Why no proper 401a premium package ?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
So why is it that RHD markets only get a half hearted premium package ? We get the door trims but not the premium leather, memory seats and wrapped dash tops. All seems a bit odd really as the parts don't seem to be specific to the steering wheel position.
Sponsored

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Door trims, there may have been a cost analysis that indicated volumes for RHD (driver's side door switch pack) didn't support leather trim.

Memory seats would have required a symetrically opposite, RHS, switch pack for memory & again I'd suspect volumes didn't support this.

Therefore, installing leather trimmed panel on top of the dash, would of looked out of place with the faux leather on the door trim panels.

Then finally, if an OEM thinks the target market will tolerate cost cutting as you've described, they'll do it.

And Ford are right, I've bought a car with an interior not befitting a ÂŁ45k car.
But none of the Audi cars I've owned made a sound like the GT.

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
As far as I can tell we do get the door trims the same - I don't think either are proper leather.

The main differences are as stated - The switches are common to many Fords (My Mondeo has the memory seat switches). The dash tops look symmetrical and the seats likewise
Sponsored