Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

Shadow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow GT350
I dropped my GT350 off @ Borla today they are going to do vids of the stock Exhaust and Borla. The Borla has the same tone as stock just louder. They are also going to test fit LT Headers on it next week to see if they are going to work.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
I dropped my GT350 off @ Borla today they are going to do vids of the stock Exhaust and Borla. The Borla has the same tone as stock just louder. They are also going to test fit LT Headers on it next week to see if they are going to work.
Keep us posted!

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
Thanks! Can't wait to help get these out to the public.. Going to sound insane!! :ford:

-Josh

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
What brand of long tubes will be installed?

Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
This is getting interesting. Borla long tubes, I like that. Should be OEM quality.

Any chance borla would make a longtube for Ford performance?

Goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Very glad to hear Borla is stepping up. I have always liked their quality.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Nice can't wait!! Hopefully it doesn't have that nasty rasp with headers that the stock exhaust has.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I have no idea why people don't like the rasp? That is what makes the Shelby flat plane stand out. Why would you want to get rid of that? To each their own I guess.

Sponsored

VoodooThomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Love the factory sound as well, while I do want to put a full exhaust system on the car for the performance benefits I absolutely would not if I lose the unique factory exhaust note. Magnaflow makes it sound like any other V8 to me, takes away the specialness. Hopefully borla will just enhance the factory sound.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
I have no idea why people don't like the rasp? That is what makes the Shelby flat plane stand out. Why would you want to get rid of that? To each their own I guess.
agreed.

I'm actually contemplating ditching the magnaflow exhaust. it's plenty raspy with the headers, once it gets over 3500 rpm, but i really cannot stand the infernal rattle from the active exhaust actuator. either that, or I'm going to try to reclock the way the actuator sits on the exhaust to get more spring pressure on it.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Love the factory sound as well, while I do want to put a full exhaust system on the car for the performance benefits I absolutely would not if I lose the unique factory exhaust note. Magnaflow makes it sound like any other V8 to me, takes away the specialness. Hopefully borla will just enhance the factory sound.
I have ARH long tubes on stock mufflers. Love it! Aftermarket mufflers are not going to increase hp. When the muffler is in sport mode it's a straight pipe.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
agreed.

I'm actually contemplating ditching the magnaflow exhaust. it's plenty raspy with the headers, once it gets over 3500 rpm, but i really cannot stand the infernal rattle from the active exhaust actuator. either that, or I'm going to try to reclock the way the actuator sits on the exhaust to get more spring pressure on it.
Don't you have high flow cats? That would actually clean up the rasp some. Catless is when it's really raspy.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
It's just like I have no idea how anyone would like the rasp. Thats what makes a catless Shelby stand out.. The current exhaust tone stock in sport mode makes them already stand out from the rest.
Sponsored