Which Map should I get?

M4RC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Just recent picked up a 2021 mustang, I’ve got headers, cat back exhaust, Roush intake, Ford lowering springs getting fitted next week.

which map is recommend? I’ve had a look at tuning companies but they are all hours away, is any of the handheld units any use? I am from the UK however most seem to be for US.

DD2C73C8-0082-4034-B7DC-6AA2004E0590.jpeg
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
As you're in the UK, give MAP (Motorsport and Performance) a call. Might be a few hours drive, but you don't want to mess around when it comes to tuning a £50k Mustang :)

https://www.motorsportandperformance.com/
why on earth would you want to go to map then :lipssealed:

give mike at modurstang a call or the guys at gt101 long ass drive for you but worth it

OP
OP
M4RC

M4RC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
why on earth would you want to go to map then :lipssealed:

give mike at modurstang a call or the guys at gt101 long ass drive for you but worth it
Have you had any issues with MAP? I was also reccomended them by someone else.

I’ll take a look at them also, thanks.

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
me personally no but there's plenty of people on here who have and having seen their handy work first hand i wouldn't risk my engine there put it that way and i'm attempting to do a build nobody in the uk has ever done so i'm perfectly open to risk

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
I will always go to MAP - every time - and I have been there several times with my current Mustang

its not good form to knock a company publicly when you have no actual personal experience of them and only going on hearsay... in my opinion

Others with good reputations are Modurstang and GT101

unfortunately none of them are in Scotland though...

SpeedOfMach

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Dave @hinch talking absolute knackers once again, having zero experience of using a company then slates them and when questioned in the past can not provide any evidence to back his claims, it’s getting a bit tiresome reading his nonsense from the sidelines.

if we’re talking about engines blowing up you might question why modurstang has replaced their engine recently in their s550 🤠

Last edited:

Ben_MAP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged S550
Mr Hinch

For quite a long time, I have sat by and watched you spout your unsubstantiated drivel, aimed at my company, on this forum – I feel it is past time I had my say, and so I have made an account to do so.

I think; first, a little background might be in order – and so let's discuss my version of the interactions that we have ACTUALLY had with one another.

You were at the first Mustang meet that I ever attended. I remember very well pulling up to hear you revving your car for a small crowd, proudly advertising that you had just had your cats removed by welding straight pipe sections into your factory exhaust manifolds. 'Hillbilly engineering at its finest' – your words, not mine.

You proceeded to explain that you had over 600hp, cams, intake and full exhaust. All work carried out by yourself and tuned on your very own dynapac hub dyno (which at a later meet became your friends, and when I asked for confirmation, it was still your friends, but you had generously purchased it for him).

Since I've invested my entire working career into building cars, understanding cars and building, from scratch, a facility specifically to enhance cars for performance – I would have hoped that you might not take it personally when I failed to subscribe to your nonsense. But, unfortunately, you did and then proceeded to seed a hate campaign against my company. It does seem petty and a shame since you have never stepped foot in the place, asked for advice or had any interactions with us other than trying to tell me how it is. Looking around on here you often post nonsense and personally attack individuals with far more experience than yourself – I am glad to see it not to just me.

You refer to MAP as if talking about a large conglomerate, a faceless brand. I think it is important for everyone to understand that Motorsport and Performance is, in fact, a very small team of passionate, motivated, talented, and skilled individuals. Each time served, personally invested and accountable for the quality of their workmanship and who take it very personally if something does not quite go as expected.

Over the course of 10,000+ invoices, we have an exemplary success record and countless very happy customers. As with all things (and especially cars), not everything goes perfectly smoothly every time. In a sense, though, I am glad - I will go above and beyond to rectify any real issue for someone willing to give us the opportunity to do so, without any failures I wouldn’t get that opportunity at all – if a customer does not let us try, then there is little that can be done.

You claim that there are 'plenty' of people out there that have had issues with our work; unfortunately, I am not aware of them – I would ask anyone unhappy to let me know so I can fix it. I suspect though that your 'plenty' are more people who have been drawn into the garbage been spread about us by yourself and our competition since rumours and innuendo are yours and their only defence against the truth that is, we are excellent at what we do – which we prove day in day out, every single week.

I am pleased to see that you are finally going to attempt to add boost to your car. I am surprised you are outsourcing the install as well as the tune – for someone with so much keyboard experience I thought it might be well within your talents to complete the build yourself using your own facilities.

