Sponsored

The Tri bar LED / Sequential Indicator Sticky thread!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I'm speechless about the fact that nowadays, after 1,5 years of Mustang EU\UK\AU presence, there is still only ONE guy in the world with a complete ready-made solution for front\rear lights.
Speechless!!
Well from speaking to numerous suppliers, there's people already with rear sequentials, and fronts, fronts being the easiest to do out of the two apparently, but rears are a b1tch (acutally need to cut them), and some places are just not comfortable offering them or selling them at the price they'd come at (c1.5k for rears), my guys are hoping to have the rears down to around £500.

Fronts you heat and slowly split - took my guys 8 hours to do it, every 2 hours slowly prying it apart. I wouldn't have wanted to do it myself.

Think the other issues with the lights is finding light strips/boards for the rear lights that fit, and bright enough, and have the longevity for lights that'll be almost always on. and wont flicker over time.

Blah blah, lots of issues with the rears - mostly the opening of the lights.... to put new boards in. :headbonk:

Happy with my fronts though, loveeee them :p
Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Yeah someone trying to offer front splitting service, all using DD boards that are (probably) ok now after several revisions..
That guy did the boards himself, both front and rear, way before DD released a semi-working board.
Since he is not Ford or any sort of genius (or maybe yes..) I would expect to see many small companies releasing at least aftermarket boards.
IIRC I paid 1000 eur for both front and rear with shipping to\from.

All this hassle could be avoided if Ford had only disabled seqentials and front tribars for export markets!! We would have found a simple way to re-enable them in a heartbeat :D :rant:

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Well from speaking to numerous suppliers, there's people already with rear sequentials, and fronts, fronts being the easiest to do out of the two apparently, but rears are a b1tch (acutally need to cut them), and some places are just not comfortable offering them or selling them at the price they'd come at (c1.5k for rears), my guys are hoping to have the rears down to around £500.

Fronts you heat and slowly split - took my guys 8 hours to do it, every 2 hours slowly prying it apart. I wouldn't have wanted to do it myself.

Think the other issues with the lights is finding light strips/boards for the rear lights that fit, and bright enough, and have the longevity for lights that'll be almost always on. and wont flicker over time.

Blah blah, lots of issues with the rears - mostly the opening of the lights.... to put new boards in. :headbonk:

Happy with my fronts though, loveeee them :p
Its funny, i am coming at this from the opposite angle
I have a Duel light system on the rears, can switch from US Red sequential to UK yellow one amber from a switch near the light switch. But even for me I had to have 15 relays fitted. And as far as I know am the only lefty which had this done. And my importer did not want to do it. as even for me it was a very big job.
But have friends with S197s who run the reds and have never had any issues, so I wanted them badly. As they look so dam good.

Pedestrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Last time I was down Modurstang they were working on the front ones. Not heard from them in a while though so no clue where they're up to!

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Its funny, i am coming at this from the opposite angle
I have a Duel light system on the rears, can switch from US Red sequential to UK yellow one amber from a switch near the light switch. But even for me I had to have 15 relays fitted. And as far as I know am the only lefty which had this done. And my importer did not want to do it. as even for me it was a very big job.
But have friends with S197s who run the reds and have never had any issues, so I wanted them badly. As they look so dam good.
Wow, never heard about this system! I can understand, with 15 relays, they don't won't to do this anymore :D
My mod too has the ability to be switched back to standard EU single amber and no seq.

Sponsored

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
After all this time here on the forum complaining about how weird our lights are without the sequential fonction, I can't understand why noone of the sponsors didn't had a look into this. For example DD, they provide a tons of LED boards for every possible car in the World, sounds easy for them to take a light, open it, look at the boards, and make a set for the EU market with sequential light ... ! :tsk:

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Wow, never heard about this system! I can understand, with 15 relays, they don't won't to do this anymore :D
My mod too has the ability to be switched back to standard EU single amber and no seq.
He done it as a favour to me, as I nagged him so much, over the 4 months I was waiting for the car.
What made it worse was to pass the IVA had to have the Yanks disconnected and only the yellows working. So once it passed they than put in the relays and got the Reds working, like a full US car with even the 3 Reds on the brake lights and on the alam
Done a brilliant job, but don't think they want to do them again :lol:

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Hi All.
Happy New Year, i dont know if you are aware, but there is a company in Australia which is now selling rear tail-light sequencers for the EU/AUS/UK models via Ebay.

the cost is £120.00 +20 delivery. should be getting them next Monday. they are the best i can find at the moment, they have a link thats shows the difference between themselves and CJ Pony parts. Plug n Play ideal.
check it out.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262658026109
I saw these on a car in China. Just looked weird (although on that one I think everything came on when he hit the brakes - including the amber!)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I saw these on a car in China. Just looked weird (although on that one I think everything came on when he hit the brakes - including the amber!)
I think this does that as well... from what I remember, the ozzie ones did it.

