The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Slight 'late' resurection of the thread...

Just picked up my Carbon Fiber (dipped) window controls. Was very meticulous with my dippers and made sure they dipped them at the same angle as everything else (45* left to right weave pattern) so it all matches up. They look insane to be honest. Think everything in my interior that's removable is either Carbon, or has been leather wrapped.

Speaking of leather wrapping, I can do probably 3/4 Peoples kick pads in leather if they want to send me them as i've got loads of leather left that i'll never use.

Pictures of the carbon window controls:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Nice looks expensive
all £40 of expensive lol :lol: .

Interiors cost me:
£250 for carbon dipping
£15 interior leather piping
£14 for Leather to wrap kick pads in
Cheap as chips :lol:

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Looks the business :thumbsup:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Looks the business :thumbsup:
Just shit you can't photograph them as well as they look in person because of how rubbish the lighting is... [MENTION=8211]stevec[/MENTION] can vouch for their 'In person' looks :lol::thumbsup:

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
Looking very good- ha d to tell its jus dipped. The carbon effect looks better than the carbon dipped engine cover I had done locally. How about now doing the plastic where the interior door handle/door locks are located? Also have you done the centre console? If difficult to remove, there are carbon bits on Ali Express to do both in real carbon or red- can't vouch for the quality. If rubbish, you could get them dipped to match the rest!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Looking very good- ha d to tell its jus dipped. The carbon effect looks better than the carbon dipped engine cover I had done locally. How about now doing the plastic where the interior door handle/door locks are located? Also have you done the centre console? If difficult to remove, there are carbon bits on Ali Express to do both in real carbon or red- can't vouch for the quality. If rubbish, you could get them dipped to match the rest!
Heya matey, my entire interior is dipped carbon (Dash, centre tunnel). There's a difference made depending on what's used with dipping. I bought the most expensive option from my guys and it still turned out hella cheap.

What they do is:
2k etch primer to level it
Undercoat, dip within 8 hours of painting the undercoat (I went with graphite to get a dark carbon look).
Wash off the transfer film
Use a thick gloss (can't remember what it was called, but i googled it and the shit was pricey!).
Couple of layers
Buff/gloss etc.

Gives the carbon the efect that it's set in resin, which is what the proper stuff looks like.

I'd been looking on Aliexpress at that stuff before, some of them are stickers which look like shite, rather get it done 'properly' lol.

as for dipping the bits by the door handles, that requires removing the door card, which i really cant be arsed to do, and Not sure if they'll pop out (they look like they have to come out from the back)

Mind you I am looking at buying this:
Black-Perforated-Leather-Carbon-Fiber-Steering-Wheel.jpg

Combat Wally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Guard w/ OTT Racing Stripes
Nothing spectacular, but traded in my Pirelli P-Zeros for a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 3+. Nice. And. Grippy!

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing spectacular, but traded in my Pirelli P-Zeros for a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 3+. Nice. And. Grippy!
That's almost in the realm of a miracle, which is better than spectacular!

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
Heya matey, my entire interior is dipped carbon (Dash, centre tunnel). There's a difference made depending on what's used with dipping. I bought the most expensive option from my guys and it still turned out hella cheap.

What they do is:
2k etch primer to level it
Undercoat, dip within 8 hours of painting the undercoat (I went with graphite to get a dark carbon look).
Wash off the transfer film
Use a thick gloss (can't remember what it was called, but i googled it and the shit was pricey!).
Couple of layers
Buff/gloss etc.

Gives the carbon the efect that it's set in resin, which is what the proper stuff looks like.

I'd been looking on Aliexpress at that stuff before, some of them are stickers which look like shite, rather get it done 'properly' lol.

as for dipping the bits by the door handles, that requires removing the door card, which i really cant be arsed to do, and Not sure if they'll pop out (they look like they have to come out from the back)

Mind you I am looking at buying this:
Black-Perforated-Leather-Carbon-Fiber-Steering-Wheel.jpg
Very nice steering wheel- will go nicely with everything else that you have done :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Ian Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Indoor cover on order , will be nice and snug now,till the weather improves. :)

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
I dunno, that steering wheel looks weird - slippy where you want it to be grippy and I'm not sure I'd like half my hand on one texture and half on the other. However, if it floats your boat who am I to demur.
Sponsored