Window Tint

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Going to tint windows soon, will probably go with 15-20% which I know is very dark, but think will look amazing on black car. Best place in my local area uses LLumar, trying to decide between ATR metallic or CTX ceramic. Any known problems with metallic tint interference on car (GPS or anything else)? I also wear polarized sunglasses so something that "rainbows" the least would be preferred.
Thx!
Sponsored

TORQUEJUNKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche Gray Track Pack
I went with ceramic tints. It removes any chance of interference with gps, radio...etc. also ceramic tints have a slightly higher heat rejection factor than metallic tints.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
ceramic doesnt rainbow. It will also retain its color for longer.

If you drive west in the afternoons, get the windshield strip done as well.

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
I went with Huper Optik ceramic 20%. This tint doesn't rainbow with polarized lenses and isn't very dark compared to other 20% tints. Also, it's reflective in appearance. I went with a 6-8" stripe on top of the windshield too, highly recommended.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
We have some limitations in CA, but im planning on doing full Cermaic all across the windows.

Sponsored

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
Used a 3m ceramic tint on our black 2016, the installer had a lighter one that he said was legal for windshield, so all windows done and it has made a difference, don't see any distortion in all driving conditions, day or night.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
We have some limitations in CA, but im planning on doing full Cermaic all across the windows.
3m also makes a clear, UV blocking & heat reflecting 100% clear film that goes on the inside of the glass.

It works wonders to maintain your dash and prevent dashboard cracking.

OP
OP
rb92gt

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Great Idea

3m also makes a clear, UV blocking & heat reflecting 100% clear film that goes on the inside of the glass.

It works wonders to maintain your dash and prevent dashboard cracking.
Interesting, this is a great idea, I will use ceramic as everyone recommends and do a clear on the front. Florida sun is brutal in the summer.

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
There is a lightly tinted ceramic that is legal in Florida for the front windshield, it's the 3m product, if I can find the papers I will forward it to u, it isn't dark enough to be an issue at night or in fog or rain. And so far no issues with law enforcement.
It's made a huge difference and it kinda dresses up the car.

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
3M crystalline 70 is what I think was used on the front windshield

Sponsored

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I did 5% on all the windows and 50% Ceramic full windshield. Once you go darker the cost of the ceramic really doesn't make since. It's double the price and even my tint guy said it's not worth it for the darker tints. The windshield is a must though in ceramic... Yes mine is very dark but that's the point :cool: My F250, Raptor and RS are tinted exactly the same. The F250 isn't ceramic though since it was done a while ago but I think I'm going to have it redone in ceramic.

Cfirekirch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Did they have to remove your guys' door panels to install the film? From what I'm understanding some shops do and some don't. It would be nice if they didn't have to.

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
Did they have to remove your guys' door panels to install the film? From what I'm understanding some shops do and some don't. It would be nice if they didn't have to.
I would pass on a shop that wants to remove door panels, watching my tint go on in an hour with little mess means it should be as easy for you as it was for me.

Spartanator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Stage 3 Roush
Went with 35% on sides, 17% on rear (Ceramic). I stayed within my local laws. The guy "locked" my doors when he did the install so the window stayed at full up until he was done. Gave the usual advice to not touch windows or use a switch for 2-3 days. I didn't touch them for a week. Happy with them now that they fixed a quarter panel window since it was really windy that day and some debris got in between. Total time was about an hour and 20 minutes, $299 with tax. My door panels stayed on the car. Good luck getting me to ok you to remove parts....
Sponsored