Sponsored

Why doesn't Ford use the 3.5l twin turbo in the Mustang?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJAMARA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT triple yellow
My wife is interested in picking up a convertible. She loves the growl of a V8, but also knows that she won't use the HP and doesn't want the mpg that driving a v8 would involve.

Right now she has a 2015 Lexus GT350 that we purchased new. She/We can afford to buy a v8. If she chooses to get a 4 turbo or a 6, it won't be because she can't afford a v8.

Whatever helps you sleep at night boss
Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Cause a v8 mustang is sooo expensive.Quite a few eb's optioned well above the cost of a v8. Money has nothing to do with some people's purchase decision.
Anybody who feels the need to constantly talk down on engine choice is lying to themselves and trying to feel better about shortcomings in other areas of their life.
Loaded EB's around here are a couple thousand below the price of a Base GT.

JJAMARA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT triple yellow
Cause a v8 mustang is sooo expensive.Quite a few eb's optioned well above the cost of a v8. Money has nothing to do with some people's purchase decision.
Anybody who feels the need to constantly talk down on engine choice is lying to themselves and trying to feel better about shortcomings in other areas of their life.

I'm not down talking anyone. You want a 4 or 6 cylinder mustang go for it. We all know why people are really buying one that's all Happy thanks giving. We need people to buy them. Otherwise the mustang will go away.

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
I'm not down talking anyone. You want a 4 or 6 cylinder mustang go for it. We all know why people are really buying one that's all Happy thanks giving. We need people to buy them. Otherwise the mustang will go away.
Who's this "we" you speak of? You must be some kinda mind reader or something. You must know about every Mustang owner on the face of the planet who ever lived, ever. Wanna share your magic V8-ball powers with the rest of us? Why didn't I buy a GT? :shrug:

Or maybe a better question is why didn't you buy a GT350? Your excuses are impeccable! :lol:

JJAMARA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT triple yellow
Who's this "we" you speak of? You must be some kinda mind reader or something. You must know about every Mustang owner on the face of the planet who ever lived, ever. Wanna share your magic V8-ball powers with the rest of us? Why didn't I buy a GT? :shrug:

Or maybe a better question is why didn't you buy a GT350? Your excuses are impeccable! :lol:
Cant afford one, so you bought the ecoboost or a hipster! My guess zing I kid I kid.

I would get a 350 when they decide to put auto in it. ��

Like the car though. �� Bet the Tune is nice

I'll stop since everyone is getting butt hurt over my hate for 4 and 6 cylinder mustang.

Sponsored

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
4 and 6 cylinder mustangs are sold to the masses that can't afford a V8. Any one that says otherwise is a lying. To make themselves fell good for buying a fake mustang.
Less than 50 posts and you're the 1st member on my ignore list..nice work :tsk:

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Loaded EB's around here are a couple thousand below the price of a Base GT.
Not around here. At time of purchase granted one of the first in late dec 14. Msrp was 37500 base Gt was 32 I believe.

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
Cant afford one so your bought ecoboost or a hipster! My guess zing

I would get a 350 when they decide to put auto in it.
Oh not at all. my optioned and ordered EB cost just under the price of a base GT with no options. I could've easily gotten a GT no questions asked. affording a GT is easy, whether or not you want to pay that insurance at 21 is completely different though. :cheers:

And I'm sorry, knocking on V6s and EBs when you're presumably driving an auto based on your comment?!? Like shooting yourself in the foot, isn't it? :lol:

I thought driving an auto was sacrilegious in the world of machismo and sausage measuring along with whether or not you drive a V8? Something about manuals being superior to autos I've seen on here, you must be going against the grain. How edgy of you, sir.:cheers:

Not criticizing you on what you drive, it's your car after all, as created by Ford, just like every Mustang on here.:ford:

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
That's just it. You don't know why, you assume.For some sure lower cost is appealing for others money doesn't factor. Either way yours is no better or worse than others no matter what you think.

JJAMARA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT triple yellow
:lol::lol::lol: Such machismo. Settle down there, killer.

A Mustang is a Mustang regardless of what engine it leaves the factory with. Again, allow me to quote Iacocca's speech at the Mustang's introduction at the '64 World's Fair and then re-read your idiotic statement. :ford:

:ford:
I love that speech you found that's awesome. I love the last two sentences. Lol

yes I drive and auto. Faster than a stick shift and don't like driving in traffic with a stick have fun with that.

Sponsored

JJAMARA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT triple yellow

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
I love that speech you found that's awesome. I love the last two sentences. Lol

yes I drive and auto. Faster than a stick shift and don't like driving in traffic with a stick have fun with that.
It is faster than a stick, no disputing that. But I've no trouble driving stick around Metro Detroit at any time of the day. I've done rush hour on 696, 96, and M10, and Woodward during the Dream Cruise with no complaints.

This winter is gonna be most exciting!:thumbsup:

JJAMARA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT triple yellow
It is faster than a stick, no disputing that. But I've no trouble driving stick around Metro Detroit at any time of the day. I've done rush hour on 696, 96, and M10, and Woodward during the Dream Cruise with no complaints.

This winter is gonna be most exciting!:thumbsup:
When you get older you won't. enjoy while you can. Mine is going to sleep for the winter soon and I'll pull out the electric focus bahahahaha :cheers:

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
You seem new to the forums. There are many people on here like me that cant afford a V8 and you are insulting peoples financial ability to buy a car that is much more expensive. I also have a wife, kid, rent, and parents who struggle therefore i cannot just throw my money away on a car. So please be mindful of others situations before deciding to insult them because they cant afford what you have. I really dont understand your hate for our cars but please keep that crap to yourself because your making it an unfriendly environment.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
This thread needs to get back on track, or it'll be closed.

One good reason why the 3.5 Ecoboost isn't going in the S550? It doesn't fit. At least, not with the clearances that Ford require for production. I would expect Ford will ensure the S650 is designed to accept it, though :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.