Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
#RANT.
I have posted a couple of WTB’s over the few years, I get inundated with scam contacts wanting to let me know that some guy called Roger has whatever I need for sale. It takes a few mails and an assessment of their quality of English to realize that they are a scam seller…
I’ve had this on Rims, Race seats, cage and a few more..
When the integrity of the seller is questioned and their forum membership investigated, they all of a sudden stop with their contact and replies.

Step to a recent WTB.. quite an innocent request for someone who has not fitted the harder Diff bushings from Steeda,….
I get a PM, all looks good, a member of some years, was open that he didn’t have the hardware, just bushings.. I checked out his posts, past history and all seemed OK.
We came to. Deal, sale agreed..!
Apple Pay, have his Email address, cell number.

NOTHING for 2 weeks.. no tracking, goods received or response from said member..
Not a great sum of money, but how can the forum mods allow this to happen..?
I have reported the member, but had no feedback from the mods, more text messages..

Then I get a reply.. said “they were sent like last Friday”. Which both he and I know is total Bull.

So.. my advice to anyone buying on this site within the Marketplace.. do your homework.. trust no one.. assume you are being scammed…. It is clearly your responsibility to check as the forum Moderators are not picking up these scam sellers.

I would like to believe that my fake seller has made a genuine mistake, forgot or has been negligent…. But that is a fairy story. I can’t be the only one..!!

#RANTOVER
Sponsored

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Thank you for posting. Things like this have to be addressed.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
It sucks, the amount of PM's I get when I post something is ridiculous. Eventually someone will get burned by these scammers.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I would never use these forums to buy or sell.

There is no way this forum or any other can stop these scams. They would need a team of full time people to verify everything to keep us safe. Even eBay can't do it.

Sucks. I just pay full price/retail for all my things and avoid the hassle.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I wont buy anything without using PayPal and paying the 3% goods or services fee, so you’re covered in case of crap like this.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Hey that's a 2 way street .......

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I say post the forum member’s name here publicly so no one else gets burned.

letos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andriy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost
#RANT.
I have posted a couple of WTB’s over the few years, I get inundated with scam contacts wanting to let me know that some guy called Roger has whatever I need for sale. It takes a few mails and an assessment of their quality of English to realize that they are a scam seller…
I’ve had this on Rims, Race seats, cage and a few more..
When the integrity of the seller is questioned and their forum membership investigated, they all of a sudden stop with their contact and replies.

Step to a recent WTB.. quite an innocent request for someone who has not fitted the harder Diff bushings from Steeda,….
I get a PM, all looks good, a member of some years, was open that he didn’t have the hardware, just bushings.. I checked out his posts, past history and all seemed OK.
We came to. Deal, sale agreed..!
Apple Pay, have his Email address, cell number.

NOTHING for 2 weeks.. no tracking, goods received or response from said member..
Not a great sum of money, but how can the forum mods allow this to happen..?
I have reported the member, but had no feedback from the mods, more text messages..

Then I get a reply.. said “they were sent like last Friday”. Which both he and I know is total Bull.

So.. my advice to anyone buying on this site within the Marketplace.. do your homework.. trust no one.. assume you are being scammed…. It is clearly your responsibility to check as the forum Moderators are not picking up these scam sellers.

I would like to believe that my fake seller has made a genuine mistake, forgot or has been negligent…. But that is a fairy story. I can’t be the only one..!!

#RANTOVER
its because you've use ApplePay and not a Paypal G&S - only one safe way to both lol

Sound Wave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50th Anniversary Limited Edition MT
Vehicle Showcase
The one that scammed me cancelled his account after I sent my payment. He probably had several accounts on here. Strange part is that after he cancelled his account, the PMs disappeared too.

OP
OP
Bridgie

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
That’s easy .. after another week of no contact or goods received….

EFFFF644-DB04-4883-84BC-0D04670D8E51.jpeg

Sponsored

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Hey has anyone ever done business w JOSHUA GARCIA??? I was looking for a roush decklid, and I get a PM, not a public on forum reply. He only has been a member since oct2021 and has 2 post replies. Seems very fishy. Then wants to a transaction on paypal via F&F.. It seem like a fraud to me.. let me know guys.
Thanks Anthony

Screenshot_20211018-232630_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sound Wave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50th Anniversary Limited Edition MT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey has anyone ever done business w JOSHUA GARCIA??? I was looking for a roush decklid, and I get a PM, not a public on forum reply. He only has been a member since oct2021 and has 2 post replies. Seems very fishy. Then wants to a transaction on paypal via F&F.. It seem like a fraud to me.. let me know guys.
Thanks Anthony
I have never done business with him. I would never do a friends and family. I would rather pay the extra 3% to cover the cost. At least that way you know you are protected.

Maybe because I have been burned, but I wouldn't deal with an unestablished member.

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I have never done business with him. I would never do a friends and family. I would rather pay the extra 3% to cover the cost. At least that way you know you are protected.

Maybe because I have been burned, but I wouldn't deal with an unestablished member.
Thanks soundwave. That's what I was thinking, new member. No history, no posts.. and the F&F isnt feeling right. I dont think I'm gonna do $300 transaction for roush decklid.
Thanks Anthony

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)

I'm gonna tell him I wanna do paypal at 3%.. and see what he says. He gave me his name and address. But that doesnt mean shit

DirtyTx210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
Gt350
I just got a dm from him too. Selling catless mid pipes. I am skeptical as well. And I'm gonna stay away because I noticed the same thing.
Sponsored