Sponsored

ZL1 will beat everything....wait....

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Stock from the factory yes. Otherwise if you can purchase a mustang gtpp for 30 grand and put 10 to 11 grand into it, then it still is the mustang gt. I m not even talking about supercharger upgrade just the rest for that money!
Well yeah. You can find 1SSs for 32-33k. But pure factory fun, it's the 1LE for 44k.
Sponsored

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
Zane.. Have you heard anything regarding the LT5? Looks like for now it's for the C8 Vette..

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I know that the VIN data cards were yanked by GM as soon as it was found out that the various forums got their hands on it.

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
I know Mercedes Benz made a 6.2 DOHC that made 622 HP natural aspirated (M156 engine).. that's wicked. Maybe the Z/28 might get the engine in the future.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yeah, for the asking price I don't really think a 350 is worth it. Well, MSRP, yes. ADM is what kills it when you can go out and buy a C7 and outperform it for cheaper and not have your car catch on fire doing it.
I think the C7 is a cool looking car and we all know it's a great performer. I'm looking forward to comparing one to my GT350 next year. I think I know what the result will be, but I will need to actually drive the car.

Funny fire comment. :cool:

Well yeah. You can find 1SSs for 32-33k. But pure factory fun, it's the 1LE for 44k.

Wow, the new Camaro must be really bad if Chevy is discounting them that much in order to get a sale!

Sponsored

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Zane.. Have you heard anything regarding the LT5? Looks like for now it's for the C8 Vette..
97 percent sure it's going into a Vette. And it looks like it may be the mid engine Zora, that is probably going to be unveiled in Detroit.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
I think the C7 is a cool looking car and we all know it's a great performer. I'm looking forward to comparing one to my GT350 next year. I think I know what the result will be, but I will need to actually drive the car.

Funny fire comment. :cool:

Wow, the new Camaro must be really bad if Chevy is discounting them that much in order to get a sale!
Wow. The mustang must be really bad to discount the GTPP to 30. See what I did there. It's the same argument lol.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I know Mercedes Benz made a 6.2 DOHC that made 622 HP natural aspirated (M156 engine).. that's wicked. Maybe the Z/28 might get the engine in the future.
I'm not sure an engine that is significantly wider (as a DOHC will be) could even physically fit in the current Camaro engine bay without drastically changing the shock towers, etc.

Look at how much room there was in a 5th Gen:

Now compare it to the Gen 6

Significantly smaller and tighter engine bay.

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
97 percent sure it's going into a Vette. And it looks like it may be the mid engine Zora, that is probably going to be unveiled in Detroit.
Ohh.. I'm more curious about the base Vettes like the Stingray.. wonder what/if they are getting a new engine. That mid-engine Vette, is going to be priced very high.

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
I'm not sure an engine that is significantly wider (as a DOHC will be) could even physically fit in the current Camaro engine bay without drastically changing the shock towers, etc.

Look at how much room there was in a 5th Gen:

Now compare it to the Gen 6

Significantly smaller and tighter engine bay.
Yep.. and the the LS3/LT1 is not a physically big engine. This Z/28 is going to be interesting.. I'm more interested in what they do with the C8 Vette.

Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Wow. The mustang must be really bad to discount the GTPP to 30. See what I did there. It's the same argument lol.
You guys are funny going at each other;)

There is people on the camaro forum claiming to own a six gen 1le under 40 grand! That price for that car is pretty amazing. I m positive, in the near future, we will see even zl1's going below 60 grand. I was actually considering a zl1 for 70 grand before it came out. But I will wait for the price to drop even more or Ford to come up with a surprise gt500 to move forward.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Mind showing me a new GTPP for $30k? That's the deal of a lifetime!
They can't even give a Camaro away. See what I did there?
One of my local GM dealers has 32 camaros rusting on the lot.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I don't think they are.

I think they're designing a whole new car to accept it...one that has the engine a bit further back.

(IE A midengine C8 Corvette).

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I know the engine has a Y designation but every Camaro has had a version of the Y platform motor in it since inception.
Sponsored