m.a.s.e

Ninja
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maserecordingstudio.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
I have a navigation 2016 Mustang. I downloaded the file from page 1, but when I plugged the USB into the car, I got an error message saying there is not enough room to do the install. Is there more to this upgrade process than extracting and plugging in the downloaded files?
sounds like u downloaded the NAV version where u dont have NAV in ur car, is that the case?
Sponsored

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
I have a navigation 2016 Mustang. I downloaded the file from page 1, but when I plugged the USB into the car, I got an error message saying there is not enough room to do the install. Is there more to this upgrade process than extracting and plugging in the downloaded files?
Curious, what size USB drive did you use?

Sponsored

Thunderbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I think I may have figured it out... I didn't extract the files before putting them on the USB. Trying it again the right way now!

m.a.s.e

Ninja
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
16 GB. The files all fit on the drive. The error message came when on the sync screen when I plugged it in to the center console.
How did u format ur flash drive? I updated with same files in center console, no issues. Try maybe a different drive....

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
use FAT32

Thunderbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Tried again, failed again... Here's the files on the drive, and the error message in the car...
IMG_7987.jpg
IMG_7988.jpg

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
Tried again, failed again... Here's the files on the drive, and the error message in the car...
that seems like too many files; my non navi had 1 folder and 1 file on the root of my usb drive

SyncMyRide folder
autoinstall.lst

Sponsored

m.a.s.e

Ninja
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
You do not extract the subfolders inside the sync my ride folder. U need to end up with 1 auto install file, 1 sync my ride folder and in it all the tar.gz files

Thunderbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
You do not extract the subfolders inside the sync my ride folder. U need to end up with 1 auto install file, 1 sync my ride folder and in it all the tar.gz files
OK, that might have been the problem. I downloaded from the Ford link on page one, and this was the way the files were formatted. I put them all in a syncmyride folder, and it seems to be working now. It's updating as I type...

m.a.s.e

Ninja
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
OK, that might have been the problem. I downloaded from the Ford link on page one, and this was the way the files were formatted. I put them all in a syncmyride folder, and it seems to be working now. It's updating as I type...
awesome, enjoy.

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
yea what i said