Sponsored

Pictures in Race Mode!!

C7 B8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, '11 Mustang GT
Very picturesque track with rocky hillsides and trees as backdrop! I don't think I have seen another like it.

Here's a few pictures of my car from Palmer Motorsports Park. The track is very interesting. The apex of several of the corners is in the next county. Note also the track heading steeply uphill in the background.

<TED>
Sponsored

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby 350GT Steeda springs, sways, camber plates, toe links etc: 14 BMW 328d
I don't have any luck attaching photos from my phone, I usually do it from a computer. I'll upload pics from my phone to FB, then save them to my computer.

Palmer is a blast, did you record video, laptimes?
No, I don't do video and I tend to stay away from lap times too. It was my first time at the track and it is, uh, different. Loads of fun, but hard to maximize. I used to race bikes and I'm way too competitive for my age (I'm 75). If I get all caught up in lap times, I'll do something stupid<g>! Not to say I haven't taken any, just not at Palmer. Good times seem to be just under 2 minutes. I'm sure I wasn't anywhere near there.

<TED>

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
No, I don't do video and I tend to stay away from lap times too. It was my first time at the track and it is, uh, different. Loads of fun, but hard to maximize. I used to race bikes and I'm way too competitive for my age (I'm 75). If I get all caught up in lap times, I'll do something stupid<g>! Not to say I haven't taken any, just not at Palmer. Good times seem to be just under 2 minutes. I'm sure I wasn't anywhere near there.

<TED>
Always good not to hit anything because at Palmer, it will hurt. I always lifted on the not straight, straight. Stock GT's get too floaty.

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby 350GT Steeda springs, sways, camber plates, toe links etc: 14 BMW 328d
Always good not to hit anything because at Palmer, it will hurt. I always lifted on the not straight, straight. Stock GT's get too floaty.
That "straight" is something else! The common wisdom is you put the car right alongside the wall to the left and then turn to the right to try to create a straighter braking zone. That means you are weaving from right to left and then making a turn just before (as) you brake! I never felt real comfortable there.

My GT was totally stock at the time, with the PP, but I have been pleasantly surprised at how capable it is - recognizing that you are bound to get understeer in a big heavy front engined car. (I come from a small car and bike background so maybe I don't have anything to compare it with.) I have gone to different tires, brakes and have set up the front end a bit since. I'm going to bigger wheels with a square set up next. Hope that improves the understeer a bit.

<TED>

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
That "straight" is something else! The common wisdom is you put the car right alongside the wall to the left and then turn to the right to try to create a straighter braking zone. That means you are weaving from right to left and then making a turn just before (as) you brake! I never felt real comfortable there.

My GT was totally stock at the time, with the PP, but I have been pleasantly surprised at how capable it is - recognizing that you are bound to get understeer in a big heavy front engined car. (I come from a small car and bike background so maybe I don't have anything to compare it with.) I have gone to different tires, brakes and have set up the front end a bit since. I'm going to bigger wheels with a square set up next. Hope that improves the understeer a bit.

<TED>
I picked up about 5 seconds when I returned for my second time at Palmer. Square set-up and camber bolts and a little more driver skill(I like to think)

Sponsored

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
I picked up about 5 seconds when I returned for my second time at Palmer. Square set-up and camber bolts and a little more driver skill(I like to think)
I'll be back next year with square setup and camber plates (already have the camber plates). Driver skill is an unknown quantity. I certainly will know the course and the car better! Palmer was only my 3rd track day in the car...

Nice to hear from someone who does track the car that a square setup actually works! I can't understand why it isn't stock...

<TED>

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
A couple shots at Texas World Speedway.
_DSC0167_sized.jpg
_DSC0597_sized.jpg

Sponsored

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
That first one is a beautiful picture - as a picture!

<TED>

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Some of these pictures need to go on the Mustang6g calendar.

RidetechJosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 LX Mustang, 2003 Mach 1
A couple shots at Texas World Speedway.
I was scrolling down the page and saw your first picture... swore that you were flipping through the air and then I realized that you were on the banks at Texas. :lol:

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Haha, I love that bank. It's a rush.
Sponsored