Sponsored

Yet Another Gem From Tune+

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
Obviously Twin Turbo isn't moderating the RS forum because he would have determined it wasn't going anywhere and locked the thread. As far as breaking forum rules, this happens quite often with comments about the EB from some members that doesn't seem to phase Twin Turbo so locking a thread on M6G has nothing to do with breaking forum rules and really shows a lack of integrity from moderators on M6G.
By your logic this post should be deleted by mods. I mean if no negative feedback is allowed
Sponsored

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
All I got out of reading that RS forum thread is reinforcement of what I've known from this forum. There is a reason Adam has a cult, bc he's a really good tuner. So he's sometimes got an attitude so what. If you don't like it you have other options so why you cryin? From the people who like Tune+ they cant say enough about how much they dig their tune, and then there are a handful of people who are salty or whatever.
The OP is a dingus I think we can all agree on that. self tuned, 22° of timing, nuf said.
tune + does a 12 or 13 second Ecoboost mustang tune for sure, but you can get that with any tuning company, or get 1/2 your warranty and buy the Ford tune, with less attitude and or drama.

I give kudos to the original poster that he's tuning his car himself, he should befriend a good Ecoboost tuner and ask for a bit of help, he has found out that you cant run the timing that high in one of these engines the hard way, but I admire that he's attempting it himself.

The head gasket deal isn't huge, it will work into the block after the head bounces off the deck a few times :lol: but it definitely separates a real engine builder from an engine assembler.

Last edited:

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost (Ingot Silver)
Take it u didn't read the part about -7 knock being blamed on fuel. Then the member begging Adam to take a look at the tune because it kept showing a ton of negative knock. Or the part where he sent the wrong tune because he got the emails mixed up and the motor blew shortly after.
I skimmed over a lot of it but I also don't believe everything that I read on a forum. At a certain point it just turned into a witch hunt, I don't know that I would have even done a double take if someone was calling for pitchforks and torches. I thought all of adams responses rekt the OP just like in this thread.
just my opinion of course and I don't owe Adam anything, I'll be going with him after my FP tune warranty is up. I mainly just like these squabbles bc I'm bored at work hahah.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
if you are in North or Central jersey, Ill let you test drive my Tune+ car.
Nothing but great results from Adam for me.
I would like to feel and drive a 12 sec eco. I will have to weight the costs/benefits when the 2018 arrive to trade up or invest in adding a inter cooler w/ tune.

Right now just Ford Performance intake + tune that does not even make 300 whp.

Back on topic, it looks like the OP took it to the shop to see if it was salvageable, which is likely wasn't, and whoever the mechanic was stated a few opinions about the engine build that he used as ammunition. I am not going to pretend to know anything about engine mechanics when it comes to these specifics, but someone has to explain if their is any validity in the claims if the head gasket does not seal properly.

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
I would like to feel and drive a 12 sec eco. I will have to weight the costs/benefits when the 2018 arrive to trade up or invest in adding a inter cooler w/ tune.

Right now just Ford Performance intake + tune that does not even make 300 whp.

Back on topic, it looks like the OP took it to the shop to see if it was salvageable, which is likely wasn't, and whoever the mechanic was stated a few opinions about the engine build that he used as ammunition. I am not going to pretend to know anything about engine mechanics when it comes to these specifics, but someone has to explain if their is any validity in the claims if the head gasket does not seal properly.
I can tell you my car was night and day. Stock it went 13.64 at 100. Now it's a 12.6 car at over 108 with the mods in my sig. It is very worth the tiny investment.

Sponsored

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
ibtl :bolt:

stage3s4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, PP, CO
I can't tell you how many times I have read threads like this over the years on all different platforms. Tuners come and go like the wind around my neck of the woods. Look up any tuner and I guarantee you will find some bad publicity on them. Something along the lines of "xxxx tuner blew up my engine". Its just the nature of the beast. Too many variables and not enough evidence to really prove anything.

Tuners can all claim customers are #1 but lets be honest making money is #1 for them. So bad publicity is going to hurt their bottom line. They will do whatever is necessary to make sure "their" tune is the fastest, safest, etc. They will also never gave away their "trade secrets" or want to really help you "self tune" your car because that is food out of their mouth. So the response the guy on the RS forums received is not surprising in the least.

Thankful for me I started tuning my own vehicles and don't have to really deal with this nonsense anymore. 15 plus years of the same song and dance is enough for me.
Sponsored