Sponsored

Custom/Home-made EB Exhaust sound clips

Spoolin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost PP 6spd Manual
Ok so i bit the bullet and did a muffler delete today for the hell of it. So i decided why not make a video cause everyone wants to hear how any different exhaust sounds for the ecoboost. I like the exhaust at anything below 5k Im pretty being under load can solve that but I attached 3 videos to share and i plan on using my camera equipment to make a video with better audio. It seems almost all muffler deletes sound the same lol

Sponsored

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red EB, Manual, PP, Navi, 201a etc.
Didn't feel like making my own thread, so gonna revive this one and post here. lol

Custom made S bend from cat, into 18" Vibrant resonator, to Magnaflow Y pipe, to 2 vbands for easy take off, to stock GT pipe to keep mandrel bend, and then to 2 Magnaflow exhaust.

And for sound Clip
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]MSwzv0XFlVw[/MEDIA]"]Youtube Sound Clip. [/ame]

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
Nice, haven't listened through headphones yet but didn't sound bad through the phone ;) . This is very similar to what I'm looking at doing, except I think I'm going to use a magnaflow 1in/2out as my resonator. Does anyone see any problems with that?

mtoo22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple GT
I'm in DC as well, just had my mufflers done. Where did you go? Got mine done at HiFlow

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
Op, I don't know if you were talking about mine, but you described my exact setup I posted a while back. Had it done at exhaust shop for $250 if I recall right. Single in dual out magnaflow in place of resonator. Mufflers deleted. Much less expensive alternative to a brand name assembled CAT backs and makes the exhaust system, IMO sounds just as good if not better in some cases. Also, much less restrictive than the stock setup, providing performance gains. Magnaflow is straight through design, so from cat back I have pretty much wide open flow. Exhaust is as quiet as stock at idle and almost as quiet low rpm, but she screams when you open her up.

sounds amazing! thanks for sharing the video, center muffler it is for me! And thats why the gibson exhaust sounded better than most. Im sold!

Sponsored

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
So I have an appointment scheduled for next Tuesday with the exhaust shop. I am going to be having a "custom" cat back system installed. I am planning on having him replace the resonator with MF 12158 (or whatever the similar part he has in stock is) and then I am going to see how it sounds. Then ideally just go straight back from there to 4 inch polished tips. He will be reusing as much of the factory plumbing as possible. If I don't like the sound he is going to add two of the straight round mufflers as mufflers at the end. He suggested that everything be welded instead of using clamps to prevent leaks, including the new "resonator" to the factory down-pipe which I am a bit hesitant to do for fear of warranty issues or ease of removal later.

Does anyone have any thoughts/concerns regarding the welding to the factory downpipe, or anything with my plan of action for that matter?

The mechanic seems good and very friendly and offered me the opportunity to hang out and watch him without me even asking. He seems pretty open to doing a bit of experimenting during the install to get things exactly how I would like them. Plus I think he is a bit curious himself on exhaust variations. I decided to go down this path because I really liked the way the similar setup earlier in this thread sounds.

Also is there anything anyone wants to know before/while/after I get this done?

Any other quick/easy upgrades I might be able to get him to let me throw on while I have the car up in the air as I don't normally have access to a lift?
I haven't put a suspension on the car yet but I plan on that probably being the next big upgrade.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
So since I have the MBRP race sitting around, do you guys think it would help the drone if I got a magnaflow or other 1-in-2-out muffler put in place of the Y pipe? I'm considering giving it a try and seeing how it sounds.

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
So since I have the MBRP race sitting around, do you guys think it would help the drone if I got a magnaflow or other 1-in-2-out muffler put in place of the Y pipe? I'm considering giving it a try and seeing how it sounds.
Try adding a resonator, and if that doesn't work.. J pipe.

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
So I have an appointment scheduled for next Tuesday with the exhaust shop. I am going to be having a "custom" cat back system installed. I am planning on having him replace the resonator with MF 12158 (or whatever the similar part he has in stock is) and then I am going to see how it sounds. Then ideally just go straight back from there to 4 inch polished tips. He will be reusing as much of the factory plumbing as possible. If I don't like the sound he is going to add two of the straight round mufflers as mufflers at the end. He suggested that everything be welded instead of using clamps to prevent leaks, including the new "resonator" to the factory down-pipe which I am a bit hesitant to do for fear of warranty issues or ease of removal later.

Does anyone have any thoughts/concerns regarding the welding to the factory downpipe, or anything with my plan of action for that matter?

