Sponsored

Safe to assume no 2017 GT500 but why the 3 year platform wait?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Ford is getting really, really good at keeping their high profile vehicles hidden. Just remember that. No one saw a Ford GT testing until after it was revealed.

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Ford has it so hidden that it might never come out.

Chevy definitely threw the gauntlet down with the ZL1. I am thinking of buying one.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Ford is getting really, really good at keeping their high profile vehicles hidden. Just remember that. No one saw a Ford GT testing until after it was revealed.
Very true.

I'm sure Ford carry a very large stick, but it's also great that employees don't leak anything significant. Given the amount of 3rd party suppliers involved, it's amazing nothing gets out.

I'd like to think it's complete loyalty to the Blue Oval......but it's probably as much to do with job security!

:ford:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Ford has it so hidden that it might never come out.
Chevy definitely threw the gauntlet down with the ZL1. I am thinking of buying one.
Wait till Vengeance Racing gets their hands on a new ZL1. I'm guessing it will be stupid nasty. :thumbsup:
They built a '16 Camaro SS with Procharger and other little goodies and it makes crazy power and torque. Lays down slabs of rubber on the street. :headbang:
[ame]

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Wait till Vengeance Racing gets their hands on a new ZL1. I'm guessing it will be stupid nasty. :thumbsup:
They built a '16 Camaro SS with Procharger and other little goodies and it makes crazy power and torque. Lays down slabs of rubber on the street. :headbang:
All that engine work for 700whp is hilarious. So unimpressive

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
All that engine work for 700whp is hilarious. So unimpressive
I have brought it up to the CamaroG6 crowd. They deflected to the Mustang's driveline shortfalls until I posted a 600rwhp Camaro breaking halfshafts.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I have brought it up to the CamaroG6 crowd. They deflected to the Mustang's driveline shortfalls until I posted a 600rwhp Camaro breaking halfshafts.
Im glad you brought it to their attention.

What shortfall does it have? Mt82s easily can live at 700whp for those that know what they really are doing. For those that want it the 6r80 is stronger than any current production trans GM is shoving in their cars or trucks. Heinz is making 1.3 60fts on our stock halfshafts. They have no legs to stand on. While i think the 6th gen camaro looks good and handles well, these LT engines sucks huge balls. Id rather the LS came back.

Last edited:
OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
OPG and timing gear set
half shafts
clutch

1 and 3 are good if you keep the stock limiter.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I know Ron over there and they do great work. Expensive but great.
Yes, they do awesome work indeed. And yes they are expensive, but you get what you pay for. (Not always, but most of the time.)

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
OPG and timing gear set
half shafts
clutch

1 and 3 are good if you keep the stock limiter.
The half shafts look fine too. Heinz is running 9s and 1.3 60fts. I think it depends on how the driver treats them. Some guys break them some dont. :shrug:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
So, guys,....answer me this please.
If one were to just swap out the harmonic balancer for say, an ATI balancer, do you still not have to do the OPG's and crank sprocket?
I'm reading from a member on another forum that that is the case. The OPGs break because of the harmonics and not from high revving. Replacing is the stock OPGs and crank sprockets are just "band-aids", in his words.
Thanks! :)

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I would not say replacing them are bandaids. I would say that they are the fix. And if you are going to do them you might as well do the balancer while you are there.