Advertisement

Why Automatics Are Better Than Manuals

Sivi70980

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1
Have driven both and enjoyed them both for what they were. I do prefer manual so got one. The A10 was the best auto I've driven though. Either way, it's a badass sounding and looking car.

Mikthehun1

Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
19 GT a10, 19 Charger Scat Pack
A clutch pedal is more efficient than a torque converter because it is relying off of human interaction. But thank you Mr. Sarcastic. Everyone loves your useless anecdote.
Dude, the human is the inefficient part. Embrace the cold, unfeeling machine.

ice445

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
As good as modern autos are, they still can't read my mind and are thus inferior. I know the MT82 has a reputation, but I really love how it feels. There was a time about a year ago that I was fully on the DCT hype train. It was the best of both worlds. But you know what? I got bored. Get that weak paddle shit out of here, lol. Its just never as satisfying. Sure ill lose races to autos, but given I don't race on the street to begin with, I can live with that.

Shadow277

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
For most Americans, practically speaking: yes. Theoritically? No. You're bringing in an outside force to operate the clutch as opposed to an automatic that must, drive itself automatically. Automatics are inheriently less efficient because of complexity. There is a reason why it costs more to research, it costs more to develope, and it costs more to buy it. It is more resource intensive than a manual. Add those variables to the manual and the manual should be theoritically faster. Again, look at Chevy.

Mikthehun1

Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
For most Americans, practically speaking: yes. Theoritically? No. You're bringing in an outside force to operate the clutch as opposed to an automatic that must, drive itself automatically. Automatics are inheriently less efficient because of complexity. There is a reason why it costs more to research, it costs more to develope, and it costs more to buy it. It is more resource intensive than a manual. Add those variables to the manual and the manual should be theoritically faster. Again, look at Chevy.
I'm genuinely trying to understand what you mean when you use the word "inefficient". Are you referring to parasitic losses?

Rapid Red

Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed>GT PP2XRL1
Vehicle Showcase
The question is have is - Have the manual guys driven the A10?

Do they care .....?....me thinks that would be not. ;-)

Another advantage for the manual box ....... can push start the car.... roll down a hill start the car.

Mikthehun1

Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
Do they care .....?....me thinks that would be not. ;-)

Another advantage for the manual box ....... can push start the car.... roll down a hill start the car.
:crackup::crackup::crackup:
I should make a Shit Manual Diehards Say bingo card. I knew someone would bring this up. Maybe if I drove a shitbox that was in danger of not starting on a regular basis, I'd care. Except I drive a new, well-maintained vehicle. Can you tell me truthfully the last time you couldn't start a modern car? Other than because the battery died. Jump boxes are cheap, and small enough to fit in the glovebox. My Sentra WAS a shitbox, but even it never had trouble starting in 10 years.

Advertisement

SloRyd

Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Aaaaannnndddd... I made 30 :cwl::cwl::cwl:

1.png

3 pages in, and I've almost won!

2.png

I’d say at least the manual guys can fill up a whole card.:giggle:

The only thing we hear from the A10 guys is “it’s quicker” or “it’s more consistent”

Mikthehun1

Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
I’d say at least the manual guys can fill up a whole card.:giggle:

The only thing we hear from the A10 guys is “it’s quicker” or “it’s more consistent”
Too busy driving to make up reasons to defend our decisions. I got every one of these spaces from posts on this site :like:

I'll make an automatic guys card tomorrow if you like.

SloRyd

Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Too busy driving to make up reasons to defend our decisions. I got every one of these spaces from posts on this site :like:

I'll make an automatic guys card tomorrow if you like.
Whoa whoa whoa, defend decisions? It’s not like we are driving Kia Sedonas here or something. :cwl:
And yes!!! Please do. I think it would be awesome if every time this thread came up we could bust these out
You know it’s only a matter of hours before someone else posts a new Auto vs Manual thread. :clock:

Rapid Red

Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed>GT PP2XRL1
Vehicle Showcase
6 sp, weighs less

LSchicago

Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com