Either way, it doesn't matter – I will be watching your efforts from afar and very much look forward to pitting our cars against one another on the strip. I will be sure to let you have a go at the centrifugal charged cars that we have built and tuned (you are far from the first in the UK) before allowing some of my other customers to show you how it's done. Perhaps then you can line up against ASBO MAP, if you still have a taste for it. The last UK outing we attended, I wonder if anyone else showed up since me and my customers had such a good time with our reliable cars, and the competition sat in the pits head in laptops.

This post will be my standard reply to any posts you make about MAP in future, at least until you substantiate and backup your claims with actions … rather than banging away on your keyboard as if you have the first clue or an ounce of experience in what you are talking about.

Let me know when you are going to pod, I'll see you there. :handshake:

Ben

SpeedOfMach

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Mr Hinch

For quite a long time, I have sat by and watched you spout your unsubstantiated drivel, aimed at my company, on this forum – I feel it is past time I had my say, and so I have made an account to do so.

I think; first, a little background might be in order – and so let's discuss my version of the interactions that we have ACTUALLY had with one another.

You were at the first Mustang meet that I ever attended. I remember very well pulling up to hear you revving your car for a small crowd, proudly advertising that you had just had your cats removed by welding straight pipe sections into your factory exhaust manifolds. 'Hillbilly engineering at its finest' – your words, not mine.

You proceeded to explain that you had over 600hp, cams, intake and full exhaust. All work carried out by yourself and tuned on your very own dynapac hub dyno (which at a later meet became your friends, and when I asked for confirmation, it was still your friends, but you had generously purchased it for him).

Since I've invested my entire working career into building cars, understanding cars and building, from scratch, a facility specifically to enhance cars for performance – I would have hoped that you might not take it personally when I failed to subscribe to your nonsense. But, unfortunately, you did and then proceeded to seed a hate campaign against my company. It does seem petty and a shame since you have never stepped foot in the place, asked for advice or had any interactions with us other than trying to tell me how it is. Looking around on here you often post nonsense and personally attack individuals with far more experience than yourself – I am glad to see it not to just me.

You refer to MAP as if talking about a large conglomerate, a faceless brand. I think it is important for everyone to understand that Motorsport and Performance is, in fact, a very small team of passionate, motivated, talented, and skilled individuals. Each time served, personally invested and accountable for the quality of their workmanship and who take it very personally if something does not quite go as expected.

Over the course of 10,000+ invoices, we have an exemplary success record and countless very happy customers. As with all things (and especially cars), not everything goes perfectly smoothly every time. In a sense, though, I am glad - I will go above and beyond to rectify any real issue for someone willing to give us the opportunity to do so, without any failures I wouldn’t get that opportunity at all – if a customer does not let us try, then there is little that can be done.

You claim that there are 'plenty' of people out there that have had issues with our work; unfortunately, I am not aware of them – I would ask anyone unhappy to let me know so I can fix it. I suspect though that your 'plenty' are more people who have been drawn into the garbage been spread about us by yourself and our competition since rumours and innuendo are yours and their only defence against the truth that is, we are excellent at what we do – which we prove day in day out, every single week.

I am pleased to see that you are finally going to attempt to add boost to your car. I am surprised you are outsourcing the install as well as the tune – for someone with so much keyboard experience I thought it might be well within your talents to complete the build yourself using your own facilities.

Either way, it doesn't matter – I will be watching your efforts from afar and very much look forward to pitting our cars against one another on the strip. I will be sure to let you have a go at the centrifugal charged cars that we have built and tuned (you are far from the first in the UK) before allowing some of my other customers to show you how it's done. Perhaps then you can line up against ASBO MAP, if you still have a taste for it. The last UK outing we attended, I wonder if anyone else showed up since me and my customers had such a good time with our reliable cars, and the competition sat in the pits head in laptops.

This post will be my standard reply to any posts you make about MAP in future, at least until you substantiate and backup your claims with actions … rather than banging away on your keyboard as if you have the first clue or an ounce of experience in what you are talking about.

Ben
The deep burn 🔥 🥵

Sponsored
OP
OP
M4RC

M4RC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Mr Hinch

Ben
Glad I done a bit more research and ignored this keyboard gangster, it wasn’t adding up when everyone else was recommending MAP😂

See you when my intake comes in👍

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
I would suggest either MAP or Wortec (if you’re further south.

Both damn good at what they do and can’t go wrong with either:rockon:
Sponsored