2015 Mustang V6 BAMA 93 Octane Performance V2 Tune

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Well it is official! Shorty headers are on their way! Once I get them installed, my LT's and high flow cats will be for sale.
Sponsored

Gooner86

ARSENA1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red V6
I must have missed it if it was mentioned earlier but why the change from LT to Shorty?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I must have missed it if it was mentioned earlier but why the change from LT to Shorty?
Mostly due to sound and low end power. The shorties to me sound better then the LT's and the shorties have slightly more low end power. Shorties do loose a bit up top (5hp) but that is a sacrifice I am willing to make for the sound. It is just personal preference, nothing wrong with the LT's!

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
youll like them. they sound a lot deeper IMO

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
youll like them. they sound a lot deeper IMO
I am not entirely sure about that. If you hear my exhaust in person, it is pretty deep.

I like the more defined exhaust pulses you get with the shorties over the LT's. I plan on going with the stock cats, remove the resonator and replace it with a resonated X-pipe (magnaflow as I still have it) and muffler deletes. That should retain most of the volume of my current exhaust and should sound pretty good! (Hopefully) Plus I will get the benefits of an x-pipe to help out in the top end power.

Sponsored

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
I am not entirely sure about that. If you hear my exhaust in person, it is pretty deep.

I like the more defined exhaust pulses you get with the shorties over the LT's. I plan on going with the stock cats, remove the resonator and replace it with a resonated X-pipe (magnaflow as I still have it) and muffler deletes. That should retain most of the volume of my current exhaust and should sound pretty good! (Hopefully) Plus I will get the benefits of an x-pipe to help out in the top end power.
Hey Zack, do you still fab your own exhaust pieces or do you take it to someone?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Hey Zack, do you still fab your own exhaust pieces or do you take it to someone?
I usually do any exhaust work myself. If I need special bent pipes, I get them done at an exhaust shop but other then that... All DIY here!

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
yeah, im currently shorties, stock cats, SR GT x pipe, 4x9x14 magnaflows. its fairly quiet. so resonated x and muff deletes should sound pretty good.

jojojohnny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 3.55 K@N Blackheart AB MPT tune
Bama customer service is tops. They know I am using the MPT tune and STILL emailed me and said they were happy for me and to try them again down the road if I wanted.. Great guys they are. I know they will get that A\T issue worked out.

BMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7
Bama customer service is tops. They know I am using the MPT tune and STILL emailed me and said they were happy for me and to try them again down the road if I wanted.. Great guys they are. I know they will get that A\T issue worked out.
Yeah totally impressed with bama customer service, great guys there. Ran their tune for 2 years on my 2012 stang.

Sponsored

BamaSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT, TT
Thanks so much for the kind words and the support! We are confident our tunes, on the same car or side by side will perform equal if not better than any competitor and our customer service cannot be beat!

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
Hmm. The more I drive and read about these tunes, the more I realize I don't want the shifting in either mod changed. Would it be possible or even worth it to get a 93 octane tune with engine only tune? Would I even notice a difference? I already run 93. When I switched from 87 to 93, I didn't notice anything different about the engine, but mpg went up, so ignition timing was advanced when I switched. Reason enough to run 93 in this car. You're not saving money on 87.

BamaSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT, TT
Hmm. The more I drive and read about these tunes, the more I realize I don't want the shifting in either mod changed. Would it be possible or even worth it to get a 93 octane tune with engine only tune? Would I even notice a difference? I already run 93. When I switched from 87 to 93, I didn't notice anything different about the engine, but mpg went up, so ignition timing was advanced when I switched. Reason enough to run 93 in this car. You're not saving money on 87.
Sure thing. The nice thing is we offer unlimited revisions and unlimited datalogging, which mimics a custom dyno tune....free of charge.

Why not give it a try and if you don't like it we are available 9am-9pm M-T and 9am-7:30P F-S so we are always available

Our transmission tune is far better than the factory Normal or sport mode pattern. Should you like the stock settings better we can just keep the other transmission changes or non at all

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Just submitted a request for new tunes for the shorty headers! The LTs are officially off of my vehicle. What a pain in the a** though to install the shorty headers.... The LTs were much easier to install and remove.

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
well, hows the sounds compare?
Sponsored