@Golden gopner fair play, but yours already had sequentials in, we've got to put sequentials in, put ornage switchbacks in all lights, and red switchbacks in all, and then split the lights open, royal PITA. Guess yours will pass as it is an import, ours are not, so it's slightly different (which is stupid imo, but hey-ho), most imports I've seen for the s550 have an orange light in them or a switchback, was on midge's car (Can't remember his forum name though - owns the orange V6 with black spears)
[MENTION=22689]Pedestrian[/MENTION] correct they're making their own front DRL boards, not sure how much they'll be, but most the hassle is splitting the lights and bumper on/off, the wiring is easy enough (from looking at the instructions)
[MENTION=14834]John577[/MENTION] I spoke to diode dynamics, they said it's too hard, and it is, to do the rear sequential, also a lack of RHD S550's in the states to test on. There's something they claimed about frequency etc, however, I think it's more no car to test on - the wiring should be simple enough to wire into, then splitting the lights. I still see no reason why some company hasn't got a plug and play option, which should be easily doable if they have a pair of S550 lights ready and can just prep them and sell them in exchange for the previous owners lights. :frusty:. Splitting them without ruining the lights is like bomb diffusal apparently.

My thinking is the following is done by anyone looking at doing this (for a business):
BUY UK S550 tail lights
Install switchback LED rods/boards/lines with amber and Red on all.
Split/cut the lights open
install lights
install sequencer
install a switch to switchback to 'stock'
Swap out for 'customers' lights, bobs ur uncle :thumbsup:

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Can always tell when it's [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION] lunch time ;)

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=14834]John577[/MENTION] I spoke to diode dynamics, they said it's too hard, and it is, to do the rear sequential, also a lack of RHD S550's in the states to test on. There's something they claimed about frequency etc, however, I think it's more no car to test on - the wiring should be simple enough to wire into, then splitting the lights. I still see no reason why some company hasn't got a plug and play option, which should be easily doable if they have a pair of S550 lights ready and can just prep them and sell them in exchange for the previous owners lights. :frusty:. Splitting them without ruining the lights is like bomb diffusal apparently.

My thinking is the following is done by anyone looking at doing this (for a business):
BUY UK S550 tail lights
Install switchback LED rods/boards/lines with amber and Red on all.
Split/cut the lights open
install lights
install sequencer
install a switch to switchback to 'stock'
Swap out for 'customers' lights, bobs ur uncle :thumbsup:
C'mon ! That's a lot of non-sense. If they are able to make boards for the front lights they can do it also for the rear lights. Boards are working the same as the front, just a driver upgrade is required IMO for the rear.

We all know the hardest point is to open the lights, the same bad thing as the front. Installation of LED boards is the easiest thing. For the wiring, nothing bad at all.

Swapping the lights is now offered by the unnamed, that's what I'll do in the coming weeks for my rear lights :ninja:

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
C'mon ! That's a lot of non-sense. If they are able to make boards for the front lights they can do it also for the rear lights. Boards are working the same as the front, just a driver upgrade is required IMO for the rear.

We all know the hardest point is to open the lights, the same bad thing as the front. Installation of LED boards is the easiest thing. For the wiring, nothing bad at all.

Swapping the lights is now offered by the unnamed, that's what I'll do in the coming weeks for my rear lights :ninja:
Was speaking to Scott and Brett about this at CE and they were saying its a massive job, and someone i know who actually works for Ford, was told you are looking at 2k easy

Yes Steve a lot easier for me as you say, I had the lights already they were just disconnected. I think the reason Ford took them away from the RHD rather than just disconnecting them was to save money

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Was speaking to Scott and Brett about this at CE and they were saying its a massive job, and someone i know who actually works for Ford, was told you are looking at 2k easy

Yes Steve a lot easier for me as you say, I had the lights already they were just disconnected. I think the reason Ford took them away from the RHD rather than just disconnecting them was to save money
For the fronts, yeah, rears, legality purposes, easier to get through approvals with 1 car that fits entire of eur than 50 odd variants, quicker for production etc etc etc.

2k with fords pricing structure is cheap lol - I've been quotted in the £500 from my guys to do the rears which is acceptable, waiting on finalisation before I go down and get them done.
[MENTION=14834]John577[/MENTION] don't I just know it lol. If by Unanmed you mean the polish chap, then didn't his lights have loads of issues with defects etc? Seem to remember a few complaints about them.

Ah well, looks like sooner or later, we'll have the lights done, finished and whatever business offers the best product/price will have a yacht :lol:

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=14834]John577[/MENTION] don't I just know it lol. If by Unanmed you mean the polish chap, then didn't his lights have loads of issues with defects etc? Seem to remember a few complaints about them.

Ah well, looks like sooner or later, we'll have the lights done, finished and whatever business offers the best product/price will have a yacht :lol:
Yup I mean the polish chap. I know a few guys around here with his modified lights without any issue :thumbsup:

I also heard complaints and also heard good things. I had the front lights done from him without an issue. So I'll give him my money to make the rears, if I have to complain, then send him the lights back under warranty :D
Sponsored