Sponsored

Wow, Ford has come a long way.

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I approve of every substitution on this list!

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
Me too I would rather have each substitution over the original.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Sorry but some of those vehicles are not even close other than spec numbers. You can't even put a Hyundai in the same sentence with a Rolls-Royce!! I'm actually offended at comparing the RangeRover with the Explorer. Even the Mercedes to the Chrysler 300 is a long stretch. And I love my Mustang but an M-4,,,, really? RangeRover,Mercedes, Rolls-Royce and BMW are in a class by them selfs! I understand the point of the article but I think they missed it on most. ,,,,,,, IMO

Sponsored

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
I agree with you for the price, and the performance but the overall total vehicle quality of the M4 is far superior.

Joshg120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
M4 is certaintly a superior car but at twice the price, shouldn't it be??

Sammzway

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (traded) / 16 Acura MDX
I agree with you for the price, and the performance but the overall total vehicle quality of the M4 is far superior.
Absolutely not. I have a few family members that own C63 and M3/M4s and based on their experience, the price doesn't equate to the vehicle being superior. They're constantly driving loaner vehicles because their car is in for repair. Additionally, they're always upset about the inconvenience this causes.

When their car runs well, it's phenomenal. I'm not sure if it's worth forking out so much money and then deal with the same issues as cars in the 30k-40k range.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
Maybe I misinterpreted the point of the article. My take was if you can't afford this car the other is just as good at a cheaper price. I don't think you can compare some of the European vehicles to the Ford Chevy Or Chrysler. Ford Chevy and Chrysler make very good vehicles for the price, but you can't compare them to the Range Rover's, Mercedes, or Rolls-Royce.

Sponsored

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
My wife's 2013 550 GT XI was an outstanding car, I to be honest have no experience with the 4 series. But everything inside and out on that car was top-of-the-line quality. Yes you do pay for it and no it's probably not worth what we did pay for it but a super nice vehicle.
Again I love my Mustang GT and would buy one over an M4 every day of the week but I don't think you can compare the two vehicles.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
i wanted a Lexus RCF, but it was going to be near 79k MSRP. Got a loaded GT instead. I wanted a V8, not the lawnmower sounding turbo cars.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
i wanted a Lexus RCF, but it was going to be near 79k MSRP. Got a loaded GT instead. I wanted a V8, not the lawnmower sounding turbo cars.
Good call on that on!!!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Maybe I misinterpreted the point of the article. My take was if you can't afford this car the other is just as good at a cheaper price. I don't think you can compare some of the European vehicles to the Ford Chevy Or Chrysler. Ford Chevy and Chrysler make very good vehicles for the price, but you can't compare them to the Range Rover's, Mercedes, or Rolls-Royce.
I think the point is: If you would like one of those cars but don't have or don't want to spend that kind of money, those others would be a good fit for you.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
comparing a G-wagon to a Wrangler? GTFO
Sponsored