Sponsored

Who's got the new 2018 coming?

Idmmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford falcon
Link to a thread in main forum regarding MT82D shift forks breaking.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/alex-flores-broke-shift-forks-on-camera.107753/unread

I have 1200 ks on mine and have not gone past 5300 rpm yet and have never shifted even remotely fast yet i can feel that something’s not right. It better not be this...

Alex Flores.
Great youtuber...
Yeah same here, Mine has done 1500km and never taking over 5500 rpm and only shifted slowly.
sometimes its hard to get into first but I don't think its shift fork related. at the first 3000km service I was thinking about getting the ford shifter installed so I can keep my warranty.
I would love to get the mgw shifter so I don't have to worry about breaking the shift forks only problem is I will lose the 5 year warranty.

I guess we just have to wait and see
Sponsored

Five Red Lights

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT manual MagneRide Recaros. Ordered
Yeah same here, Mine has done 1500km and never taking over 5500 rpm and only shifted slowly.
sometimes its hard to get into first but I don't think its shift fork related. at the first 3000km service I was thinking about getting the ford shifter installed so I can keep my warranty.
I would love to get the mgw shifter so I don't have to worry about breaking the shift forks only problem is I will lose the 5 year warranty.

I guess we just have to wait and see
A mate has an 18 and is struggling to get into 2nd occasionally, I agree it’s not necessarily shift fork, I think that will either just break or it won’t, think mine is either clutch or synchro related. Taking it in early for the 3k service.
5 year warranty. Thank f%#k!

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Even if you get an MGW, that doesn't affect the internal shift forks in any way.

The MGW on my 16 is amazing though, 10/10 would recommend. Dunno if the clutch spring is as much as issue on the 18s, but swapping out for the Steeda could help. The BG fluid made a big difference too, but voids the warranty as far as I'm aware

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
If they've said that then my bet is it's on the Tamesis. That's what mine is on, expected to dock in Mel on Aug 26th
Turns out mine is on the Parsifal, which docked at Manzanillo early this morning. What date did the Tamesis leave Baltimore?

gMit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru BRZ
Turns out mine is on the Parsifal, which docked at Manzanillo early this morning. What date did the Tamesis leave Baltimore?
Left Baltimore 23 July currently on way to Papeete. Do you know when Parsifal is expected to dock in Aus?

Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Left Baltimore 23 July currently on way to Papeete. Do you know when Parsifal is expected to dock in Aus?
Nah I'm not sure, trying to figure it out. Left Baltimore July 31, I can see that the Tamesis is just on the other side of the Canal so shouldn't be too far behind it.

gMit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru BRZ
Nah I'm not sure, trying to figure it out. Left Baltimore July 31, I can see that the Tamesis is just on the other side of the Canal so shouldn't be too far behind it.
If you can find the vessel owner you can check their site for schedule. Yeah it's meant to dock in Papeete on 11th Aug. As you said currently in the middle of no where so can't track.

Last edited:

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
If you can find the vessel owner you can check their site for schedule. Yeah it's meant to dock in Parsifal on 11th Aug. As you said currently in the middle of no where so can't track.
Finally found it lol, estimated arrival at Port Kembla is August 30 :thumbsup:

Last edited:

gMit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru BRZ
Finally found it lol, estimated arrival at Port Kembla is August 30 :thumbsup:
Was just tracking yours and looks like Parsifal is going straight the BNE from Panama. Mine is going through French Polynesia, NZ etc.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Was just tracking yours and looks like Parsifal is going straight the BNE from Panama. Mine is going through French Polynesia, NZ etc.
Yeah they all seem to take different routes, my 16 was on the Carmen and that went from Panama to NZ before coming to Aus. Not long now...

Sponsored

Bullant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Order 18 GT Fastback M6T Kona Mag Rec Forged
This my new Kona Blue, I picked it up late 1 AUG and it went straight to Opticoat for the best part of 2 days.

Bullant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Order 18 GT Fastback M6T Kona Mag Rec Forged
My beautiful Kona Blue delivered late 1 AUG 18 and then to Opticoat for the best part of 2 days. My only disappointment is the number plates which I hope to upgrade when a better solution becomes available.
IMG_8863.JPG
IMG_8867.JPG
IMG_8886.JPG
IMG_8889.JPG
IMG_8891.JPG

gMit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru BRZ
My beautiful Kona Blue delivered late 1 AUG 18 and then to Opticoat for the best part of 2 days. My only disappointment is the number plates which I hope to upgrade when a better solution becomes available.
Congrats mate, looks beautiful

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Congratulations Phil. Nice car!

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
IMG_8863.JPG
IMG_8867.JPG
IMG_8886.JPG
IMG_8889.JPG
IMG_8891.JPG
Looks awesome Phil Congrats mate.:like:
Sponsored