Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You already have a GT350 (My dream car).. how can you have another car 40k car?? I can't even get a base GT because of insurance!

So jealous of you guys man damn :eek: :hail:
I would have one or the other car, not both. I'm almost 50 with no kids, so I have more spending money than many people who live in fly over territory. But I'm not going to put myself in the position of having two car loans.

The GT350 is definitely awesome. You should get a used one in a few years when they are cheaper. I really love the car. It will be even better once I get a transmission cooler installed.

I don't think the Camaro is going to be so great that it will convince me to trade my GT350, but I like to keep up with what's going on and have an actual in-person comparison of the cars. I have found that other people's opinions and the car reviews in magazines and online are helpful, but sometimes my opinion is very different. So I don't trust that information by itself.
Sponsored

Tm@c1965

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 GT Mustang, 2014 SRT Challenger
That hood reminds me of something....

040116_motor_camaro_1.vadapt.664.high.23.jpg

This is a great angle for them. The somewhat odd b pillar transition blends away well.

My coworker described looking through/over the dash and hood profile as making the Deathstar trench run.
Here is what it looks like with the hood open:
toilet_bowl_green_seat_modern_bathroom_homemade_cg1p61039552c.jpg

svtsupremacy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Almost bought a 1SS 6th gen camaro...but I like my GT i got for less than 30k OTD. The Camaro is a faster car but it is also more expensive (entry level v8 to entry v8).

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
They're not too bad looking IMO. They can look mean at certain angles. It does look more cartoonish
040116_motor_camaro_1.vadapt.664.high.23.jpg

The rear has a fast ass tho.. Looks better than the 5th Gen IMO
Transformer.........super car in disguise :lol::lol::lol:

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Dumbest rear emblem placement, EVER.

fazelanvari

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ali
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red EcoBoost Premium
Have you sat in a Camaro?

I ask because I felt the seat goes notably lower than the Mustang.

I drive very upright, I have to recline the seat back some to comfortably clear a helmet )(6'3"). At that point I lost some of the shoulder bolsters effectiveness. (GT350 seats). I might bring in a helmet in to work and see how much clearance we have on the whole camaro we have onsite.
I test drove a 2011 SS before I bought a 2012 GT Premium (RIP). I don't know much about Camaros, so I don't know which trim it was, but I think base. Uncomfortable seats, and really low.

I told my wife the other day when we were talking about that that it felt like I was dragging my ass across the pavement at 80MPH.

RatFink71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I like the 6 Gen Camaro especially from a performance standpoint. I just wish if they wanted to stay retro, they would have looked to the second gen Camaro, and moved forward from there.

There is alot og engineering behind the Alpha. It is very efficient in many ways specifically from a mass perspective. And that is not easy to do.
Unfortunately, Chevy will never build another Camaro like the early 70's split bumper RS, that was a real Camaro that was designed from the ground up to be it's own car and sat on it's own chassis. There was also a distinctive visual difference between the Gen 1 and Gen 2 cars, they were not the same basic bodies that sat on a Cadillac chassis. Chevy is so disconnected with it's past that they could not even give the Gen 5 Camaro a "hideaway" headlight feature like the original 67-69 Camaro RS cars had. If Chevy could somehow offer cool stuff again and connect the current Gen 6 Camaro with the past, then I might be more inclined to like it. When the Gen 5's came out I was very excited because I was a die hard Camaro fan and owned nothing but 2nd Gen's in my younger years. I thought Chevy would bring back things like hideaway headlights and the ability to mix packages together to create awesome cars. Back in the day, the RS was an appearance package and for the first generation it included those awesome hideaway headlights and the Rally Stripes. The SS was all about performance and included the 396 big blocks. The z28 was all about handling and included a special suspension and it's own road race inspired, high winding 302 small block. A person could mix packages like RS with Z28 and create a Camaro with the RS hideaway headlight on a Z28. Chevy carried over none of that with the Gen 5, they could have made that car so cool but instead made it so boring. IMHO Chevy does not care about the Camaro's heritage or history and just saw an opportunity to bring a name out of the past and make money with it. Chevy gave up on the Camaro back in the early 2000's because they did not want to put any real R&D into it to make it compete with the Mustang. They just simply scraped the Camaro in favor of building more trucks. You can tell Ford embraces it's past and honors the new Mustang with a dash plaque that reads "Mustang, since 1964". I just don't see the same passion with the Camaro as Ford has with the Mustang.

