Sponsored

Z/28 TO COST $75K+!!!!

trolls56

Threads
Reaction score
Oh there are a bunch of them thinking that by the time you pay dealer mark ups tax...100k+ camaro. Which doesn't seem to phase them at all. Which i don't get that at all. You get a Camaro with a bunch of left over C6 parts minus carpet a/c navigation......for the same price as a ZL1. I bet the C7Z will be much nicer faster and at this point cheaper.

qwkcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-mustang
Thank you Mustang for staying true to the bang for your buck heritage.

It will be fun watching the battles on the track whether sanctioned or HPDE.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Wow i can't believe how many of them say its a great price.
I think it is funny (like in weird) that so many on C5 seem to be saying "Wow, we are so fortunate that we can get a wonderful Camaro for only $75K".

Holy crap you guys weren't kidding! Like somebody will spend that much money on a Camaro and thrash it on a track!:doh:

Reality seems to set in on page 3:

Yeah...$75K.....no thanks. GM reached too high on this one.....the car and the price tag are epic for different reasons. I could see $60-62K, 65K tops....$75K is WAY high IMO. I get that it's purpose built and outperforming car WAY more expensive car but when you can get a 1LE with every single option under the sun for $42K....or have a base 1LE for $37,500.....that is literally LESS THAN HALF THE PRICE of a Z28 and 98% of drivers cannot even push the 1LE to it's legitimate limits......the Z28 niche market is for people who just want their d*ck to feel bigger...OR a dedicated SERIOUS weekend racer!
Trying to not let the bitterness out so good luck to those who are able to put down the coin and get an allocation for a great car. Looks like there will be 1900 of these for sale in 5-10 years with 50 miles on them and garage dust for 125k

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Some of my favorite quotes:

This is my concern as well. While I don't think the GT350 price will much more affordable; I do think Ford is wringing their hands right now like Burns from the Simpsons saying "Excellent, they published the msrp of the Z/28 and now we can blow it away with the GT350, price and all."
Yep, just like they did with the $54,995 662hp/200mph GT500 shortly after the ZL1 debuted. They love taking the wind out of our sails... you can bet they'll do it again.

Sponsored

trolls56

Threads
Reaction score
Oh man I remember all the Hitler videos about the ZL1 being best car ever to only find out about the new GT500.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
I think it is funny (like in weird) that so many on C5 seem to be saying "Wow, we are so fortunate that we can get a wonderful Camaro for only $75K".
And most of them are the exact same people that said, "$40,000 for a Mustang? That's stupid regardless of the badge/name that is on it!", when the 2007 GT500 MSRP was announced back in the day.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Oh man I remember all the Hitler videos about the ZL1 being best car ever to only find out about the new GT500.

YES! And the N. Koreans crying in the streets after their dear leader croaked.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I wonder how much longer they need to stay faithful?

I am excited to see the 2014 Z/28 race this year in USCC GT and GS classes against the remaining Boss 302's. Really excited to see it back in the SCCA...

...wait, the 2014 z28 isn't legal for competition in organized Motorsport... How silly!!

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I wonder how much longer they need to stay faithful?

I am excited to see the 2014 Z/28 race this year in USCC GT and GS classes against the remaining Boss 302's. Really excited to see it back in the SCCA...

...wait, the 2014 z28 isn't legal for competition in organized Motorsport... How silly!!

Why do you keep bitching about the Z/28 not being race legal? Neither the GT500, Boss 302, Boss 302LS, or the upcoming GT350 are race legal either. Only the 302S/R is race legal, but then what is the fun spending $85,000-100,000 on a car you can only take to a racetrack? People buy street cars, race teams buy racecars.

From your other Z/28 thread:

Spend $82,000 on a Boss 302S and you can race professionally.
Once.

How much would it take to race an entire season, assuming you don't crash or suffer mechanical failure? Then how much to be competitive?

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Why do you keep bitching about the Z/28 not being race legal? Neither the GT500, Boss 302, Boss 302LS, or the upcoming GT350 are race legal either. Only the 302S/R is race legal, but then what is the fun spending $85,000-100,000 on a car you can only take to a racetrack? People buy street cars, race teams buy racecars.

From your other Z/28 thread:

Once.

How much would it take to race an entire season, assuming you don't crash or suffer mechanical failure? Then how much to be competitive?
Nor does Ford go around marketing "Race cars" outta the GT500 and Boss 302. You CAN legally race a Boss 302 and Laguna Seca in many classes in SCCA and NASA. The Laguna was banned as well as the Carbon Package Z06... Both packages are limited... Go to ANY regional class the 5.0 GT's are eligible and you can register a Boss 302. I believe the Boss actually has a few regional titles. I believe Mid, East and South were all Boss 302 and 5.0 GT dominated. West SCCA had a single 1LE in it... No other cars raced. Ford marketed the Boss 302 as based on the Grand Am 302R, which it is. The Boss 302 was reverse engineered from Multimatic's 2010 Grand Am racecar over the course of the season. That was the angle there AND, Ford actually did their part and sanctioned the Boss in the SCCA and NASA. The Boss is in their rulebooks... The Laguna Seca bridge the gap between the 302S and Boss 302 for the more hardcore racer (see my edit). As far as I know, the Boss 302 and Laguna Seca are permitted in the SCCA. The GT500 is also permitted in single class if I remember correctly... Although, Ford still doesn't marketed it as a track focused race car... It has a touch screen...

Regional divisions can be expensive, all racing is expensive... but you have to be able to at least enter. The GT and Boss 302 are those amateur options, Boss 302 is proabably overkill for beginners .

The z28 was intentionally targeted for the "racer" and "track guys" but it was NEVER made public YOU would have difficultly. For $75,000, do you think some that heard me "bitching" may have had a change of heart based on that? If that was what they wanted it for...

For $75,000, they need to have their heads examined. To even let the idea go beyond concept was a failure. A $75,000 Race car you cannot race, have deleted comforts and you cannot drag race... What the hell are you bitching about??? On top of that, they shave times, sandbag competition and charge waaaaaaaaay tooooooo much for waaaaaaaaay toooooo little.

Edit: Oh, it was the Phoenix/Hoosier/Hawk Boss 302 Laguna Seca that chased John Buttermore's C6 Z06 in a SCCA T1 Championship. This was in September 2012. Most early competition Boss 302's were actually OEM cars that were prepped SPEC to class. Ford Racing later offered a Boss 302S (for SPEC) to get people to stop cutting up the OEM Boss 302's...

OEM Boss 302's continue to be raced Regionally throughout the SCCA and NASA in both Heat, Majors and Solo. They also kick ass at Drag racing... For $40-49k a half a decade ago...
Sponsored