Sponsored

Whipple 10 rib set up boost vs 6 rib boost?

aedfam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aed
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2017 GT
Anyone out there see any increase/performance in boost/hp when upgrading from the Whipple standard 6 rib set up to the 10 rib set up? Does it depend on what fuel type your running, etc.. I'm sure there are some better numbers as with the 10 rib there shouldn't be any loss of power that could come from belt slippage...

What I am wanting to know is there a significant amount of power increase to justify making the $1850 purchase or should you only purchase if you are seeing belt slippage with the current set up and power? I'm thinking of eventually aiming to achieve 900 rwhp so I may have to actually purchase it one day, but for now I'm wondering if $1850 is better spent elsewhere...
Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Anyone out there see any increase/performance in boost/hp when upgrading from the Whipple standard 6 rib set up to the 10 rib set up? Does it depend on what fuel type your running, etc.. I'm sure there are some better numbers as with the 10 rib there shouldn't be any loss of power that could come from belt slippage...

What I am wanting to know is there a significant amount of power increase to justify making the $1850 purchase or should you only purchase if you are seeing belt slippage with the current set up and power? I'm thinking of eventually aiming to achieve 900 rwhp so I may have to actually purchase it one day, but for now I'm wondering if $1850 is better spent elsewhere...
The 10 rib won't give you anymore power then the 6 rib. It's just going to allow you to run more aggressive pulley combos without seeing boost/power loss from slippage. I typically recommend the 10 rib kit for those looking to take the car to the 850+ rwhp range and have plans to go quick at the track. Otherwise someone with let's say just a standard stage 2 kit will not really benefit from the 10 rib.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Whipple doesn’t recommend going to the 10 rib unless you're going past 15 lbs of boost. For reference, I’m 900hp to the wheels on E85 and 3.25 pulley size with 6 rib and no belt slip seen on the dyno. I run road course and I’ll never get to peak power levels like you might in 1/4 mile. Some get the 10 rib just for looks as I’ve installed plenty of them for others. Spend the money elsewhere but that’s just my opinion.

Last edited:

Tatum337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
If you don't have the 20% O/D damper you could install one to help with more boost. You wouldn't have to run as small of a pulley as you would have to normally to increase the boost. Same pulley size would make more power than having to go smaller in size.
Sponsored