Sponsored

Hellion Kit Owner's (Chime In)

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
I was considering a Paxton Beefcake special for my DD. But now I'm thinking of getting Hellion Twin kit. My questions are:
1. Do you daily drive your car?
2. In stop in go traffic is there any heating issues?
3. Have you noticed any engine components that needed to be moved, tucked or anything that has melted/burned since installed?
4. Since installing the kit have you had any regrets, would change anything, coat, wrapp ect. with kit prior to install?
Thanks for your time!
Sponsored

Last edited:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I was considering a Paxton Beefcake special for my DD. But now I'm thinking of getting Hellion Twin kit. My questions are:
1. Do you daily day your car?
2. In stop in go traffic is there any heating issues?
3. Have you noticed any engine components that needed to be moved, tucked or anything that has melted/burned since installed?
4. Since installing the kit have you had any regrets, would change anything, coat, wrapp ect. with kit prior to install?
Thanks for your time!
Either kit would make you pretty happy. Really comes down to budget and goals.

Feel free to hit me up with any questions.

Beef
513-478-1965

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
the hellion system is designed great, priced nice, and is a proven setup
The Hellion setup,
a) adds more weight to the front of the car
b) The weight is way above the center of gravity which will affect your turning
c) Too much heat build up in the engine bay which WILL affect all the rubbers and plastic allot faster than a stock car as it was designed.
d) The air filters sucking hot air from engine bay

The Twin under the car
a) moves the weight to middle section of the car and not front
b) The weight is closer to center of gravity.
c) No heat build up in engine bay
d) both air filters get fresh cool air from the front.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Our Beefcake Special Vortech going 8s

8 second centri
[ame]

Same Kit we sell in our Beefcake Special going 8s

8 second hellion
[ame]

Both 8 second proven performers.......

Both full weight street cars.....

TwinTurboMustang.net

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The Hellion setup,
a) adds more weight to the front of the car
b) The weight is way above the center of gravity which will affect your turning
c) Too much heat build up in the engine bay which WILL affect all the rubbers and plastic allot faster than a stock car as it was designed.
d) The air filters sucking hot air from engine bay
E) Radiator Temps are much higher
F) Relocation of factory cooling system.

The Twin under the car:
a) moves the weight to middle section of the car and not front
b) The weight is closer to center of gravity.
c) No heat build up in engine bay
d) both air filters get fresh cool air from the front.
E) Stock cooling system untouched.
F) Less piping and parts then top mount systems
G) Superior manifold design for Turbo Use.

Heat is major factor in racing and daily driven applications. If you are road racing your car, or in heavy traffic, the difference is massive from a top mount kit to a bottom mount system.

Remember any kit can "make power", but there is much more to a good system then just the dyno & track times. It's about longevity & quality as well.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
More than power and track times, i agree to an extent.

but, if a system doesn't make power, and doesn't perform at the track, who cares how pretty it is.

thats the nice thing about hellion turbo systems.

12 years in business and the #1 selling turbo system for mustangs, they have great longevity and quality!!!!

:)

oh yea.... and makes power and performs at the track

TwinTurboMustang.net

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
More than power and track times, i agree to an extent.

but, if a system doesn't make power, and doesn't perform at the track, who cares how pretty it is.

thats the nice thing about hellion turbo systems.

12 years in business and the #1 selling turbo system for mustangs, they have great longevity and quality!!!!

:)

oh yea.... and makes power and performs at the track
This is true. Hellion has a good track record. I think because they pretty much were the only ones making systems. This has changed though. Different schools of thought and design.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
This is true. Hellion has a good track record. I think because they pretty much were the only ones making systems. This has changed though. Different schools of thought and design.
Not sure how to take that statement. You're saying they have a good track record because only ones making systems???????

They have a good track record because they put out a quality product

A product that puts out great numbers, performs great, fits great, and runs great at the track

That is what gets you a good track record on a product

Companies coming out of the wood work left and right. Come back in 15 years if your gonna start bashing such a great company.

Well compare track records then

Edit: I'll also add to look at the stability and longevity from a customer standpoint. We know hellion isn't going anywhere. And they have the financial banking to stand behind what they sell

1 or 2 bad deals will put most new guys to the game into bankruptcy

Seen it dozens of times

Sponsored

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I don't care what anyone says about the positives/negatives from a turbo system, once you feel the hit from a pair of twins then nothing else matters. I had a whoop ass TVS setup, mid 10's on 20's/pump gas, and I'd never consider going with a blower again.

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I can't stand the under-hood mounted kits. We have one here that we see IAT's in the 160's from time to time. Everything has to be heat wrapped or you start melting stuff. Do they work? Sure.. But, the mid-mount stuff is where it's at.

OP
OP
Pincushin3819

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
I can't stand the under-hood mounted kits. We have one here that we see IAT's in the 160's from time to time. Everything has to be heat wrapped or you start melting stuff. Do they work? Sure.. But, the mid-mount stuff is where it's at.
I agree with the mid mount statment. I had a under the hood single on my 5th gen Camaro that was close to the design of the Hellion kit. It was a heating nightmare, I switched to a mid mount twin AGP kit & never looked back it has & still is fantastic on the car even for DD. But that's why I'm asking these questions about the Hellion kit, I know this kit will perform but at what cost of the functionality & durability of the car for daily use? I had PD on my Camaro also & it's just not for me, I also have a C7 with a ECS kit & it's nice that's why I was leaning towards the Paxton for the Mustang but I can honestly say I love my twins on the Camaro better than the ECS kit on the C7. I just didn't want the same problems I had before with a under the hood design.

OP
OP
Pincushin3819

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
I'm not affiliated with any vendor or have any self interest, but you should strongly look at this kit. Not cheap but very well designed and great components.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56343
I love this kit! It is everything I'm looking for in a kit but at over 10k with no fueling, tuning & install its pretty steep. I do understand the time & quality of something like this & I totally appreciate craftsmanship but it is a competitive market out there & this is a 35k car not a Lambo. If there was more of a price option from a cost effective stand point I would definitely be all over this kit.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So, do any of you have a Hellion in your S550 and daily drive it? From reading the replies it wasn't apparent.
Sponsored