I guess Chevy will keep building a parts bin car with the same basic body and everyone will love it. I on the other hand am a total history fanatic and remember what the Camaro was. Because of this, I can not condone what Chevy is doing by shoving already developed parts under a flawed body and calling it a different Generation of the car. Chevy was once such an awesome car manufacture and they created some unique cars in the past. That 70's RS you posted is beautiful car and a reminder of just how special a Camaro used to be.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I have bad news guys, i ve found discounted 1le camaros for 42 and zl1's for 63 grand brand new! The gt 350 pricings are still high compared to camaro's. 55 grand for a gt350 and 70+ grand for a gt350r! At this point, price per performance is going to chevy and i hate to say it! Zl1 is literally a 1le with a low output edelbrock supercharger. So far, aftermarket investment on a gtpp or 1le including handling and supercharger upgrades are hard to beat!

RatFink71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have bad news guys, i ve found discounted 1le camaros for 42 and zl1's for 63 grand brand new! The gt 350 pricings are still high compared to camaro's. 55 grand for a gt350 and 70+ grand for a gt350r! At this point, price per performance is going to chevy and i hate to say it! Zl1 is literally a 1le with a low output edelbrock supercharger. So far, aftermarket investment on a gtpp or 1le including handling and supercharger upgrades are hard to beat!
,,,and until Chevy does something with the body and it's tiny trunk opening, ultra high belt line, hideous interior, and poor visibility problems - then they will continue to lower prices to move them off the dealer lots. For some, it's not just about performance. The only reason the Camaro out handles a GT Mustang is because it sits on an already developed high end chassis with Magnaride suspension from a car that is nothing like the Camaro. This whole Alpha platform crap is just that, crap. The Cadillac ATS-V is an ultra high end luxury sedan while the Camaro is a working persons musclecar, the 2 cars are nothing alike and should not share chassis. It pisses me off that the Camaro out handles the Mustang because the Camaro is not a Camaro - it's a damn Cadillac ATS-V. Of course it out handles the Mustang GT, the chassis is from a total upscale class of car. Back in the day platforms were shared between similar cars (example: F-body was shared between Camaro and Firebird which were 2 similar cars). Back then it was pure Camaro vs. pure Mustang. Now it is a ultra high end car, Cadillac ATS-V vs. musclecar, Mustang. I would not buy a Cadillac ATS-V, I mean Camaro even if the price dropped to 20 grand. The Camaro has no soul.

Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
,,,and until Chevy does something with the body and it's tiny trunk opening, ultra high belt line, hideous interior, and poor visibility problems - then they will continue to lower prices to move them off the dealer lots. For some, it's not just about performance. The only reason the Camaro out handles a GT Mustang is because it sits on an already developed high end chassis with Magnaride suspension from a car that is nothing like the Camaro. This whole Alpha platform crap is just that, crap. The Cadillac ATS-V is an ultra high end luxury sedan while the Camaro is a working persons musclecar, the 2 cars are nothing alike and should not share chassis. It pisses me off that the Camaro out handles the Mustang because the Camaro is not a Camaro - it's a damn Cadillac ATS-V. Of course it out handles the Mustang GT, the chassis is from a total upscale class of car. Back in the day platforms were shared between similar cars (example: F-body was shared between Camaro and Firebird which were 2 similar cars). Back then it was pure Camaro vs. pure Mustang. Now it is a ultra high end car, Cadillac ATS-V vs. musclecar, Mustang. I would not buy a Cadillac ATS-V, I mean Camaro even if the price dropped to 20 grand. The Camaro has no soul.
Sorry man this is alot of nonsense. This whole GM sucks because of shared platforms is petty as it is stupid. Ford does the exact same thing.

