Sponsored

Why the V6 is the Best Choice

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
When the big tunes become available for the V6 you'll see a lot of decent times pile up rather quickly. I'm still waiting to see what the V-6 on the new platform is capable of with the tune before I make the final decision.

There were V6s with bolt ons, tune, and tires from the old platform that were actually very fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

VIN666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Tunes are available from Unleashed.
Seems to work pretty well for Joe Stang.

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
im wondering when the v6 turbos from the f150s will make their way into the mustangs, thatll be interesting for sure.

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
When the big tunes become available for the V6 you'll see a lot of decent times pile up rather quickly. I'm still waiting to see what the V-6 on the new platform is capable of with the tune before I make the final decision.

There were V6s with bolt ons, tune, and tires from the old platform that were actually very fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How fast? Could the V6 get into the 12's still NA?

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Tunes are available from Unleashed.
Seems to work pretty well for Joe Stang.
Tunes are available but the tune from Unleashed is not that aggressive like how Bama has the performance tune and then the race tune for the s197's. But it does help for sure.

Sponsored

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)

VIN666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Do you think they can fix that down the road?

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Yes all in due time. Tunes are going to be available soon I'm sure.

VIN666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
I mean do you think Unleashed will make theirs more aggressive?

midnite9150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GT
I really liked my 2012 V6, it was very quick and fun to drive especially with the performance package. However its already been proven that the aftermarket will respond much much stronger to the ecoboost. But if that isn't a concern than the v6 is a good option.

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Are the unleashed tunes for the v6 done by the same guy who does the EB tunes? (Torrie)

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I mean do you think Unleashed will make theirs more aggressive?
He said he would make me a more aggressive tune but I needed to log my data with my tuner and I haven't yet. Another user was supposed to as well and I haven't heard from him about it either.

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Jamo

Jamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra Coupe
Are a stock V6 and stock EcoBoost with the same axle, say 3.55, about the same to 30? to 60? to a 100? In the 1/4?

How much does the eB change with a tune?

I'm not being a wiseacre, I just want to know. I like the eB primarily because the wheels on the PP look so great, and the whole PP package. Of course, I have a V6 coming. But there is this YYY eB PP around here someplace. I sure like those wheels.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Are a stock V6 and stock EcoBoost with the same axle, say 3.55, about the same to 30? to 60? to a 100? In the 1/4?

How much does the eB change with a tune?

I'm not being a wiseacre, I just want to know. I like the eB primarily because the wheels on the PP look so great, and the whole PP package. Of course, I have a V6 coming. But there is this YYY eB PP around here someplace. I sure like those wheels.
They EB and V6 are honestly just a drivers race in all of those because they are pretty close, but the EB should technically have the edge because it has much more torque down low.

Stock EB with a tune vs a stock V6 with a tune, the EB will always be looking at a V6 in the rearview for all of those categories (30, 60, 100, 1/4). Livernois ran a 12.6 with their tune and tire EB. That puts it on par with or beating a stock GT.

There is also an unleashed customer (mbreinin) who ran 12.8 with tune and intake. A Livernois customer(tittermary) who ran 12.7 with tune, thermostat, intake. And a Bama customer (starlord) ran 13.00 with Bama tune, dp, IC, intake

I'm sure the V6 has the potential to be go high 12s with full bolt-ons and and a tune but it will be much harder. As much as you have been asking this same question repeatedly I feel like you should just get what you want. The V6 is GREAT and bulletproof but it doesn't have the same modding characteristics or an available performance package
Sponsored

Last edited: