Sponsored

Best Centrifugal HP/TQ Numbers

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
How many of these crankshaft issues have there been? I've seen 1.
This myth just needs to die.... lol. :doh::frusty:

For starters, I have seen plenty of turbo cars break the cranks in the same spot.
So I would LOVE to hear the "bench engineers" explain that one. LOL.

And frankly, S550's just don't seem to have the issue much at all, like the 2011-14's did. So there is that.

If I was making big power on a 2015+, the LAST thing I would be worried about is that crank snout. LOL. That slight difference in spacing isn't really that big of a change in load. Not to mention its a spring loaded tensioner, so unless you are tensioning it incorrectly, there isn't much load at all.

:headbang::ford:
Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
True lol, Doctor was all about "bring that centri over so I can mop the streets with it."

Centri IATs is likely the main reason I went with Procharger being in south Florida. Go Procharger stage 2 D1x or paxton.
Man, I couldn't handle that heat and humidity you guys get down south and in Texas. It gets humid up here in Pa, but it can't be as bad as what you guys get. So for me, a PD stays running pretty cool, even without fans.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Man, I couldn't handle that heat and humidity you guys get down south and in Texas. It gets humid up here in Pa, but it can't be as bad as what you guys get. So for me, a PD stays running pretty cool, even without fans.
I was all for keeping it simple, a compressor and air to air heat exchanging. No IC pump to go bad or IC system to leak or setting up pusher fans to keep fluid cooler.

Heat index now is 99. Was 108 at the highest point 2 days ago.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Doesn't the Stage 1 Procharger NOT need a crank pulley? ie. it runs off the existing routing but with a longer belt??

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I was all for keeping it simple, a compressor and air to air heat exchanging. No IC pump to go bad or IC system to leak or setting up pusher fans to keep fluid cooler.

Heat index now is 99. Was 108 at the highest point 2 days ago.
I just learned something there. I thought all you southern guys had, or needed the extra fans no matter if running a centri or PD. Sounds like a pretty efficient system.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
This myth just needs to die.... lol. :doh::frusty:

For starters, I have seen plenty of turbo cars break the cranks in the same spot.
So I would LOVE to hear the "bench engineers" explain that one. LOL.

And frankly, S550's just don't seem to have the issue much at all, like the 2011-14's did. So there is that.

If I was making big power on a 2015+, the LAST thing I would be worried about is that crank snout. LOL. That slight difference in spacing isn't really that big of a change in load. Not to mention its a spring loaded tensioner, so unless you are tensioning it incorrectly, there isn't much load at all.

:headbang::ford:
Sorry I asked the question.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
I just learned something there. I thought all you southern guys had, or needed the extra fans no matter if running a centri or PD. Sounds like a pretty efficient system.
in texas, not running IC fans. IAT gets to 126 or 130 if sitting in traffic/drive through. as soon as you start moving it drops down to 110ish or lower.

on highway it stays steady at about 106-110 due to low amount of air moving through the system, the cooler is working but the sensor isnt really seeing a bunch of cool air.

better than my JLT though, ive seen IATs up to 190 with that in traffic last summer. nope. never again.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Doesn't the Stage 1 Procharger NOT need a crank pulley? ie. it runs off the existing routing but with a longer belt??
Yes..but it is a 6 rib belt. I think I am pushing the limits of it but still no issue yet with 3.6" pulley at 10 psi.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Non PP, I have the smaller radiator and stage 2 P1SC, reische 170 tstat. Head temp ranges between 205 and 212 and IATs range between 3-10 above ambient.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
To answer the question,stage 2 procharger on 93/octanium 726 hp 588 tq.My iat's only go 5to7 degrees over whatever the outside temps are and that's cruising or idling.

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Non PP, I have the smaller radiator and stage 2 P1SC, reische 170 tstat. Head temp ranges between 205 and 212 and IATs range between 3-10 above ambient.
I just installed the Reische 170 recently and so far my CHT's are 189-196. I'm waiting to see what they get to when we get into the 90's in a month or so. We had over 40 days of over 90 degree temps last summer which is a lot for us. It sucked. Sorry DOC, didn't mean to thread jack, just wanted to dig a little to get some heat info from the centri boys.

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I just installed the Reische 170 recently and so far my CHT's are 189-196. I'm waiting to see what they get to when we get into the 90's in a month or so. We had over 40 days of over 90 degree temps last summer which is a lot for us. It sucked. Sorry DOC, didn't mean to thread jack, just wanted to dig a little to get some heat info from the centri boys.
All thread jacking IS allowed. :hail: . We will be in mid 100s in a month. :eyebulge:

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
HO systems use the factory 6 rib, and factory tensioner.
STG2 systems use a 8 rib right in front of the 6 rib, and a spring loaded tensioner.

That extra inch really really has very little load difference.
And again, both are spring loaded and can only apply so much force.
(unless your a bottoming out the tensioner, on purpose... not advised)

If a person bottoms out a tensioner when the engine is cold.
Then as the engine heats up (and expands) you are realllllllllly stressing the crank. Because it's physically stretching the belt.

My theory is that's actually what causes most failures.
(that and RPM, in the case of turbo cars, since they have no external front load)

Sorry I asked the question.
No, I am sorry... I was having a moment. LOL.

Yes..but it is a 6 rib belt. I think I am pushing the limits of it but still no issue yet with 3.6" pulley at 10 psi.
Yesssssss :headbang:

To answer the question,stage 2 procharger on 93/octanium 726 hp 588 tq.My iat's only go 5to7 degrees over whatever the outside temps are and that's cruising or idling.
That is awesome! :) :cheers::ford:

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I live in PA and lived in The Woodlands (Houston) for years. I learned that it does in fact NOT get hot in PA ever..

WestCyril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 5.0
Just finished my vortech install. This week temps have been upper 80s low 90s AC on cruising my IAT are 5-10 above ambient/ CHT is 185-195. Sitting in traffic cylinder heads get to about 215 and IAT go about 15-20 over ambient. As soon as car moves both go back down ASAP.
Sponsored