hindkjaer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 5.0
Hi.

I have a 2018 EU Mustang 5.0 and would like to fit a new set of summerwheels without the tires going outside the standard fenders or hitting calipers etc. I am considering italian Savini BM14 rims in 20 inch with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires in 255/35 20x8.5J and 275/35 20x10.0J. ET front is 35 and back 45. http://saviniwheels.com/black-di-forza/bm14/

The car is standard ET front is 45 and back 52.5. What do you say to that setup?
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Those offsets look fine, so the fit should be really pretty good! Slightly more aggressive offset than stock, but nothing extreme and no poke past the fenders.

That said, personally I don't see any reason to go narrower than a 9" wheel in front and there are a ton of good 10" ET40 or ET35 offset square setups for our cars. I also don't like cast construction much. Cast barrels will bend a lot easier than the many good flow formed options out there (anecdotally, I've bent two cast Ford wheels and bent zero flow-forged aftermarket wheels, despite driving 3x as much on the aftermarket wheels).

But if you like how they look and you aren't overpaying for a cast wheel, then go for it, they should fit well.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yes, the offsets look fine. But offsets only keep your tires from hitting the fenders or the shock. You also have to consider brake clearance, especially if the have the larger brembo brakes. Unfortunately that may be a guessing game with Italian wheels that have likely never been fitted to a Mustang before.

But I second Nightmare in questioning your sizes. What do you want out of the car/wheels? Bigger (wider) looks better and performs better. I wouldn't consider less than a 275 tire or a 9.5" wheel either front or rear. The Mustang is fairly heavy and can use more tire. I particularly don't like using a front wheel 1/2" narrower than the PP1 combined with a rear wheel 1/2" wider. Seems like a recipe for understeer and not desirable unless you are building a straight line only drag car.
Sponsored