The mechanic seems good and very friendly and offered me the opportunity to hang out and watch him without me even asking. He seems pretty open to doing a bit of experimenting during the install to get things exactly how I would like them. Plus I think he is a bit curious himself on exhaust variations. I decided to go down this path because I really liked the way the similar setup earlier in this thread sounds.

Also is there anything anyone wants to know before/while/after I get this done?

Any other quick/easy upgrades I might be able to get him to let me throw on while I have the car up in the air as I don't normally have access to a lift?
I haven't put a suspension on the car yet but I plan on that probably being the next big upgrade.
I prefer to have a clamp to the factory down pipe. Makes it easier to remove if needed. Plus down the line, if you wanna change downpipe, it be easier too. Factory is clamped, so can't see a real issue if it's done right.

Sponsored

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
Here's a thought, love people's opinion. So I'm liking the 1 in 2 out for a resonator. My question is Gibson seemed to be the only ones using an x pipe over the y. I also noticed they had a better idle sound and tone, almost similar to an srt4 (almost, like getting there). The tone wasn't so flat/smooth but had a little pulse separation. Anyways could we attribute this to the way an X pipe would mix the exhaust and create that pulse? I'm really looking to find a way to get some more pulse like a v6. Understand it's a I4, and our head seems to create the smooth exhaust note. Just shooting anything out there. I want so much a speed3 rumble dammit! I'm thinking of doing a 3" 1-2 res to an x pipe that eventually hit a pair of 14" oval MF street mufflers as I'm uncatted and loud already.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Here's a thought, love people's opinion. So I'm liking the 1 in 2 out for a resonator. My question is Gibson seemed to be the only ones using an x pipe over the y. I also noticed they had a better idle sound and tone, almost similar to an srt4 (almost, like getting there). The tone wasn't so flat/smooth but had a little pulse separation. Anyways could we attribute this to the way an X pipe would mix the exhaust and create that pulse? I'm really looking to find a way to get some more pulse like a v6. Understand it's a I4, and our head seems to create the smooth exhaust note. Just shooting anything out there. I want so much a speed3 rumble dammit! I'm thinking of doing a 3" 1-2 res to an x pipe that eventually hit a pair of 14" oval MF street mufflers as I'm uncatted and loud already.
Yeah, I miss this sound a lot. It was so deep behind the car I had to record from the side or it peaked the camera mic out.

[ame]

Last edited:

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I miss this sound a lot. It was so deep behind the car I had to record from the side or it peaked the camera mic out.

This is the second time you've referred to your speed3. And the second time I wish our cars sounded like em. Why head designers? WHY?!

Side note, Games and Gears on YouTube put in a 1in/2out muffler before the split and got a deeper rumble and tone. My Mbrp is plenty loud and the diameter/muffler have it deep. I just found a muffler that's 3" in and 2-3" out I think I'm gonna install right after my catless dp. Should throw drone in the trash and possibly get deeper.

https://www.amazon.com/Magnaflow-12298-MagnaFlow-Exhaust-Muffler/dp/B000COVATE

That's the guy. I'll do before and after with cold start/idle/rev/drive by. In cabs are always pointless

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
This is the second time you've referred to your speed3. And the second time I wish our cars sounded like em. Why head designers? WHY?!

Side note, Games and Gears on YouTube put in a 1in/2out muffler before the split and got a deeper rumble and tone. My Mbrp is plenty loud and the diameter/muffler have it deep. I just found a muffler that's 3" in and 2-3" out I think I'm gonna install right after my catless dp. Should throw drone in the trash and possibly get deeper.

https://www.amazon.com/Magnaflow-12298-MagnaFlow-Exhaust-Muffler/dp/B000COVATE

That's the guy. I'll do before and after with cold start/idle/rev/drive by. In cabs are always pointless

Yeah I'm very interested in how this turns out. I've been eyeballing my MBRP which has been off the car since last October and considering an muffler like this in the middle.

And to be fair I miss these sounds too, the days when I could get a full custom true dual system welded up for $150 and have full stainless long tubes for less than the cost of the ridiculously priced axle-backs for the S550:

[ame]

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I'm very interested in how this turns out. I've been eyeballing my MBRP which has been off the car since last October and considering an muffler like this in the middle.

And to be fair I miss these sounds too, the days when I could get a full custom true dual system welded up for $150 and have full stainless long tubes for less than the cost of the ridiculously priced axle-backs for the S550:

Can't load the file but I can picture it well. Had a 99gt in the family tricked out good, nice x pipe and magnaflows. Can never forget a sound like that... Or beating a Gallardo by 3 car lengths. What a great sound the gt's have :cheers:
Sponsored