Sponsored

The Tri bar LED / Sequential Indicator Sticky thread!

THISELDO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Eco-Boost Tri Yellow FastBack
That's the ugly system with the weird sequencer (2x red and 1x amber).. seems so illegal (did I mention ugly?)

illegal maybe but not ugly, its the best out there so far. i have been looking for something similar like our guys in the US and there isnt any unless you buy the rear units itself.
i am in the US in the next 2 weeks and will going looking for the real deal :)

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
illegal maybe but not ugly, its the best out there so far. i have been looking for something similar like our guys in the US and there isnt any unless you buy the rear units itself.
i am in the US in the next 2 weeks and will going looking for the real deal :)
Well, everyone has its liking, but in my opinion it's a sort of franken-light between US and EU :) If your turning lights flashes in amber seems regular, if flashes in red seems strange (in EU) and cool, but if it flashes in red AND amber it seems... weird?

Sponsored

THISELDO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Eco-Boost Tri Yellow FastBack
This is how it should look like at the rear !! :headbang: :headbang:

ok i have already purchased the ones from AUS, so i will get a close -up video of mine and post it here for you to comment.
thanks for you comments on this topic. cheers:amen:

DennisNL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2.3 Ecoboost - Fastback - Custom Pack - Magnetic
I have this set. I like it... somewhat.

The amber light at the end of the sequence is not that bad. But the brakelights are too bright.

I think it should be possible to change the wiring so not the brakelights, but the normal red lights fire up?

I presume the brakelights have a seperate wire in the connector and the normal light have this too. So switching wires could be an option.
Then replace the amber bulb to a red ons and 3 red lights light up. I think it can be done in an not too difficult way.

Too bad I am too busy now to open up the connector and test this all. :D

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
I have this set. I like it... somewhat.

The amber light at the end of the sequence is not that bad. But the brakelights are too bright.

I think it should be possible to change the wiring so not the brakelights, but the normal red lights fire up?

I presume the brakelights have a seperate wire in the connector and the normal light have this too. So switching wires could be an option.
Then replace the amber bulb to a red ons and 3 red lights light up. I think it can be done in an not too difficult way.

Too bad I am too busy now to open up the connector and test this all. :D
Sadly it's not a 'bulb' in the rear lights but a complete LED panel. So not easy to remove the Amber to add a Red one ... :(

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Indicators have to be 'amber/orange' in the UK. The only way to get a proper sequential in the UK is to replace all the bulbs with switchback bulbs, or light strips, blokes I got my fronts done with have created the rears, but are perfecting them at the minute, basically opening the rear lights, dropping switchback lightbars into the reflectors (where the current lights are) sealing them all up and running a sequential switchback device that'll control it to act with brakes/indicator etc.

Think for Europe you'd be able to rewire them all to red, but, I'd wait for someone 'more knwoledgeable' on this before effing with Wires, if you can make them all tick like the US version in red, then you're laughing and have a nice 'cheaper way' us brits, get shafted as always lol

@John577 would it be possible to just remove the wiring that 'tells' the board when to go amber, and instead tell it to go red for indicating (NO IDEA how hard that'd be, or if it's possible).
[MENTION=21182]THISELDO[/MENTION] see above for info on the sequential insert. It'll change it for us to go Red/red/amber when turning, which looks a bit weird to me, and not sure how legal, or illegal that'd be. But a modded version of that box is needed by the guys that're doing mine. I've just had the fronts done by them which was a bit simpler (Open lights, put in premade boards) but for this, to be at least legal and not a glaring slap in the face to police officers you'll need 3 ambers (Even then it requires a switchback wired into it, to swap back to previous mode...). Essentially having 'show lights' and an 'excuse' to pass an MOT/Tell a police officer you're 'sorry' lol.

Speak to Fortis Auto Design and they'll book you in/inform you when the rears are ready, I've been given a timeline of the next 2 months for them to be ready

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
[MENTION=14834]John577[/MENTION] would it be possible to just remove the wiring that 'tells' the board when to go amber, and instead tell it to go red for indicating (NO IDEA how hard that'd be, or if it's possible).
I think it's possible to rewire it but we still have the problem with the LEDs :
Parking mode : 3 x RED LEDs
Brakes : 2 x RED LEDs
Turn : 1 x Amber LEDs

You can't connect the Aussie connector to the parking lights for the sequential or you'll have 3 x Parking LEDs + 1 x Amber turn (the last bar will light up 2 times in RED + Amber). And I think you will have other problems when you brake...

The easiest way would be to open the light and replace the amber LED panel for a RED one to have everything the same color.
But once opened, why not add 2 more amber bars for sequential ? :D

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I think it's possible to rewire it but we still have the problem with the LEDs :
Parking mode : 3 x RED LEDs
Brakes : 2 x RED LEDs
Turn : 1 x Amber LEDs

You can't connect the Aussie connector to the parking lights for the sequential or you'll have 3 x Parking LEDs + 1 x Amber turn (the last bar will light up 2 times in RED + Amber). And I think you will have other problems when you brake...

The easiest way would be to open the light and replace the amber LED panel for a RED one to have everything the same color.
But once opened, why not add 2 more amber bars for sequential ? :D
Knew you'd know! And yeah, opening those lights is not an easy feat at all, they're a royal B1TCH to open, they're not as easy as the fronts, especially to get to the hubs and put new boards in. Amber switchbacks will be whats on mine, and hopefully super bright ;)!

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I'm speechless about the fact that nowadays, after 1,5 years of Mustang EU\UK\AU presence, there is still only ONE guy in the world with a complete ready-made solution for front\rear lights.
Speechless!!
Sponsored