Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
any of the kits will treat you good. for the $ and 850 wheel potential of the Paxton kit, I think they are hard to beat though

900+ hp intercooler out of the box, with ids and custom tune, and bap for under 6k......

pulley down, race gas tune , 9 second car done

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Well I aiming to build something to out run and out dyno a Hellcat and I want to sound good, I have a friend with a procharger on his 2015 and it doesn't sound good at low rpm, I just want something that sounds like or better than my S-trim, T-trim, or my Novi2000 that I have on my Foxbodies
Well... "sound good" is obviously individual opinion. What "sound" do you wan't?? I love the sound of the Whipple, personally. But I also think NOTHING compares to the sound of a TT set up. It's pretty rare to make a FI decision based on sound. But everyone likes what they like. I don't see how anyone can help you with your own opinion on sound tho. If you possibly have vehicles available, I'd say hearing your options in person is the way to go. Videos and and sound clips are nice, but a far cry from hearing them in person. I hope you find what your looking for good sir.

OP
OP

Racsirx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
any of the kits will treat you good. for the $ and 850 wheel potential of the Paxton kit, I think they are hard to beat though

900+ hp intercooler out of the box, with ids and custom tune, and bap for under 6k......

pulley down, race gas tune , 9 second car done
Sounds good just like to know how the inlet temps compare to the Whipple and I love the price, Whipple was offering me 2.9L or 4.5L with all the upgrades for around $10K

Sponsored

OP
OP

Racsirx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Well... "sound good" is obviously individual opinion. What "sound" do you wan't?? I love the sound of the Whipple, personally. But I also think NOTHING compares to the sound of a TT set up. It's pretty rare to make a FI decision based on sound. But everyone likes what they like. I don't see how anyone can help you with your own opinion on sound tho. If you possibly have vehicles available, I'd say hearing your options in person is the way to go. Videos and and sound clips are nice, but a far cry from hearing them in person. I hope you find what your looking for good sir.
I have heard plenty of whipples at the track and on the dyno, I would love to put a turbo kit on if they were smog legal, otherwise I use my GT4718 turbo I have for my other project, love California weather and pay but can't stand all the stupid laws

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT

Tim5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP, 67 Ford Bronco, 16 Focus RS
I wondering which one should it get, Whipple 2.9L or Paxton 2200? I haven't seen much dyno info on the Paxton 2200, I seen a lot of 650rwhp & 500rwtq on a completely stock cars with just a Whipple 2.9L, what can the Paxton 2200 make on completely stock car and will it be completely smog legal for California? Also what will the inlets temps be like compared to the Whipple 2.9L?
Lee - I would go (and plan to in the future) with the Whipple.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Sounds good just like to know how the inlet temps compare to the Whipple and I love the price, Whipple was offering me 2.9L or 4.5L with all the upgrades for around $10K
if you want to get fancy and get the oil fed hd jt trim, along with the 8 rib upgrade

with 1000cc injectors, custom tune, bap, your going to be all in for around $6600

one pulley down, heinz has been 9.7s with that setup

the blower is capable of over 1000 wheel and 8 second ets.

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
if you want to get fancy and get the oil fed hd jt trim, along with the 8 rib upgrade

with 1000cc injectors, custom tune, bap, your going to be all in for around $6600

That's interesting. Last time I priced that I was no where near that price. Did something change?

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
I've heard about these kinds of kids before. I think in the movie 300 they throw them off a cliff at birth. :lol:
OUCH lol THIS IS SPARTA!!! I showed the comments to my 16yr old daughter, and needless to say, his son is officially off her list of possible suitors lol She was very sad and confused to see that anyone could possibly dislike the Whipple whine. I told her everyone is entitled to their opinion... she said "not if their opinion is stupid". Might be a sign that I have to stop taking parenting lessons from Family Guy.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)

Man, that's a NICE price.
Sponsored