Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium, PP, 401A
Installed these Opt7 turn signals without having to remove the bumper. It wasn't hard at all.

[ame]

OP
OP
Knight5.0

Knight5.0

Project Lightning
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
[ame]

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
^^^ Should have drained it into an appropriate small measuring cup that has 1/2 oz graduations. I get 3/4 to 1 oz per 1000 miles on my 2015 GT. Got the same UPR catch-can.

Hope you can get some video of the windshield replacement ... would like to see how it's done by the pros.

OP
OP
Knight5.0

Knight5.0

Project Lightning
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
^^^ Should have drained it into an appropriate small measuring cup that has 1/2 oz graduations. I get 3/4 to 1 oz per 1000 miles on my 2015 GT. Got the same UPR catch-can.

Hope you can get some video of the windshield replacement ... would like to see how it's done by the pros.
Man you are right, I thought about the measuring cup right after i filmed it. I am going to give it about 3k this time and drain into a measuring cup.

I was thinking of doing a video of that and figured no one would want to see it. lol it was actually really cool how they cut the old one out. They pushed a thin wire through in the drivers side bottom corner, wrapped it around the outer lip of the windshield and then hooked it onto a apparatus that suctioned cupped to the inside of the windshield. Then they turned a crank and puled the wire through the urethane holding the windshield in place. Then just lifted the old one out. tried to explain the best i could. also goes to show you never can tell what people may be interested in seeing. :headbang:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Knight5.0

Knight5.0

Project Lightning
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
[ame]

OP
OP
Knight5.0

Knight5.0

Project Lightning
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
[ame]

OP
OP
Knight5.0

Knight5.0

Project Lightning
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
Just a short one depicting the operation of these bad ass OPT7 arrow's, out side car at night, drive by and inside car.

[ame]

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^^ Nice turn signal upgrade, but damn they are pricey at ~$190. Like that they have built in resistors so the turn signal audio click is like factory.

OP
OP
Knight5.0

Knight5.0

Project Lightning
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
^^^ Nice turn signal upgrade, but damn they are pricey at ~$190. Like that they have built in resistors so the turn signal audio click is like factory.
True but you can sign up for the news letter and get like a 10% discount on their site. :cheers: still worth it in my opinion because they look awesome and i love the way they function.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Knight5.0

Knight5.0

Project Lightning
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
Check it out!

[ame]

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^^ I have the best luck using touch-up paint that doesn't need a clear coat. Your touch-up probably would have matched better without adding the clear. Also, I buff out just by hand using something like Mequire's Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish so no danger of burning through the clear coat.

OP
OP
Knight5.0

Knight5.0

Project Lightning
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
^^^ I have the best luck using touch-up paint that doesn't need a clear coat. Your touch-up probably would have matched better without adding the clear. Also, I buff out just by hand using something like Mequire's Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish so no danger of burning through the clear coat.
I actually used this touch up without clear on a small place on my bumper before i got the clear bra installed and it was darker. I sent a picture to dr. Color chip and they mixed another one and it looked to be exactly the same as the first when i tried it. I just figured their mix was a little off and it wasn't going to get any better. The paint pen from Ford actually matched better when I took my sample paper with both paints out into the sun the next day. So i should have used that instead.
I have done this with and without clear a few times on other cars i've had using the 3000 grit and then buffer. I knew i was close on my last sanding time but was comfortable going a little more because i figured if i burned through the dent would still have to be fix and panel painted/blended later anyway. I know you didn't ask for a long explanation, but i felt like explaining a little. :cheers:

OP
OP
Knight5.0

Knight5.0

Project Lightning
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
boom, in case anyone is interested..

[ame]

Ghoust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'm starting out blogging my cars as well. Subscribe to my channel if you want to follow along and I will do the same. The link to my channel is in my signature.
Sponsored