Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
I have an appointment with the dealer on Monday to order a MY21 GT and was recently on Mustang Club of America attemping to get my X-plan pin #. It wont let you choose MY21 ,only MY2020.Should I wait on ordering till I get a number or should I be able to still order without one? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I have an appointment with the dealer on Monday to order a MY21 GT and was recently on Mustang Club of America attemping to get my X-plan pin #. It wont let you choose MY21 ,only MY2020.Should I wait on ordering till I get a number or should I be able to still order without one? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
That will be up to the dealer. They may let you order the car but not give you plan pricing until you have the number.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Just an FYI if you work a dealer you can normally get better than x plan pricing.
Ford you can’t do better than a/z
Chevy and dodge will actually go under a/z plan pricing just in case you ever cross shop for things.

Pronichkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv (totaled by a puma); 2021 GT Conv PP1
I contacted the local dealer couple weeks ago. Told them I want a 2021 Mustang. At first, they told me they knew nothing and I'd have to wait for the banks to open. After a week of me asking different questions they suddenly changed their mind and told me I can come and place the order any day. Probably they figured I was serious and ready to put my money on it, or did not want to lose me to another dealership. (I did not threaten them not a single word.) Who knows.

I went in and placed the order. Told them I want X-Plan. Did not even have to mention the PIN. (I too cannot get a PIN for 2021 yet, the website only offers 2020.) They asked me who I work for (I have X-Plan because of my employer.) I answered, and they just got me the X-Plan price right away. Did not need any PIN or proof of employment whatsoever.

They might of course ask for that once the car is there and I come back for it. But then it'll be 2021 already, so hopefully I'll be able to quickly grab a PIN if needed.

OP
OP
Justpassingas

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
I contacted the local dealer couple weeks ago. Told them I want a 2021 Mustang. At first, they told me they knew nothing and I'd have to wait for the banks to open. After a week of me asking different questions they suddenly changed their mind and told me I can come and place the order any day. Probably they figured I was serious and ready to put my money on it, or did not want to lose me to another dealership. (I did not threaten them not a single word.) Who knows.

I went in and placed the order. Told them I want X-Plan. Did not even have to mention the PIN. (I too cannot get a PIN for 2021 yet, the website only offers 2020.) They asked me who I work for (I have X-Plan because of my employer.) I answered, and they just got me the X-Plan price right away. Did not need any PIN or proof of employment whatsoever.

They might of course ask for that once the car is there and I come back for it. But then it'll be 2021 already, so hopefully I'll be able to quickly grab a PIN if needed.

I told the dealer I didn't have a PIN # but he still gave me the ESTIMATED X-Plan price and said no worries. However during the order process the dealer for whatever reason was unable to order the B&O Sound system that I wanted so I did not put a deposit down till Ford updates their Build & Price page and I can get the options I want so I'll be back at the dealer soon to finalize everything once that happens...And as was said you "Just an FYI if you work a dealer you can normally get better than x plan pricing."
Sponsored