Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I know that the 2.9 can make great power. I know that it will make a lot more power than most would care to want. My question… Will Whipple make a bigger version of the front inlet 2.9... Maybe a 3.4 or 4.0.. I have a 3.4 on my Cobra and it is a great blower... Like I said, I am just curious what Whipple R&D have up their sleeve.
Sponsored

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
You'll make about the same power you're making now with it unless you have a built engine or plan on running a higher octane. The blower itself will just spin slower to make the same boost

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
I have a feeling that theres going to be a bigger whipple =)

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
I asked Whipple that question right before I made my purchase last month. They said no plans ATM...but why would they tell me anyway lol.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
i honestly have yet to see the advantage of the increase in size.. at least within our typical 800hp cap 2.3 seems to be in that efficient area. but maybe be more difference over 800hp

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dntalman

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yeah, I run a Roush TVS on my 15.. I am happy with it. Efficiency is debatable between a 2.3 TVS and a 2.9 Whipple.... Calm down Whipple guys. We all have our favorites.. I went from a 2.3 Whipple to a 3.4 and the bigger blower ran cooler with more Boost. I also understand a bigger blower can be inefficient on a relatively stock motor. I am really just curious of what Whipple has planned for the future.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
There is an efficiency range on these twin screw compressors that should be sized to the Hp goals and CFM boost needed to make that power. The Kenne Bells had an S and H series in the same size units the only difference was the internal pressure developed and the outlet port size. The S series in a 2.8l was more efficient under 15 psi and the H series 2.8l was more efficient above 15 psi according to Kenne Bell.
Sponsored