wiring aftermarket fans using factory harness question

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I bought a shroud off FB that will allow me to run a couple aftermarket fans, the reason I am doing this is to give a little more room between the fans and the front of the motor (blower air filter sits on the factory shroud, with the new shroud there is space between it and the blower air filter, not to mention much more space up front). The fans I am using Maradyne High Performance Fans M122K Maradyne Champion Series Electric Fans | Summit Racing

From the diagram below...Cooling motor fan 2, looks simple black ground and brown is power. Cooling motor fan 1, trying to understand it . I think violet is power and yellow is ground, and somehow the relays use cooling fan 1 on a low and a high speed. I assume LFC (on the bottow of the diagram) is low flow cooling, when this shuts fan control relay 1, the violet wire receives power, but the yellow wire at this point goes through fan control relay 2 (no signal on HFC yet) then to the unpowered side of cooling fan 2. Once HFC sends a signal, Fan Control relay 2 closes and then the yellow wire goes to ground.

My plan was to hook fan 2 up power to brown, ground to black; fan 1 power to violet and ground to yellow. Will this work? My other option is to just wire in relays and a switch, but then I have to remember to turn them on. It is for all purposes a race car at this point, this would be ok but would rather use the factory wiring.

fan diagram.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Well, think I got it. Was talking my EE buddy through it trying to figure it out. LFC, the number one and two fan are in series. I had forgotten about running things in series, one ground to the hot; diagram makes sense and is probably how they accomplish low and high speeds on the fans. I'll wire it up and see if it works.

OP
OP

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Wired it up, works like factory.
Sponsored