Sponsored

which is a better ( COLD AIR INTAKE ) K&N OR JLT ??? i need help for a mustang GT 2016 convertible

OP
OP
Booklynhaitian11226
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
romeo
Vehicle(s)
California mustang gt 2016
I see you’re in New York but are you looking for something that’s CARB compatible depending on what happens in the stupid world we live in right now? I have the Roush.
THE ROUSH IS BETTER THEN JLT AND K&N?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Booklynhaitian11226
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
romeo
Vehicle(s)
If you are looking for sound or looks I prefer the Airaid. If you are looking for power than a tune would also be needed with all the CAIs.

your 16 looks great by the way.
THANK YOU that a old pic i need to post a new pic i got new wheels and rims the caliper is orange to now

OP
OP
Booklynhaitian11226
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
romeo
Vehicle(s)
I've used the Injen on my 2019 GT convertible and a 2016 GT. I did not have either car checked for HP before or after the install. The other point you need to consider is if you just want to install a CAI or also have the car tuned. The Injen does not require a tune but I believe that the JLT requires one and perhaps the K&N as well. This will get you more horse power but will double your cost (estimate). To make this easier, check out CJ Pony parts or American Muscle as they have these and other CAIs that show if a tune is required and also include CAIs from Roush and others. Hope this helps.
They both dont need a tune but you can add tune to it if you want i was told talking to american muscle

OP
OP
Booklynhaitian11226
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
romeo
Vehicle(s)
I don't read venom what's said is true. If stating a fact is now venom, that's damn sad.

With that mindset, I would be skeptical of information or advice form such a source.

Roush tune also requires the smaller venturi to be removed .

Not sure all CIA have that particular feature. So the OP might want to ask that as he is looking.
so what you think that will be best ?

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Best at what? Better how? Do you want good looks or more power?

IMO, I would stick with the stock box and put a high performance filter in it. Spend the savings on some paint correction. I'd bet you would never notice (or need) an extra few HP you might gain even with a tune.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

I will say Roush, can one drop the K&N in a stock box, yes. Is there some (some) performance gain yes . The word some is lower case, representing the amount.

Looking for a true plug & play upgrade that will be noticeable every time out.

Roush L2 CAI

Ford & Roush go hand and hand, product development also, really cannot go wrong. Get what's paid for, no almost.

Cheers,

paint correction .......?....... that made me laugh, talk about wasted $$$$$$

OP
OP
Booklynhaitian11226
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
romeo
Vehicle(s)
I will say Roush, can one drop the K&N in a stock box, yes. Is there some (some) performance gain yes . The word some is lower case, representing the amount.

Looking for a true plug & play upgrade that will be noticeable every time out.

Roush L2 CAI

Ford & Roush go hand and hand, product development also, really cannot go wrong. Get what's paid for, no almost.

Cheers,

paint correction .......?....... that made me laugh, talk about wasted $$$$$$
[/QUOTE
what paint correction ? my car wasnt painted , so the roush is the best then ?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Terlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Not a fan of oiled filters. ...Oil migrates over time toward the TB with a nice sticky coating on inside of the tube (and MAF).

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not a fan of oiled filters. ...Oil migrates over time toward the TB with a nice sticky coating on inside of the tube (and MAF).

K&N offers dry & wet, have used both. Oiled properly, oil will not migrate.

It does not when new, that only happens because the user over saturates the filter media.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
It's 2021, we have a perfectly well functioning stock air box and yet people are still talking about CAI's. Unbelievable.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's 2021, we have a perfectly well functioning stock air box and yet people are still talking about CAI's. Unbelievable.

That's ok , what's the point no one is saying the stock box does not function.

Is the complaint the next level, better preforming CAI. Is not some thing affordable to some, see mirror ?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Zero complaints about my Roush, in either stock tune or otherwise. More interesting to look at than the stock box, and one of the more OEM-ish looking ones as well. It's been on my car for several years now.

Back when the S550 was first out, Ford Racing was going to release their version of the Roush but never did (see pic, it's the rebranded Roush). Maybe because they planned to utilize the GT350 unit instead for the power packs, who knows.

cai.jpg

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Best at what? Better how? Do you want good looks or more power?

IMO, I would stick with the stock box and put a high performance filter in it. Spend the savings on some paint correction. I'd bet you would never notice (or need) an extra few HP you might gain even with a tune.
60 bucks and ready to redline in a 60 second install.
Sponsored