Why? Because it's smart.

F150
Superduty
Expedition

Guess what they are all sharing componets. Ford made a big capital investment with aluminum body on frame vehicles. And by God their going to get their monies worth. Just like GM.

What are you going to say if Lincoln builds a S550 or S650 based car? Heck maybe that's why S650 was pushed up two years, Lincoln is going to help pay some program bills.

Drive and ATS, then go Drive a Camaro then tell me it's not unique in its own way.

RatFink71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Sorry man this is alot of nonsense. This whole GM sucks because of shared platforms is petty as it is stupid. Ford does the exact same thing.

Why? Because it's smart.

F150
Superduty
Expedition

Guess what they are all sharing componets. Ford made a big capital investment with aluminum body on frame vehicles. And by God their going to get their monies worth. Just like GM.

What are you going to say if Lincoln builds a S550 or S650 based car? Heck maybe that's why S650 was pushed up two years, Lincoln is going to help pay some program bills.

Drive and ATS, then go Drive a Camaro then tell me it's not unique in its own way.
Those are trucks and are pretty much commuter vehicles. I would expect a manufacture to share things between regular commuter stuff. You are right, it just makes sense. IMHO, things are different when it comes to the performance side of things, especially something like Camaro vs. Mustang. Chevy is just being cheap. They addressed 0 issues with the flawed body. Gen 6 still has tiny trunk opening, it still has a ultra high belt line which makes the passengers sit way low in the car, and the interior center stack is still hideous looking to me anyways. Chevy shortened the width of the Gen 6 to fit the narrower chassis of the Cadillac ATS-V. They did nothing else to improve on the flaws of the Gen 5. I hate the Gen 6 because it represents the easy way out for Chevy. Cadillac designed the ATS-V chassis, that chassis was shared with nobody before the Camaro. Cadillac has never done that before except for a few failed attempts in the 80's. I guess for someone like me that actually respects and knows the history of the Camaro, this is a big deal. The horsepower from the new LT engine is not what makes the Camaro better than the Mustang, it's the damn ultra high end chassis from GM's premier facet. The Camaro and ATS-V sit on the exact same chassis. Chevy just redesigned the front to accept a v-8 engine. There are differences between driving the 2 but it is purely the difference between driving a n/a v-8 engine and a turbo 6. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't see the Camaro anymore, it is just a mixture of other cars with a Camaro badge slapped on it. If Ford was to ever build a parts bin Mustang, then I would be giving them just as hard of a time. Also, if that were to ever happen, I would then be done with new cars and turn my total attention to older models when the cars identity and uniqueness were still intact. If we are building parts bin cars then just stick the Camaro on a Corvette chassis and call it a day. I mean, where does the parts borrowing and swapping end? I guess I'm the only one bothered by this, I don't know I guess it is kinda petty but it bothers me.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

Why? Because it's smart.

F150
Superduty
Expedition

Only part of it was wrong. The design of the Camaro is a major reason. It's getting out sold by about 40%. Performance is great. You still have to stuff that performance in a package that appeals. Bad cramped interior. Bad sight lines. No trunk. GM is offering 20% off and they are still having a hard time selling cars!

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Only part of it was wrong. The design of the Camaro is a major reason. It's getting out sold by about 40%. Performance is great. You still have to stuff that performance in a package that appeals. Bad cramped interior. Bad sight lines. No trunk. GM is offering 20% off and they are still having a hard time selling cars!

That's funny part GM think POWER POWER POWER sells they still don't get. This has been going on through whole time line of Camaro

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
The monkey wrench is the zl1 will have mark up just like the gt-350 , the 1le for $42k thats a good price...wonder what the 2018 gt-500 will cost! Scat pack is $50k properly dressed! Hell cat out of reach, unless you buy a used one!
Sponsored