slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Red is the fastest ;)! :thumbsup:
....and they don't spin off into the undergrowth when it gets slippy. (searches for 'fingers crossed emoji).

Note to self: stop agreeing with Manders; stop agreeing with Manders; stop agreeing with Manders; stop agreeing with Manders; stop agreeing with Manders; stop agreeing with Manders; stop agreeing with Manders; stop agreeing with Manders;:frusty:
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
....and they don't spin off into the undergrowth when it gets slippy. (searches for 'fingers crossed emoji).

Note to self: stop agreeing with Manders; stop agreeing with Manders; stop agreeing with Manders; stop agreeing with Manders; stop agreeing with Manders; stop agreeing with Manders; stop agreeing with Manders; stop agreeing with Manders;:frusty:

I am one with the force and the force is with me; I am one with the force and the force is with me; I am one with the force and the force is with me;
I am one with the force and the force is with me; I am one with the force and the force is with me; I am one with the force and the force is with me;

:D

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

:D
I am one with Manders.... :thumbsup:

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
The aim is to shoot for an S650 as my 'second' mustang
That's exactly my thoughts (if I decide to continue down the long term Mustang ownership route)...

And that's always gonna be the problem with running out to swap the S550.1 for the S550.2, as (quite probably) no sooner will you have picked it up from the dealer, info will be starting to trickle through on the 'upcoming' S650 and it'll be the same all over again!

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gotta say this latest photo as a vert, what a looker!

cq5dam.web.1024.768.jpg

The hood in this image also seems to have a much larger bulge, its either the colour or some early press shots were poor angles or just well different.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Gotta say this latest photo as a vert, what a looker!

cq5dam.web.1024.768.jpg

The hood in this image also seems to have a much larger bulge, its either the colour or some early press shots were poor angles or just well different.
Beauty!

Almost looks like a completely different car to the images that were leaked. Shame some better photos were not leaked :lol: seen so many comments stating a total failure by Ford. Willing to bet about 90% of those people have changed their minds!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beauty!

Almost looks like a completely different car to the images that were leaked. Shame some better photos were not leaked :lol: seen so many comments stating a total failure by Ford. Willing to bet about 90% of those people have changed their minds!

Look at the new POLL in USA section, first poll was like 75% keep and 25% change, now it is like 75% changing and 25% keeping haha.

Oh how things change.

Also adding a splitter and some vinyl splash guards to the front area really spices up the front-end too. :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I still think the hood is disgusting, I was wrong about the front until someone on FB mentioned the bonnet, began imagining it with a different hood and realised that, that is simply the only thing wrong, lots of lines going near to far, and then vents going horizontal rather than vertical?! Urgh lol!

Ah well, modding is in our blood now!

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Does look better but be good to see a view front on.

One thing I do love about the refresh is the exhaust noise, anyone know what exhaust set-up on current version would match the noise of the refresh - noting that it wouldn't be an active exhaust?

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does look better but be good to see a view front on.

One thing I do love about the refresh is the exhaust noise, anyone know what exhaust set-up on current version would match the noise of the refresh - noting that it wouldn't be an active exhaust?

The refresh seems to have same exhaust setup as GT 350, though a touch tamer as it does not have the fancy crank.

Now guys in the USA say the Corsa Extreme is the closest sounding exhaust on the GT to the GT 350R, though a touch louder, yes the Extreme is very loud.

On the new GT active exhaust I forsee owners will do the same as GT 350 owners and replace the centre resonator to get the epic noise/volume the R version has. I am already planning future modifications, oh dear. :D

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Yes, heard the Corsa Extreme and didn't like it, just loud noise. The exhaust note on the refresh sounds much raspier.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, heard the Corsa Extreme and didn't like it, just loud noise. The exhaust note on the refresh sounds much raspier.

Hold on you like the refresh because it sounds raspier but you dislike the Xtreme because its loud noise? The Extreme is hugely raspy and loud, not to my taste hence I went sport for deeper tone and just a touch of rasp.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A great video summing up the changes:

[ame]

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
American racing headers complete exhaust end to end absolutely badass!
Sponsored