Quarter Horse

Deathstroke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium
Take your car in and tell the dealer. Ford requested all four wheels and rims back. Mine was most noticeable around 30MPH and when braking from higher speeds.

My dealer installed the new tires and rims last Thursday due to the same noise. All four of my wheels were worn on the inside. Something with the suspension. Car drives great now with whatever tweaks they made. Car had 5800 on the ticker.
Sponsored

Mach550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PREM
Take your car in and tell the dealer. Ford requested all four wheels and rims back. Mine was most noticeable around 30MPH and when braking from higher speeds.

My dealer installed the new tires and rims last Thursday due to the same noise. All four of my wheels were worn on the inside. Something with the suspension. Car drives great now with whatever tweaks they made. Car had 5800 on the ticker.
What with the suspension? Too much camber if the tires where worn on the inside? Front or Rear?

Quarter Horse

Deathstroke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium
What with the suspension? Too much camber if the tires where worn on the inside? Front or Rear?
Not sure. Service guy wouldn't say. Just that Ford was requesting all four wheels back and would replace them. Service guy did say they did a fresh alignment and "tweak" to the suspension. I left it at that. If it happens again Ill be back.

OP
OP

Kronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Lucky... They just say they cant find an issue on mine. Or charge for two tires that doesnt fix the issues

rffanat1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Race Red
Hey Kronos, does your car sound like this? I have the same sound and am going to the dealer Friday

Sponsored

Mach550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PREM
I fixed my noise. It was a bad rear left bearing. Replaced the hub assembly and now its perfect.

OP
OP

Kronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Yes it does sound close to that. Mine is a slightly different tone, but same frequency or rhythm as yours. Let me know what ends up happening at the dealer

Hey Kronos, does your car sound like this? I have the same sound and am going to the dealer Friday

rffanat1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kronos, dealer says all tires have feathering and some brands are just "crap." Said their #1 guy looked at it and there was no issue with wheel bearings so he says.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Kronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Are pirelli p zero's the crap ones he is talking about. But Italian made

Kronos, dealer says all tires have feathering and some brands are just "crap." Said their #1 guy looked at it and there was no issue with wheel bearings so he says.

OP
OP

Kronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Doesnt feathering mean your camber is off?

rffanat1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes lol. My wife's C-Max has a set of Pirelli's on them and I noticed today the same noise is starting to creep in....at least I have 30,000 on those

OP
OP

Kronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Pirelli's on a c max sounds dumb. Weird choice. They are preformance tires. I'm sure they are all season vs my summers but still. I don't think they're known for ride comfort. I knew "tire noise" was an issue, that that just means the constant whooshing that I hear as it contacts the ground because of the stickiness. Not rhythmic thumping and flapping.

Yes lol. My wife's C-Max has a set of Pirelli's on them and I noticed today the same noise is starting to creep in....at least I have 30,000 on those
Sponsored