Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The AED tune is night and day from Lund. Lund seems like they are bothered to help you (tuner Greg is useless are far as my experiences have been) and won't address certain issues. Like a huge lag / bog from a dead stop, over and over and over with the logs to no avail, and i KNOW this isnt the only A6 car to have had this issue, i know two firsthand. AED's tune is no lag at all and an and its absolute dream to work with Shaun. He is very attentive and thorough, I'd never trust anyone again with a coyote but Shaun at AED.

Ive had major name tuners tune my car as well, PBD, Adam Marrer and JDM and Lund. So i know what a good tune should run like.

just my $.02 and my experiences.

Last edited:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
The AED tune is night and day from Lund. Lund seems like they are bothered to help you (tuner Greg is useless are far as my experiences have been) and won't address certain issues. Like a huge lag / bog from a dead stop, over and over and over with the logs to no avail, and i KNOW this isnt the only A6 car to have had this issue, i know two firsthand. AED's tune is no lag at all and an and its absolute dream to work with Shaun. He is very attentive and thorough, I'd never trust anyone again with a coyote but Shaun at AED.

Hi there

Well as you know I tried both Lund and JDM on my GT 350 setup.

My tuner at Lund (Dakota) was super excellent when it came to service and communications, he also extracted huge power and performance from my car, 32 degrees WOT timing on 93 pump gas with zero knock, the car was insanely quick.

But the cars accelerator pedal was super sensitive, felt pedal maxed. I even tried the stock TB, again car still felt pedal maxed. Normal mode more sensitive than race mode making the throttle touchy, particular when running cold.

Dakota tried loads of DBW, torque table tweaks which helped but the issue was never remedied, I just wanted stock gas pedal feel, I love a linear pedal.

So I decided to give JDM a try as they told me they were confident there tune would drive better than Lunds with a normal throttle.

So I got their tune, but in short it was horrible, the car surged like crazy when cold and even still did a bit when warmed up, it also felt a lot slower which it was making only 26 degrees WOT.

I rang JDM and spoke to Jim Sr. who was very helpful and understanding, he asked for some particular logs and said he'd hope to sort a revision within 24hr. 48hr later no tune revision so I chased up and Jim Jr. replied saying the revision will take longer as they are discussing some setting/tables with SCT so I am still without a revision and they adviced to put the Lund tune back on.

So I did as it was not pleasant on the JDM tune, certainly did not drive better though the gas pedal did feel like a stock car which was good but the surge was so bad. Though some might like to know that JDM has zero rev hang in their tune and no lift shift function enabled, though I prefer rev hang as it helps making shifting smoothing in city driving.

I then spoke with Ken Bjonnes on Facebook who was super helpful, he checked the Lund logs and said he could sort the touchy throttle but was only willing to do for the stock throttle body. He also suggested to try getting in touch with Jon II or Jon Sr. the owner of Lund and master calibrator. He explained that the guys at Lund are trained on tweaking maps for fuelling, timing, cam and safety type stuff, but stuff like throttle is more advanced and in the base files.

So I filled in the online submission for an issue at like 6am US time, within one hour Jon Sr. the owner of Lund replied stating that a lot of time and effort is put into the NA tunes and throttle management to improve sensitivity of the throttle as majority of customers prefer it as makes car less lazy and of course makes people think they have even more power.

So he asked me which was my favourite 350 tune file due to the amount of revisions I have had and he went deep into the file and restored the Ford factory settings.

RESULT!

I have the throttle I want, its just like a stock car again, OK maybe a little more sensitive due to the timing/power increase but it means that normal is now lazy like stock car and it means I am using sport and race again when my mood allows and road conditions permit.

The side effect of this has also resolved the cold start touchiness as well.

In short my 350 tune from Lund is now perfect, it has stock gas pedal feel, surge free both cold and warm and at WOT it rips my face off and I can now balance the car so easily mid corner even in wet as the throttle feels normal like a sports car again and not like it has a pedal max turned upto 11.

So if your 350 tuned by Lund and dislike your throttle ask for Jon Sr. and mention my name, he can sort it for you. :)

I will still try the JDM tune as I paid for it afterall just a shame it is not what they suggested. :(

For me the customer service from Lund is superb, so fast and so responsive, Jon Sr. was like damn man you have had like 11 tune revisions which one are you running now so I can fix it for you. I said to him your guy Dakota is a top lad and really tried to fix this and he was fine as he said this stuff he writes into base files which his guys then modify for power/safety etc.

So if your not getting anywhere or unhappy with your Lund tune, maybe try getting hold of Jon Sr. and explain to him your issue and see if he can fix it.

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black 5.0 Vert

Ive had major name tuners tune my car as well, PBD, Adam Marrer and JDM and Lund. So i know what a good tune should run like.

I've never experienced any of what you stated. My tuner Dakota from Lund took great care of me and addressed all of my concerns.

Sponsored

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've never experienced any of what you stated. My tuner Dakota from Lund took great care of me and addressed all of my concerns.
Dakota is great, Greg, not so much.. they still couldn't address the bog. But AED did.

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have an A6 you have an M6. Big difference in bogging in those cars. You control you your bogging via gas and clutch pedals, us a6 guys are at the mercy of our tuners.

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
I have an A6 you have an M6. Big difference in bogging in those cars. You control you your bogging via gas and clutch pedals, us a6 guys are at the mercy of our tuners.
I hear ya. I'm glad it got sorted out through AED.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Yeah Dakota is ace, he did my 350 setup with 350 TB and 350 CAI, my god the car is insanely fast and drove surge free.

For me I only disliked the pedal maxed throttle, too sensitive for me, which Dakota could not fix though he did try and he is super quick and responding and answering questions.

My sensitive throttle is fixed now as Jon Sr. sorted it who is the owner of Lund. :)

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
AED tunes for the GT350 TB? Or just the stock one?

Sponsored

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
Yeah Dakota is ace, he did my 350 setup with 350 TB and 350 CAI, my god the car is insanely fast and drove surge free.

For me I only disliked the pedal maxed throttle, too sensitive for me, which Dakota could not fix though he did try and he is super quick and responding and answering questions.

My sensitive throttle is fixed now as Jon Sr. sorted it who is the owner of Lund. :)
I hear ya. I love sensitive throttle so it's perfect for me lol.

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hear ya. I love sensitive throttle so it's perfect for me lol.
Yeah Jon Sr. explained the majority prefer it sensitive hence why he put the time and effort in testing to make it drive like that. The main thing is he gave me what I wanted and on flip side fixed the cold running touchiness. :)

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

If all else has been tried, the fix to the touchey throttle is to use the stock GT350 Driver Demand tables instead of the stock GT tables. If you look at both side by side the GT350 values are much lower in most cells especially those around 1/8-1/2 pedal.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If all else has been tried, the fix to the touchey throttle is to use the stock GT350 Driver Demand tables instead of the stock GT tables. If you look at both side by side the GT350 values are much lower in most cells especially those around 1/8-1/2 pedal.
All fixed now buddy, whatever Jon Sr. at Lund did has cured it, even in -5c weather car drives like stock, silky smooth with just a lot more power.
Sponsored