TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
As someone that has an Ecoboost in the house with a Cobb Accessport and a Lund (HP Tuners) nGauge, I can't be the only one that hates it, the low quality screen and bulkiness of a round gauge with a big mount.

Especially with a Performance Package car, the only way to use and have it look good was to remove one of my vents. I did it for a while, but I can't stand it anymore (the heat and condensation on my dash)

I love how slim the AccessPort is, how it records highs and lows, how the screen is significantly better and it supports on the fly slot switching. Example - I have a regular boost slot, a regular boost w/ launch control slot, a low boost MPG slot, and a "holy shit there is an emergency" low boost really conservative timing slot.

Then there is the nGauge

It's very bulky with the mount that's needed on back. It doesn't record highs and lows, the screen is potato quality and is easily washed out. No on the fly switching. The intended way that people like to mount (in the dash, replacing a vent) while effective doesn't include any way to actually angle it towards the driver, and is halfway across the car. Because of the potato quality screen it's washed out and can't really be seen hardly ever in the convertible if the top is ever down.

I literally wish I could replace my nGauge with an Accessport, and change nothing at all with who tunes my car at all.

I mean if an AP already works with all the Ford Ecoboost cars (and Lund tunes the Ecoboost w/ the nGauge), there's no reason it shouldn't be workable with a Mustang GT. Since the nGauge is made by e-Motion anyway, i wonder if we can use their more compact looking nDash instead now that Ford support exists.

I totally understand that Lund just took the initiative to take a product and license it to be their own sold product and it's doing fine, but I dunno.. I just hate it and the way it looks makes me not want to even bother keep it in the car, even if the digital readouts and shift light are kinda nice - when i can see them.
Sponsored

Last edited:

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I like mine :shrug:

The screen is small, true, but I don't find it bulky.

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
As someone that has an Ecoboost in the house with a Cobb Accessport and a Lund (HP Tuners) nGauge, I can't be the only one that hates it, the low quality screen and bulkiness of a round gauge with a big mount.

Especially with a Performance Package car, the only way to use and have it look good was to remove one of my vents. I did it for a while, but I can't stand it anymore (the heat and condensation on my dash)

I love how slim the AccessPort is, how it records highs and lows, how the screen is significantly better and it supports on the fly slot switching. Example - I have a regular boost slot, a regular boost w/ launch control slot, a low boost MPG slot, and a "holy shit there is an emergency" low boost really conservative timing slot.

Then there is the nGauge

It's very bulky with the mount that's needed on back. It doesn't record highs and lows, the screen is potato quality and is easily washed out. No on the fly switching. The intended way that people like to mount (in the dash, replacing a vent) while effective doesn't include any way to actually angle it towards the driver, and is halfway across the car. Because of the potato quality screen it's washed out and can't really be seen hardly ever in the convertible if the top is ever down.

I literally wish I could replace my nGauge with an Accessport, and change nothing at all with who tunes my car at all.

I mean if an AP already works with all the Ford Ecoboost cars (and Lund tunes the Ecoboost w/ the nGauge), there's no reason it shouldn't be workable with a Mustang GT. Since the nGauge is made by e-Motion anyway, i wonder if we can use their more compact looking nDash instead now that Ford support exists.

I totally understand that Lund just took the initiative to take a product and license it to be their own sold product and it's doing fine, but I dunno.. I just hate it and the way it looks makes me not want to even bother keep it in the car, even if the digital readouts and shift light are kinda nice - when i can see them.
I agree. The AP is a nice tuning device. The ability of changing maps on the fly is great. That's a feature I had on my APR Tuned GTI.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
Yeah I saw one once and was like uhhhh... People get worked up over that? Way inferior to the AP.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
:popcorn:

I love my Accessport.

Sponsored

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Coming from the ST world here as well and would love an Accessport for the GT! I wont buy the Nguage cause I dont plan on mounting it where I can see it. I flashed my tune into the ST and put the Accessport away. Used the steering controls to switch between maps and whenever I wanted to datalog or have some fun I would plug the Accessport back in and let it do its thing. Otherwise it lived in the glovebox and I was ok with that!

Matt

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I don't have a nGuage but looking at future tuning I figured i'd be using it to flash the ECU then putting it away. I'm also used to the AP from my last cars. However, I stopped keeping them hooked up too. I find keeping that stuff up distracted me from enjoying the car. I was too focused on what my engine was doing that it kept me paranoid. Eventually I just hid it inside the fuse box for when I needed it (flash between 93 & meth) and trusted my tune. Good for troubleshooting or keeping hooked up a few days after installing parts. After that and everything is good, I don't see the point of monitoring.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I had an AP v3 on my EvoX and WRX, and indeed, they are superior in every way. I just use an X4 right now, and it is about as close as you can get. The thinness of the v3 was awesome, and I really like that it magnetically mounted to the, well the mount.

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
The Accessport is too round and bulky... there has to be a 'that's what she said' joke in there somewhere.

Sponsored

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I haven't seen a nGauge in person but seeing them on YT and various websites, I knew I wouldn't have it in my car. That's why I bought a X4 with Lund tune from Beefcake the other day. Dump the tune to the car then dump the X4 in a drawer.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Having used a Diablo Predator and In-Tune 1000CX in the past, I like the NGauge. It has it's issues but it's as functional as I need it to be at least.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Having used a Diablo Predator and In-Tune 1000CX in the past, I like the NGauge. It has it's issues but it's as functional as I need it to be at least.
You just named the two worst tuning devices I've ever used. I had the predator on my 2004 Terminator, and the In-tune on my wrangler. Was not impressed with either one. The in-tune felt like it was made by a blind man building them using only his toes and elbows.

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Hey, at least it has a color screen. I used to have one of the original Aeroforce Interceptor scan gauges in a couple cars, only comes in a pre-selected color, the resolution is probably 100x100, and when the interior is cold, the display updates slow as fu--.

But hey, it could read and clear MIL lights and codes LOL.

OP
OP
TheDivaDanielle

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
I'm frankly glad already that this thread is getting a little traction and I'm not alone here.
Sponsored