Sponsored

GT350R vs 1LE

Davy_Baby9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRD
350R should win fairly easy, the bigger the track the bigger the gap IMO.

But who knows, could be closer than I think.

And since this is a mustang forum, a place where if the result doesn't go exactly the way I want, I blame everyone else and create cute nicknames for magazines and the competition. There's always that way out. lol
Sponsored

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
350R should win fairly easy, the bigger the track the bigger the gap IMO.

But who knows, could be closer than I think.

And since this is a mustang forum, a place where if the result doesn't go exactly the way I want, I blame everyone else and create cute nicknames for magazines and the competition. There's always that way out. lol
Motor tend is pretty clearly a marketing arm of gm. The Colorado won truck of the year when it wasn't even eligible by the rules.

The real question that hasn't been answered is how fat has the 1le gotten. The new zl1 is reported to be 3900 by gm statements. Split the difference between a SS and a zl1 and you get a car heavier than the gt350r.

RyanR3KC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
This...

I love how just a few Instagram posts from MT already has you all foaming at the mouth with cries of "bias!" "Chevytrend!" etc...shows how insecure you guys are about your cars...that you most likely overpaid for and will still lose at the track because you don't know how to drive.

Early speculation is that both the 1LE and 350R are punching above their weight class. I love this year's BDC lineup. It also shows how far American auto makers have come in the last few years. The Viper ACR will set the bar at Laguna unless the McClaren really throws down. 350R-1LE will be a coin flip. I bet the 1LE will more than hold it's own. Lighter car, more torquier engine. Let's just sit back and enjoy it fellas.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
This...

I love how just a few Instagram posts from MT already has you all foaming at the mouth with cries of "bias!" "Chevytrend!" etc...shows how insecure you guys are about your cars...that you most likely overpaid for and will still lose at the track because you don't know how to drive.

Early speculation is that both the 1LE and 350R are punching above their weight class. I love this year's BDC lineup. It also shows how far American auto makers have come in the last few years. The Viper ACR will set the bar at Laguna unless the McClaren really throws down. 350R-1LE will be a coin flip. I bet the 1LE will more than hold it's own. Lighter car, more torquier engine. Let's just sit back and enjoy it fellas.
Great trolling post! Not much happening on the Camaro forums? Still waiting for GM to release a handling package quite a few months later? :lol:

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer
Not a fair comparison. The new 1LE should compete with the standard GT350, not the R.

So of course the GT350R should be faster, and if it isn't...oh boy
You would think an "Automobile" magazine could do a better job of comparing apples with apples. The GT350R is better compared to a ZL1 or Z28, while the GT350 is more equivalent to the SS.

While the R should certainly beat the SS in performance related tests, MT always has a category for Price and the SS is considerably less expensive and easier to obtain than an R.

I could see the final MT results going either way based on all the factors MT uses.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
This...

How insecure we are? Lmao. Did you seriously just say that? How insecure are you Camaro guys when we call your cars a parts bin car? The Camaro is a MUT. Corvette/truck engine, Cadillac platform, with a dated design and a Pontiac type interior.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
The Camaro's biggest problem is the design. The powertrain and chassis are all great. Imagine if the Camaro looked like this?? (and this is based on the same alpha platform..)

:love::hail:

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I doubt there will be a big gap between a 1LE and 350R. Some of you guys are way too brand loyal.
It doesn't have anything to do with brand loyalty. If just the SS is really close to the R, then hats of to GM. And holy s#$! what is the ZL1 and Z28 going to do! :eyebulge:

I would hope a regular GT350 beats an SS around a track, but that is probably a very even race.

While these are fun to read and talk about, they are meaningless to me in a real world sense. I'm not Randy P and can't drive anywhere near what a pro can do. So I choose my cars based on other reasons now and not 0-60 or lap times I can't achieve anyway.

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
How insecure we are? Lmao. Did you seriously just say that? How insecure are you Camaro guys when we call your cars a parts bin car? The Camaro is a MUT. Corvette/truck engine, Cadillac platform, with a dated design and a Pontiac type interior.
Yeah, that is a silly thing for someone to get offended about. Personally I think it is the Camaro's biggest strength and something GM leverages very intelligently. After all, that's what gave them the ability to offer a car that can compete with the GT350 for a LOT less money.

It is not the best looking car in its class IMO, but it is clearly the fastest. The 1LE is going to destroy its GTPP competition on the track, and will no doubt compete with the 2017 GT350, as well as the 2015/2016 GT350TP, which is just nuts to even think considering the capability of the GT350 and the massive price difference.

It is good to have options. Some want Heritage and bragging rights, and some just wanna go fast for a little $ as possible. We all have a car to choose from, and that's awesome!

I am waiting for all this competition to produce a Mustang I wanna buy that's less than $58K. Fingers crossed for a relatively cheaper Mach 1 or something like it.

Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You donā€™t want to know
This isn't just "Best Driver's Car," it's "Best Driver's Car Available in the Marketplace at the Time of Publication." Of course the GT 350R is a better choice than the GT 350 for this particular contest. And the 1LE is the best Camaro available at the moment of the competition. But I don't really care which car wins, because magazine tests are only a small part of what goes into the mix when I 'm making my buying decisions.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
So do YOU track your 1LE? Let's see it.... track times? vids, etc.??

And "all"?? :lol:

So before you assume & jump down... there are a number of folks here who own or owned more than just Mustangs/GT350's.

And speaking of value, which will retain its value 5 years... 10 years.... etc from now? The SS/1LE or the GT350/R?? ;)

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
So do YOU track your 1LE? Let's see it.... track times? vids, etc.??

And "all"?? :lol:

So before you assume & jump down... there are a number of folks here who own or owned more than just Mustangs/GT350's.

And speaking of value, which will retain its value 5 years... 10 years.... etc from now? The SS/1LE or the GT350/R?? ;)
Value may be a moot point for the many that paid adm.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
The 1le is "just" a Camaro. It will not have any high value to it. Period.
Sponsored