Sponsored

Anyone trade down from a GT to an Ecoboost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vogtaction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium ecoboost auto mustang
If so, why?
Crickets...LOL, my guess would be because they daily it and want to save money on payment and gas. I can't think of any other reason besides maybe less strain on their garage floor or floor jack.

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I just bought a NEW lawn tractor does that count ?? LOL.

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
Honestly,

The gas savings becomes insignificant once you start putting 93 in the Ecoboost, while the GT performs as well on 87 as on 93.

I myself do regret getting the Ecoboost, but not willing to take a big hit with the trade in just yet.

Sponsored

priestblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cali Special
I had a 2013 gt that I traded for a 2015 eco. I bought my gt used and loved it despite it lacking some of the options I wanted. My wife bought a 2015 fiat 500 shortly afterwords which gets 30+ mpg compared to my 14 mpg my gt was getting. I quickly realized that it was never worth taking my car on any trip or almost anywhere together due to it feeling like throwing money out the window. I decided to pick up a 2015 ecoboost with every option I wanted and have great gas milage at the same time. I've certainly missed the sound and the power but thanks to my upcoming turbo upgrade I should be going fast again soon. It might not have worth it to everyone but considering that I always use premium and drive my car to and from work everyday it just seemed to make sense

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
I did a thread like this several months ago, could not find any.

OP
OP
MUSThavaSTANG

MUSThavaSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT 6 speed PP
I'm strongly considering trading my Eco for a GT in Spring of 18. Want more power, but was wondering if anyone regretted doing so and went back the other way.

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Please post picture of yourself, if you plan to admit to this

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I'm strongly considering trading my Eco for a GT in Spring of 18. Want more power, but was wondering if anyone regretted doing so and went back the other way.
I had an EB prior. After full bolt on and tune, I still wanted more power. Going big turbo wasn't in the cards for me.

Sponsored

vogtaction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium ecoboost auto mustang
I had a 2013 gt that I traded for a 2015 eco. I bought my gt used and loved it despite it lacking some of the options I wanted. My wife bought a 2015 fiat 500 shortly afterwords which gets 30+ mpg compared to my 14 mpg my gt was getting. I quickly realized that it was never worth taking my car on any trip or almost anywhere together due to it feeling like throwing money out the window. I decided to pick up a 2015 ecoboost with every option I wanted and have great gas milage at the same time. I've certainly missed the sound and the power but thanks to my upcoming turbo upgrade I should be going fast again soon. It might not have worth it to everyone but considering that I always use premium and drive my car to and from work everyday it just seemed to make sense
My daily work drive is 70 miles a day and I wanted every option possible. Plus I was trading in a 2013 Silverado crew cab that got 12 miles per gallon that I was upside down on by 4 grand. Luckily I got the x plan so my overall loan was around 33K. I couldnt see spending 40+ on a GT after my trade in loss. I already knew when purchasing the car I could easily get into the 12s with just a couple bolt ons. Thats the reason I purchased mine. I do miss the sound of a V8 as I owned a supercharged 2002 back in the day.

Rhumbline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 BMW M3
I wonder what the real world gas savings of an Eco over a GT actually is. I get the impression that the turbos are tuned VERY specifically for the CAFE tests but in the real world tend not to be nearly as efficient as the official ratings might lead one to believe.

Add to that the big NVH downgrade of any four-potter over a V8 and I think I would go for the latter every time.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
That would be sacrilege!!!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.