Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Please clue me in about the Fusion because I don't know much about it. I thought the Fusion was a front wheel drive car. Does Ford make an all wheel drive Fusion with IRS ?
Sponsored

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
Please clue me in about the Fusion because I don't know much about it. I thought the Fusion was a front wheel drive car. Does Ford make an all wheel drive Fusion with IRS ?
The lincoln MKZ has a 400hp 3L and you can get the more advanced AWD from the Focus RS.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I think one advantage our motors have, that everyone seems to overlook, is how well they respond to mods. Let me know when you can spend a total of $40k on a brand new Camaro AND mods and make 700+ RWHP.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
How can the Mustang share a platform when it has no other sports car in its line up to share with?:confused: Ford doesn't have a corvette class car, they don't have a luxury sports car like the ATS or CTS. So how can you bash GM for sharing parts with known high performance cars when Ford doesn't offer anything else other then the Mustang.:crazy: You can bet if Ford had the same performance car set up like GM, there would be plenty of parts bin sharing.:cheers:
Here's how my logic would go: since GM is able to parts bin share, their car should be cheaper than the Ford offering that has to have entirely unique parts. However, somehow Ford manages to design and build a one of a kind vehicle AND sell it for less money.

If the parts bin car were cheaper, then it might be a point in the Camaro's favor. Since it is more expensive, that fact counts against the Camaro in my opinion.

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
I would never buy one, but it does look pretty bad ass!!
(In my opinion anyways. lol :D)
No matter how hard I try to see the 6G favorably as a Camaro fan might, all I can see is a 2G Camaro with a Darth Vader mask and some imported rear end parts. There is nothing classic nor attractive in the 6G for me.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I think one advantage our motors have, that everyone seems to overlook, is how well they respond to mods. Let me know when you can spend a total of $40k on a brand new Camaro AND mods and make 700+ RWHP.
Its not all about power but balance and harmony;)

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
No matter how hard I try to see the 6G favorably as a Camaro fan might, all I can see is a 2G Camaro with a Darth Vader mask and some imported rear end parts. There is nothing classic nor attractive in the 6G for me.
I like the 6 Gen Camaro especially from a performance standpoint. I just wish if they wanted to stay retro, they would have looked to the second gen Camaro, and moved forward from there.

There is alot og engineering behind the Alpha. It is very efficient in many ways specifically from a mass perspective. And that is not easy to do.
1971-chevrolet-camaro-front-view.jpg

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Here's how my logic would go: since GM is able to parts bin share, their car should be cheaper than the Ford offering that has to have entirely unique parts. However, somehow Ford manages to design and build a one of a kind vehicle AND sell it for less money.

If the parts bin car were cheaper, then it might be a point in the Camaro's favor. Since it is more expensive, that fact counts against the Camaro in my opinion.
I guess it depends on what you value as far as cost. The SS and GTPP are $1000 apart. So is more HP, near 100lbs less weight and better handling worth only a $1000 or is it more? I do agree Mustang has a cheap base model and Chevy should of done the same for a starter car, but apples to apples there $1000 apart. When the my18GT comes out and it has similar numbers performance wise with the SS and keep the price the same, then I totally agree.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I guess it depends on what you value as far as cost. The SS and GTPP are $1000 apart. So is more HP, near 100lbs less weight and better handling worth only a $1000 or is it more? I do agree Mustang has a cheap base model and Chevy should of done the same for a starter car, but apples to apples there $1000 apart. When the my18GT comes out and it has similar numbers performance wise with the SS and keep the price the same, then I totally agree.
You gain performance and lose daily drive-ability (aka, poor visibility, horrendous trunk space, atrocious rear seats etc.). The value doesn't entirely lie in pure performance numbers.

I actually need to fit golf clubs in my trunk, and have actual humans sit in my rear seats...so a camaro was really not an option.

If the 18 comes out with direct injection with a horsepower update, don't expect the price to be what it is now. Parts cost money, and direct injection is quite a bit more expensive.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
You gain performance and lose daily drive-ability (aka, poor visibility, horrendous trunk space, atrocious rear seats etc.). The value doesn't entirely lie in pure performance numbers.

I actually need to fit golf clubs in my trunk, and have actual humans sit in my rear seats...so a camaro was really not an option.

If the 18 comes out with direct injection with a horsepower update, don't expect the price to be what it is now. Parts cost money, and direct injection is quite a bit more expensive.
Agree, that's is why I said it depends what you value.:thumbsup:

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd