had it installed at the dealer, did you need to enter the info on the Ford Performance site, or did you just hand the box over and let the dealer take care of everything? I'll be bringing mine in soon (PP1).

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
For the guys who had it installed at the dealer, did you need to enter the info on the Ford Performance site, or did you just hand the box over and let the dealer take care of everything? I'll be bringing mine in soon (PP1).
so what i did was.. i purchased everything from dealer.. now the problem was the voucher was registered to dealer.
So what i did i contacted ford racing and they asked for my receipt and everything and they gave me a new voucher to register and now i can do shit on my own

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
so what i did was.. i purchased everything from dealer.. now the problem was the voucher was registered to dealer.
So what i did i contacted ford racing and they asked for my receipt and everything and they gave me a new voucher to register and now i can do shit on my own
Ah, I bought from Levittown since the only dealer who gave me a price here was 200 bucks more than Levittown. So I've got the box in my trunk, just need to book an appointment...

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
what kind of 1/4 mile times are the manual cars seeing for each of the power packs?
Sponsored