WHITE PLATINUM S550 MUSTANG Thread

Timinaz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350 J3307 Sold (Dec 2021)
Thats odd. I see them and even in your post I see thumnails of them just fine....
Sponsored

Timinaz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

Dr.Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Do any of your cars have mismatched body panels when it comes to the shade of the paint? I made a deal on a 2017 GT in white platinum. Finally got to see it today bc it had it be transferred from another dealer, and I quickly noticed that the bumpers and side skirts were not as bright of a white as the rest of the body. In the shade it wasn't as noticeable, but in the sun it was easy to see that the bumpers had a more yellowish tint to them. Have you guys also had this problem on your cars? Any fix for it? I'm thinking of backing out of the deal, but before doing so wanted to see if there were any paint correction fixes short of repainting the car.

Ratkiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT LE #1681
Do any of your cars have mismatched body panels when it comes to the shade of the paint? I made a deal on a 2017 GT in white platinum. Finally got to see it today bc it had it be transferred from another dealer, and I quickly noticed that the bumpers and side skirts were not as bright of a white as the rest of the body. In the shade it wasn't as noticeable, but in the sun it was easy to see that the bumpers had a more yellowish tint to them. Have you guys also had this problem on your cars? Any fix for it? I'm thinking of backing out of the deal, but before doing so wanted to see if there were any paint correction fixes short of repainting the car.
I noticed the same thing. It's the metal body panels compared to the plastic body panels, there is definitely a difference. I assume it has to do with how they prepare the surface.

This is still by far my favorite color, but I will not get this color again, because of this issue and hardly anybody makes aftermarket parts in this color. :frusty:

OP
OP

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Thats fairly normal with plastic. It doesnt take paint the same way as metal. All colors, any manufacturer has a difference in color shade on those parts. As long as isnt glaringly obvious in direct sunlight i wouldn't be to hung up on it. Some colors its easier than others to notice it on. Itll never be a direct match even if the entire car was repainted. How close it is will depend on the skill of the painter and how much was mixed in of a specific color to darken or brighten. It also has to do with what they call the flop with metallic paint. Change the angle you look at it and it can brighten or darken. It has to do with the flake and how it captures light too. Combine both reasons for the color variance and thats probably what youre seeing.

Sponsored

Timinaz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
With such a small showing in this thread and seeing elsewhere on this site that PW is not offered on the 2018, I think we have some pretty rare cars. I have not seen any others here in Tucson but I know Mustang_Guy is in Phoenix somewhere and RATKILLER has the only car that I can tell is exactly like mine with Premium/Performance . Guess I will see you at Barrett Jackson in 30 years. Don't wreck 'em!

Ratkiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT LE #1681
Too late. ��

Last edited:

Timinaz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
:doh: OMG!!! What happened?!?!? I hope you are ok. I'm so sorry.

Ratkiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT LE #1681
Yes I'm good. Lower air bag went off to protect my knees. Basically lost control during the last rain storm and clipped a tree. Insurance is still deciding if its totaled or not.

Timinaz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Well I'm glad to hear you are ok. Are you going to get another?

Sponsored

Ratkiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT LE #1681
Definitely!!!!

OP
OP

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
With such a small showing in this thread and seeing elsewhere on this site that PW is not offered on the 2018, I think we have some pretty rare cars. I have not seen any others here in Tucson but I know Mustang_Guy is in Phoenix somewhere and RATKILLER has the only car that I can tell is exactly like mine with Premium/Performance . Guess I will see you at Barrett Jackson in 30 years. Don't wreck 'em!
East coast here.:)

Sorry about your stang Ratkiller. Glad you're okay

Dkar26

MaxPower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT premium
Cleaned the garage for the addition! Stay tuned for tinting and striping! And wheel spacers!
DC1FC83C-6A23-41B7-B30C-9CD57F985438.jpg

Timinaz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I like your style! Nice car. :cheers:
Sponsored