Sponsored

Who's "your guy" for your performance/mod/maintenance work in Atlanta?

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Hi guys. I moved here to Atlanta about 2 years ago and had an extremely horrific experience at a dealership, leading to nearly 2 years of downtime. Finally got a rebuilt engine by RPG and back on the road!

Now I'm just looking to get the AC recharged and put the splitter back on. I'm just trying to build a list of contacts that I can establish some history with and reach out to for little things here and there.

So far on the list, I just have a guy named Danny (@danny.built on Instagram), and of course I know of Injected Engineering. Both are great people, but just looking for some additional ones to shop around/check out. Not looking for the cheapest person per se, but just reasonably priced and are relatively available for small tasks, etc. Could be a shop, or just someone that you know personally that does your work.

Any suggestions in ATL or surrounding areas?
Sponsored

Canti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I'm in the Atlanta area as well and the two shops I deal with are Balanced Performance up in Cumming and Powerlab Performance in Lithia Springs. Jason and his guys at Balance are a performance show that does it all. They build race cars or modify street cars. Only small niggle with is that they are very far from where I live and they don't really work on weekends because they work as a pit crew for some of their pro-am customers.

Powerlab is a mustang performance shop. They only work with stangs. They do everything from Amsoil oil changes to custom tunes to super charger installs. I have had a great experience with them so far and they are less then 15 minutes from my place.

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
That's really good to know. Thanks a lot, @Canti. I'm downtown ATL and always curious to know who's around the area. So far I've had a better shot at getting in touch with Danny (he used to be extremely difficult to get in touch with). Still lives pretty far away from me (30+ minutes), but will definitely look around if the communication becomes difficult again.

Really appreciate your input!!! A shop that only works on mustangs is exactly the ideal shop.

Canti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
No problem. Powerlab is in the process of moving at the moment (they just announced it last week) and haven't settled on a new place yet. Here is their instagram page if you want to check them out. Hopefully they don't go too far out of the way with this move. https://www.instagram.com/powerlab_performance/

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Nice. Hopefully they're moving closer to the city, LOL. Thanks a lot!
Sponsored