Sponsored

Xpel shop giving me hard time fixing defects - what to expect ?

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
I had my full car done with Xpel and after first picking up the car there were many defects, edges that weren't connected properly, bubbles in some dark corners of the car, places where the film looked warped even though it was a straight piece of the car and about 5 places where there is something trapped under the film.

Had the car back in to their shop for 2 weeks and they only fixed the easy things, most of them right at the spot when I picked it up because I wasn't pleased, that only took them 20 mins.

There is a few things I would like to get some more information on what to expect with Xpel, they'll contact me soon they had to get their boss involved probably because fixing the current issues would result in a net loss to them.

So there is a few issues left I would like to know what you guys think about it:
#1 the most obvious issues are the ~5 places where there is dust or w/e trapped under the film in very easy to see places, some are big enough to also trap air with them making them very obvious. Others they say are defects in the paint eventhough they told me twice that the paint was amazing with no issues...... In those 20 mins they also removed something from under the film that was at an edge with a knife so hope the paint is ok.

#2 none covered area's, I mean you pay for FULL Xpel clue should be in the name. But there were some pieces without Xpel on them, the front hood vents only had Xpel towards the front of the car, the mirrors have no cover on the side, the whole back area around the licence plate wasn't covered and the black plastic trim around the tail lights isn't covered. They proceeded to cover the back area around the license plate and the two hood vents, but since they just added film there is obvious lines in the film. Might be hard to do those bits as part of the pre-cut stuff dunno. They didn't want to do the sides of the mirrors because it's normally not done and the black trim around the tail lights is too difficult. Those black plastic pieces scratch so stupidly easy and it's ugly already.

#3 Part of the film around the GT emblem at the back has a slight warped almost melted look to it. Doubt that's supposed to be like that.

I paid a heafty amount of money for this film at a well respected shop in my country and I was expecting more than what I am getting so far.

What am I supposed to expect from a full Xpel job ?
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
For a full job, you really shouldn't be able to see any seams or really notice it anywhere. I'd take clear pictures to send to Xpel directly. I'm not sure how much their warranty will cover in terms of potentially labor at another shop, but that's what I would hope full.

For the non covered areas, I'm not sure if anything really should be around the tail lights, did they cover the headlights as well? Headlights and others should have been done the first time though.