The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I dunno, that steering wheel looks weird - slippy where you want it to be grippy and I'm not sure I'd like half my hand on one texture and half on the other. However, if it floats your boat who am I to demur.
Hold it on the leather, ;)!
Sponsored

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
I dunno, that steering wheel looks weird - slippy where you want it to be grippy and I'm not sure I'd like half my hand on one texture and half on the other. However, if it floats your boat who am I to demur.
Tend to agree with this [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION], you will feel a big difference with a GT350R wheel. I had similar on my Nismo, superp feel.

Love the rest of your dippingness ;)

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
Tend to agree with this [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION], you will feel a big difference with a GT350R wheel. I had similar on my Nismo, superp feel.

Love the rest of your dippingness ;)
Getting my spare steering wheel re trimmed by Royal Steering Wheels at the moment- will post picture when I get it back. Went for GT350R style but with perforated leather instead of alcantara. Then have to fit it. Watched Bill from CJ Pony Parts video & looks simple enough so should be back on the road in no time!

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Getting my spare steering wheel re trimmed by Royal Steering Wheels at the moment- will post picture when I get it back. Went for GT350R style but with perforated leather instead of alcantara. Then have to fit it. Watched Bill from CJ Pony Parts video & looks simple enough so should be back on the road in no time!
Look forward to seeing it. I STILL havent sent my wheel to jack lol it's been sat in a box for months waiting to be retrimmed.

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Mind you I am looking at buying this:
Black-Perforated-Leather-Carbon-Fiber-Steering-Wheel.jpg
Was this not the wheel that someone offered to supply on here a while back - no definite prices but somewhere north of ÂŁ600? One of the US guys posted at the time that you could get these elsewhere cheaper.
Looks good at least. For $100/300 usd it could well be worth a punt :thumbsup:

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Look forward to seeing it. I STILL havent sent my wheel to jack lol it's been sat in a box for months waiting to be retrimmed.
When you do, can you enquire if it's possible to reduce the width of the horizontal spokes by raising the lower edge? Even a couple of mm would help. :thumbsup:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Oh god, lots for me to reply to here:
@Lone Survivor should be fine as long as it's on the leather, generally don't drive with my hands up there/down there, think the leather of the actual wheel is longer.
Issue with the alcantara 350R wheel is that I will almost definitely need to retrim my kick pads to alcantara as a minimum to blend it in (No other alcantara and I'm OCD as fk with materials in the interior). So that'd be another project for me.
I need to speak with @activeuk about his 350R wheel/button and when I meet him probably take them off him as it's always been in the back of my mind, but the 'alcantara' has always been the issue.

@Greg C let me know how it looks/how you get on, would love to see this as I'd probably do the same with a 'red' marker on top.

@HoosierDaddy ah well, they were made for steaks anyways :/

@Nookie it's extra comfortable, has some lovely padding inside of it... and it's perfect for car interiors, you filthy b*stard :lol:

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
OCD taking over

When it's rainy and grim and I am waiting for new MPSS and a few other bits and bobs, I let the OCD take over again. I must stop this it's no good for you.

THere is a car there somewhere.......

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Today I had it detailed and treated with gtechniq crystal serum light +exo.
Overall I'm very happy with the way it came up. The coatings certainly give it the lustre it was lacking at collection. Hopefully it will last well once I get some ph neutral cleaning products. The detailer warned me off my autobtite snow foam as it's highly alkaline, so I will need to constrain that to my wife's Volvo now.
The backs of the rear wheels were covered in underseal overspray and there was one small spot of dust in the paint on the bonnet. No sign of any touch ups, scratches or damage luckily. Next stop will be some proper underseal before starting the more obvious mods.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
When it's rainy and grim and I am waiting for new MPSS and a few other bits and bobs, I let the OCD take over again. I must stop this it's no good for you.

THere is a car there somewhere.......
My word, that's a deep shine :eek:

Overall I'm very happy with the way it came up. The coatings certainly give it the lustre it was lacking at collection. Hopefully it will last well once I get some ph neutral cleaning products. The detailer warned me off my autobtite snow foam as it's highly alkaline, so I will need to constrain that to my wife's Volvo now.
The backs of the rear wheels were covered in underseal overspray and there was one small spot of dust in the paint on the bonnet. No sign of any touch ups, scratches or damage luckily. Next stop will be some proper underseal before starting the more obvious mods.
I've been using Gtechniq's own Citrus Foam which does a good job. Just got an Autobrite lance which came with some snow foam but was wary of using it for the reason you state.

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Get yourself some G Wash, incredimitt, 2 buckets, grits guards, couple of microfibre drying towels and that's it job done.
Sponsored